Seabreeze Pool Question

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ivy View Post
I'm not a lap swimmer so maybe I don't understand. However, it is what it is. Swimdawg, if I remember correctly from your very early posts, you did your due dilligence before moving here and were very concerned about the lack of an indoor pool but decided to move here anyways.

You should have also known that there are only a certain amount of sports pools where lap swimming can be done. Actually those living in the southern portion of The Villages are more fortunate than those living in the northern areas. You have Lake Miona, Colony and Seabreeze. We are coming to the end of what was the busiest winter in TV and it's only going to get worse in years to come. Even the summers are not nearly as peaceful and quiet as they were in the years past. You've got a lot of people in a relatively small area all trying to use a limited number of amenities and sometimes you can't do what you want to do.

And everyone is so upset about the college reserving a pool for lessons, did you know the high school swim team practices at Laurel Manor and they close the pool to residents when the kids are using it?

If I correctly remember something I previously read about amenities still to be built in TV, there is only one more regional rec center left to be built south of 466a. So that's a lot of houses for only a few more lanes to swim.

And for all the golfers frustrated trying to get on an executive course during the winter, there are only six more courses left to be built. That's not enough for all the people yet to come, but again, it is what it is.

Sorry, just felt the need to say all this. Have a good day.
Very well said Ivy. There was also some caution given about moving here and checking out nearby communities that have indoor pools instead.

Is it true the devloper owns the pools? If so does any of our amenity fees cover any of the expense?

I would also think it wold be very intimidating and distracting for beginning swimmers to have swimmers in other lanes. I take my hats off to them for their wanting to put their fear of water aside and attempt to learn to swim. Their expense of taking the course paid for the entire pool to be set aside for their class. How would you like it if someone wanted to use one of the extra bedrooms in the house you paid for?

As far as shutting down a golf course to give lessons, most lessons are given on the driving ranges.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1947 View Post
Are you in your car or golf cart when you drive off the end of the pool?
LOL. I didn't realize how that sounds.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimdawg View Post
I've come to the conclusion that when talking about the need for an indoor pool or more lap lanes/time for laps...well, it's like talking to a brick wall to non- swimmers.

My Sports Pool is Seabreeze....
Seabreaze is my primary sports pool too. I'm sure I've seen you there, swimdawg.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Your survey in not completed until April 8. You can go in and update and edit it until then.

Z
I thought once I clicked on "submit", the survey was closed for me to edit. Thank you for letting me know I can still go back and add some comments.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:25 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default Boy Howdy Doody!

Quote:
I'm not a lap swimmer so maybe I don't understand. However, it is what it is. Swimdawg, if I remember correctly from your very early posts, you did your due dilligence before moving here and were very concerned about the lack of an indoor pool but decided to move here anyways.

You should have also known that there are only a certain amount of sports pools where lap swimming can be done. Actually those living in the southern portion of The Villages are more fortunate than those living in the northern areas. You have Lake Miona, Colony and Seabreeze. We are coming to the end of what was the busiest winter in TV and it's only going to get worse in years to come. Even the summers are not nearly as peaceful and quiet as they were in the years past. You've got a lot of people in a relatively small area all trying to use a limited number of amenities and sometimes you can't do what you want to do.

And everyone is so upset about the college reserving a pool for lessons, did you know the high school swim team practices at Laurel Manor and they close the pool to residents when the kids are using it?

If I correctly remember something I previously read about amenities still to be built in TV, there is only one more regional rec center left to be built south of 466a. So that's a lot of houses for only a few more lanes to swim.

And for all the golfers frustrated trying to get on an executive course during the winter, there are only six more courses left to be built. That's not enough for all the people yet to come, but again, it is what it is.

Boy Howdy Doody!

FYI, I did my research .... big time. There is no other retirement community in THE WORLD that can come close to TV. There is only one thing missing...& you don't want to hear it. I weighed the pros and the cons of TV. It was so one-sided, it was ridiculous. TV won hands down.

I can accept that TV does not have an indoor pool...but it doesn't hurt to voice my opinion. If you only knew some of the things I've accomplished thru the years. And they didn't come to fruition because I sat back and was totally passive.

The Villages is the greatest retirement community in the world, trust me.

I can dream can't I? Bring on the indoor pool!

Oh....and you have a good day, too!
Old 03-29-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
I've come to the conclusion that when talking about the need for an indoor pool or more lap lanes/time for laps...well, it's like talking to a brick wall to non- swimmers.

My Sports Pool is Seabreeze. If you look at the rec schedule, there are only 5 hours per week that are totally dedicated for lap swim. I've been in TV for two weeks and there was not one time I was able to swim in a lane. It was way too busy.

