seasonal ants takeover ??

Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2021, 11:57 AM
Default seasonal ants takeover ??

Hi,
I just moved into a Villa in Mallory a few weeks ago, I am not new to sugar ants in the kitchen which I treat and they leave and die. However, here, I noticed a few last week, Dean's came, gave me some bait traps and said "this is their swarm season, the queens come in thru the vents and can take over the house for two weeks then they are gone and everyone just lives with it" Really???.

Outside treatment done as well but yesterday after some new flooring was installed, last night they came out from the baseboards, ceiling and were up the walls. Needless to say, I abandoned ship and went to a hotel. I had Dean's come back to look at the carnage and its "normal here"...can anyone tell me if this is the norm here in the Villages or just in my section?

How anyone can use a kitchen filled with ants everywhere is beyond me but if this is the norm for TV then sadly, this is Not the place for me ;(
Old 06-15-2021, 01:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

I've had no ant problem at all in 13 years here, so no, that's not normal.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Maybe the problem is Deans ……
Old 06-15-2021, 01:25 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
I've had no ant problem at all in 13 years here, so no, that's not normal.
Ditto
Old 06-15-2021, 01:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Lived in our Villages home for 11 years. Never seen the first ant inside. Fire ants outside, yes. Inside ants, no.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Every year after a lot of rain we see, in our bathrooms, a very few teeny tiny ants that are so small that I have never seen the like before anywhere and we call Deans and they place little ant traps in corners, which our cats never seem to bother, and the ants are gone.

I haven't ever heard of so many ants. And no one from Deans or Masseys have ever told us fibs. They have been very helpful. I am so sorry you are deluged.

Which reminds me. I need to call them.
Old 06-15-2021, 03:35 PM
Default Ants

This was the first time we've seen this in the 17 years we've lived here. We have had the occasional bouts with the sugar ants which is no big deal, but just yesterday, we killed about 20 slightly larger ants that looked like they had wings. We found them on the floor in the areas where we had skylights and could see them on the skylight glass. Today, we have none. I'm guessing these are the queens, but it's the first time we've ever seen them.
Old 06-15-2021, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Fan View Post
This was the first time we've seen this in the 17 years we've lived here. We have had the occasional bouts with the sugar ants which is no big deal, but just yesterday, we killed about 20 slightly larger ants that looked like they had wings. We found them on the floor in the areas where we had skylights and could see them on the skylight glass. Today, we have none. I'm guessing these are the queens, but it's the first time we've ever seen them.
that is exactly what I have, but mine are coming thru the ceiling lights and all over the kitchen areas plus baseboards and they are queens. it goes quiet and then they come back, Dean's said this will go on for about 2 weeks but we are having the attic checked as a source as well . yikes
Old 06-15-2021, 03:56 PM

My mother-in-law had them for the first time yesterday also. I'm glad you cleared this up. My wife was doing all kinds of research, etc.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:04 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,549 Times in 418 Posts

Rain is driving them in.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:24 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

I had an ant invasion for the last couple of days. I killed so many I lost count. Never had it this bad before.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea3051 View Post
Hi,
I just moved into a Villa in Mallory a few weeks ago, I am not new to sugar ants in the kitchen which I treat and they leave and die. However, here, I noticed a few last week, Dean's came, gave me some bait traps and said "this is their swarm season, the queens come in thru the vents and can take over the house for two weeks then they are gone and everyone just lives with it" Really???.

Outside treatment done as well but yesterday after some new flooring was installed, last night they came out from the baseboards, ceiling and were up the walls. Needless to say, I abandoned ship and went to a hotel. I had Dean's come back to look at the carnage and its "normal here"...can anyone tell me if this is the norm here in the Villages or just in my section?

How anyone can use a kitchen filled with ants everywhere is beyond me but if this is the norm for TV then sadly, this is Not the place for me ;(
Did they come with the new flooring. Neighbors had new floors put in, and they had ants coming from the baseboards also. First time in 11 years.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Fan View Post
Ants with wings. You should catch one put it in a jar and have them identified. Might be termites.
Old 06-15-2021, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts

We are in Mallory for 8 years and have not had one ant, that I have seen, anywhere in our home. OP......So sorry to hear you had to flee out of your villa. Hope you get this rectified.
Old 06-15-2021, 06:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,010 Times in 5,317 Posts

You might want to talk to a supervisor.
Closed Thread

Tags
ants, deans, norm, weeks, kitchen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.