seal coating roadways?

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2020, 07:21 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

I finally drove on my pavers, I waited a full week keeping one car at the end of the driveway before they sprayed to keep anyone from turning around in my driveway and one car parked on the street for a week that we had to carry a separate pair of shoes to so we didn't carry the oil into the car. After a week I was happy to see that I did not track any oil onto the pavers, many if not all of my neighbors have the black tire marks on their driveways and are trying to get it off with power washers. This should never have been done to residential streets. It looks like HE--, the pavement looks greasy, the concrete on the sides of the pavement is now stained brown, the yellow and white lines on Fenney Way are now discolored, all of the brickwork at the rec. center area is now stained black and the worst part is they used little 3 or 4 inch sand bags to keep the crap from going into the drains that empty into the retention ponds and they did nothing to stop it when it did rain last week. Not a work about this was in the Daily Sun or that other news outlet. I would like to know how much we as taxpayers in Wildwood paid for this mess.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts

Yes it truly is a mess , I’m using separate sandals to get newspaper or any thing else , but this is another reason why after owning 14 new homes I’ve never felt the need to decorate or seal garage or driveway
Old 09-25-2020, 10:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
Yes it truly is a mess , I’m using separate sandals to get newspaper or any thing else , but this is another reason why after owning 14 new homes I’ve never felt the need to decorate or seal garage or driveway
I don't do the garage floor as I have to have somewhere to make a mess but pavers add so much to the exterior appearance of theses homes, it's worth the extra effort and expense to take care of them.
Old 09-25-2020, 11:55 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

if it were public work, a call to the country purchasing dept should reveal contract terms/costs,,, i suspect streets in tv are not public but privately owned,,, if so, you're out of luck finding out anything
Old 09-25-2020, 03:54 PM

Announced or not doesn’t t seem like a very good idea unless the announcement included what you should do when it’s done to prevent these after effects
Old 09-25-2020, 06:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I finally drove on my pavers, I waited a full week keeping one car at the end of the driveway before they sprayed to keep anyone from turning around in my driveway and one car parked on the street for a week that we had to carry a separate pair of shoes to so we didn't carry the oil into the car. After a week I was happy to see that I did not track any oil onto the pavers, many if not all of my neighbors have the black tire marks on their driveways and are trying to get it off with power washers. This should never have been done to residential streets. It looks like HE--, the pavement looks greasy, the concrete on the sides of the pavement is now stained brown, the yellow and white lines on Fenney Way are now discolored, all of the brickwork at the rec. center area is now stained black and the worst part is they used little 3 or 4 inch sand bags to keep the crap from going into the drains that empty into the retention ponds and they did nothing to stop it when it did rain last week. Not a work about this was in the Daily Sun or that other news outlet. I would like to know how much we as taxpayers in Wildwood paid for this mess.
Public Works Department | Sumter County, FL - Official Website
Old 09-25-2020, 08:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadry View Post
if it were public work, a call to the country purchasing dept should reveal contract terms/costs,,, i suspect streets in tv are not public but privately owned,,, if so, you're out of luck finding out anything
The streets are public not privately owned. I found that it was Wildwood that did this not the County.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:08 AM
Sage

When I sold my homes , all with a nice profit , no one ever mentioned that the driveway needed decorating , and when people come to visit me, they may say Oh your landscaping is great or your decor is beautiful ( it is ) but they never say Oh to bad you didn’t Decorate the driveway
Old 09-27-2020, 09:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
When I sold my homes , all with a nice profit , no one ever mentioned that the driveway needed decorating , and when people come to visit me, they may say Oh your landscaping is great or your decor is beautiful ( it is ) but they never say Oh to bad you didn’t Decorate the driveway
What on earth does that have to do with the topic of this post????
Old 09-27-2020, 09:51 AM
Sage

Because someone answered me about why he does it
Old 09-27-2020, 10:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I finally drove on my pavers, I waited a full week keeping one car at the end of the driveway before they sprayed ...
At least one person was aware that the work was planned. So, I am wondering why some are saying that there was no warning.
Old 09-27-2020, 05:28 PM
Sage

Photo of the crap foaming up from the oil on the road during current rain running down the edge of the road then going into the drains and right into the retention ponds.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7480.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	86436   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7483.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	86437  
Old 09-27-2020, 06:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
At least one person was aware that the work was planned. So, I am wondering why some are saying that there was no warning.
There was no advanced notice anywhere from anyone until the day the signs popped up stating that roadwork will begin tomorrow.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:37 AM
Sage

The signs were up for over a week with a way to find out, even if they didn’t give any notice , what would you do , call the family, the mayor , throw yourself in front of the trucks
Old 09-28-2020, 09:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadry View Post
Some villas have private streets, but all the rest are public streets owned by and maintained by the county they are in.

Tags
roadways, driveways, pavers, seal, garages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.