Imagine if they closed a golf course for prime- time golf because they wanted to give lessons to a few.

It's a very frustrating situation....and unfortunately, non- swimmers don't understand.
Quote:

Quote:
Boy Howdy Doody!

FYI, I did my research .... big time. There is no other retirement community in THE WORLD that can come close to TV. There is only one thing missing...& you don't want to hear it. I weighed the pros and the cons of TV. It was so one-sided, it was ridiculous. TV won hands down.

I can accept that TV does not have an indoor pool...but it doesn't hurt to voice my opinion. If you only knew some of the things I've accomplished thru the years. And they didn't come to fruition because I sat back and was totally passive.

The Villages is the greatest retirement community in the world, trust me.

I can dream can't I? Bring on the indoor pool!

Oh....and you have a good day, too!
Swimdawg, I'm sorry if you misunderstood my post. In my first paragraph I stated that I remembered how you did your due dilligence (research) about TV and were very thorough in your decision. Since swimming is important to you I assumed your research would have included the sports pools which according to several posters are the only good pools for lap swimming.

Although I did mention it, my post had nothing to do with the lack of an indoor pool but with the current debate about the sports pools and lap swimming. The actual point of my post was that there are only so many sports pools in TV and I believe only one more to be built. The Villages is getting bigger every day and the problems of not enough sports pools, not enough golf courses, not enough bowling alleys, etc. etc. etc. is not going to change. It's only going to get worse.

I'm sorry you were offended by my post and felt the need to say "Boy Howdy Doody". And the final paragraph of my post was for any and all who might be reading it and not at you directly. Won't post any more about this subject and I'll just be the brick wall who doesn't understand.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Swimdawg, I'm sorry if you misunderstood my post. In my first paragraph I stated that I remembered how you did your due dilligence (research) about TV and were very thorough in your decision. Since swimming is important to you I assumed your research would have included the sports pools which according to several posters are the only good pools for lap swimming.

Although I did mention it, my post had nothing to do with the lack of an indoor pool but with the current debate about the sports pools and lap swimming. The actual point of my post was that there are only so many sports pools in TV and I believe only one more to be built. The Villages is getting bigger every day and the problems of not enough sports pools, not enough golf courses, not enough bowling alleys, etc. etc. etc. is not going to change. It's only going to get worse.

I'm sorry you were offended by my post and felt the need to say "Boy Howdy Doody". And the final paragraph of my post was for any and all who might be reading it and not at you directly. Won't post any more about this subject and I'll just be the brick wall who doesn't understand.
Thank you for your explanation. I respect you for how you feel.

I have not done my research (yet!) for future sports pools south of 466A. It's difficult for me to believe that there will only be one more sports pool in TV. However, I will find out.

Once again, thank you for your explanation. Sometimes the written word....whether it be in an e-mail or a post...comes across quite differently than what we meant it to be. I'm speaking for myself.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:22 AM
Veteran member
Default Rumors vs. truth....

Quote:

I have not done my research (yet!) for future sports pools south of 466A. It's difficult for me to believe that there will only be one more sports pool in TV. However, I will find out.

Once again, thank you for your explanation. Sometimes the written word....whether it be in an e-mail or a post...comes across quite differently than what we meant it to be. I'm speaking for myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I think those who know me realize that I'm not one to write anything that I'm not sure of....before checking it out "from the horse's mouth". I have done just that...in the past, present...and will do in the future. Don't ask me who "the horse" is... but trust me, it is a credible source.

Whoever originally said there was only one regional rec center planned for south of 466A was not correct. The plans for future rec centers are not finalized yet. There are permits to process, etc. The final plans are a work in progress and anyone who purports to know the final plans is misinformed.

Bottom line: The final plans are always a work in progress and a daily evaluation when it comes to future development.

That's the swimdawg update.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I think those who know me realize that I'm not one to write anything that I'm not sure of....before checking it out "from the horse's mouth". I have done just that...in the past, present...and will do in the future. Don't ask me who "the horse" is... but trust me, it is a credible source.

Whoever originally said there was only one regional rec center planned for south of 466A was not correct. The plans for future rec centers are not finalized yet. There are permits to process, etc. The final plans are a work in progress and anyone who purports to know the final plans is misinformed.

Bottom line: The final plans are always a work in progress and a daily evaluation when it comes to future development.

That's the swimdawg update.
A horse is a horse of course of course even if it comes from a credible source.
That is of course unless the horse is the famous Gary Morse.....

Bet I gotcha on the last part.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:22 PM
Veteran member

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.