Do you travel. Where have you been? We just got back.

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2007, 09:01 AM
Founder
Default Do you travel. Where have you been? We just got back.

We just finished a 28 day European excursion. Crossed the Atlantic on the Queen Mary 2 to England, then rail to Frankfort. Drove to Poland, Slovakia then Czech Republic, Prague, and Munich. Then train to Paris and London. Back to New York on The Queen Mary 2. What a wonderful experience.

Do any of you travel? Would you like too. Where do you want to go?
Old 07-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Sage
Default Re: Do you travel. Where have you been? We just got back.

Just got back from my first visit to Europe.

My sister got married in Italy near Florence. She's 40 and has lived with Scott for over 20 years anyway. She rented a 22 room villa for all the guests in the Tuscan hills!

Italy was fantastic and my wife and i also extended the trip by staying in London for 5 days. So much to see in London that we need to go back.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Platinum member

You certainly had a wonderful trip. We love to travel. Two years ago we crossed the Atlantic on the QM2 from Southhampton to NY. What a wonderful experience. We just returned from a trip to Ireland. We visited cousins and toured the island. Then visited more cousins in Surrey, England. I'll go back any time. Barb
Tampa, FL
Old 07-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Platinum member

I worked in a travel agency for nearly 20 years. Seldom got to go anywhere as the pay was low, the agency owner was tight (with time as well as the supposedly free stuff agents get - got). So now I try to do three-four trips every year.
Cruised western Caribbean with nearly 150 other Villagers in late January.
Returned last month from two-week tour/cruise in Alaska.Wow, what a place!
Doing southern Caribbean over Thanksgiving.
Doing the Mediterranean next June.
And, probably something else in between.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:11 AM

Hi All,

I'm a Brit - living 6 months in Surrey (south of London) and 6 months in the villages - I do get the impression that europeans travel more than american citizens ..not sure if that is totally right but maybe others can set me straight if I'm a bit off the wall here ..during my lifetime I have travelled extensively (especially in the last 5-10 years ...run up to and retired)

Small list of destinations (by no means complete below - we also have at least 4 other trips planned to pastures new !!! )

Vitually all of Europe (many times !! )- Obviously england,scotland, wales, Ireland, France,Belgium,Holland, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Spain Portugal, Italy, plus italian islands scilly etc. + Cyprus

North African - Morocco, Tunisia Egypt (nile cruise ..wonderful)

South africa a month touring + game safari nera the Kruger Nat Park ...fantastic

Far east Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore Thailand

Australia (not done NZ yet ..on my list)

Lots of the USA - New england , NY , San Francisco, Napa Valley, Yosemite, Rockies, denver, San diego, LA, Phoenix, Grand Canyon et. etc. etc.

Most of the Caribean Peurto Rica, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico, St Thomas, St Maartin, Nassau etc. etc. ..too many to mention !!

A small point of interest for our American friends ..we spend day trips in France !!! I've got one coming up in three weeks time ....Drive to the tunnel from my house (1.5 hours on the left hand side of the road) load the car on the train ...thru the tunnel (35 minutes) and unload in Calais ..drive to a golf Course (1,25 hours on the right hand side of the road) ....play golf ...return to Calais ..hit the HyperMarche (big stores - many things are cheaper in France than UK --- especially wine beer etc.) do some serious shopping ....tend to spend in the region of $1000 to $1500 stocking up on a variety of low cost items ...have a well earned supper ..then back thru the tunnel and drive home again remembering to be on the left of the road again..It's a bit tricky !!!!

Have fun Y'all
Old 07-25-2007, 02:28 PM

Dont live in the villages yet but we have traveled all over Europe, Morocco, Egypt, China, India, and plan Thailand for Jan/Feb 2009. This year is all about the USA and parents. Elderhostel trips to Vermont and California and a stitching cruise to Canada.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:35 PM

We've been to Italy, Switzerland, Mexico, Spain, Portugal, and our favorite was New Zealand. Take the most beautiful places in the US and put them on an island, and you have New Zealand.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Veteran member

Just got home to Ohio from TV! But yes, love to cruise! Got back in June from Southern Caribbean. Am going in Aug. Have one booked for New Years and Alaska next July. One of the reasons I bought in TV. Close to cruise ports!

Becky

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.