Sealing tile?

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Veteran member
Default Sealing tile?

In a new build, has the builder done this to the ceramic tile or is this something I will do? If I have to do it is it a do-it-yourself job or do I need to hire it done?

Any other words of wisdom before I come down for closing??

Thanks for all the help!

Becky
Old 07-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Sealing tile?

I don't exactly understand your question, but at your walk-through, everything is supposed to be ready for you to move in. If not, you point out what needs to be done and you have a specified time frame to get that report back to the Villages so they can finish everything for you.

Look at EVERYTHING closely and don't worry about nit picking. The walk through is almost a run through and it is up to you to ensure that your home is ready for occupancy by making the list and getting it to the developer in the appropriate time frame.

Best of luck on your move. You will love it here!
Old 07-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Veteran member

Thank You Frangyomory! I had someone tell me that the grout needed to be sealed and that is what I wondered about.

I am sure I will love it but will not be fulltime resident yet. More of a vacation place for a couple of years. Then hopefully fulltime.

You have all been so wonderful with answering questions. Hoping soon I can answer others questions. Totally new enviornment for me!

Becky
Old 07-22-2007, 04:10 PM

Buy some grout sealer at Lowe's and brush it on or hire someone to do it. It will keep your tile grout clean and in good shape much better than just leaving it raw. The general contractor for your home should be able to ask the tile crew if it was sealed. Normally it is not.
:
Old 07-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Veteran member

Thank goodness we had friends who have lived here a while. We were able to walk through the house before final closing and our friends were able to help us point out necessary repairs or items undone. Our suggestion: if you know someone who has lived here awhile, ask them to go through the house with you. A fresh pair of eyes helps a lot. Also, write down everything you want done, and don't be shy. Keep a copy of the list and give one to your contractor. Be sure all items are done to your satisfaction. A good contractor will not be offended and you'll feel better about moving into your new home.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.