Second Lifestyle Visit

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Gold member
Default Second Lifestyle Visit

I called about a second LSV...I knew that because it was the second time we were coming down, we would not receive golf passes or movie tickets..not a big deal at all. What I didn't know was that on the second visit we are not allowed to stay more than 6 days. We were hoping to come for at least a week or so, maybe 9 days but I don't want to have to pack up and go to a hotel. I checked the classified on totv...there were a few possibilities but most of them were booked through April..I can wait till then if I have to but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. We would like March or April but maybe that's unreasonable. The LSV was available on April 20 for either 3 or 6 nights...just can't figure out the logic of not allowing the extra day. I know that it's important to keep open times for first timers but what difference does one day make? Oh well, didn't post this to gripe...just hoping for ideas. Thanks for any input! If you know of any places that are available in March or April for a week, please let me know.

Trish

Last edited by Trish Crocker; 02-07-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:51 AM
Platinum member

You would think that if someone returned for a second lifestyle visit they would be interested and The Villages would not only go out of their way to accommodate them but give them more stuff to wet their whistle and convince them that this is the place.

Do you have any friends/relatives in TV. We have friends coming and they will stay with us for three days and then use TLV for three days, so they can get familiar with the Villages without me dragging them to places I want to take them.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Default rent a house

Plenty of house 4 rent in the villages. try a different experience.Owners will work with you to accomaDATE YOUR NEEDS.iVE DONE IT 4 TIMES WITH VERY GOOD RESULTS... GOOD LUCK..
Old 02-07-2012, 07:09 AM

I agree with billlaur.

In fact, for our second stay we had wanted to rent a home (would've been a cyv if that was the direction we were leaning) for at least a week. We wanted to experience the neighborhood feel, see how quality of the home construction held up, drive to/from stores...all sorts of benefits result from renting a home.

A great majority of rental properties include golf cart and wireless network.

Because you are building in 466A area, you might look for rentals in the southern most neighborhoods.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:36 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default undeerstand....

Trish, we found the same issue sooo we turned to TOTV and found a wonderful person on here that we rent from...he has several relatives there so can usualy find a place if we are flexible....better value and includes better golf cart. OUr problem is that we can't move there yet so we have stayed 6 times and fall more and more in love with the place!!!! Good luck
Old 02-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
I called about a second LSV...I knew that because it was the second time we were coming down, we would not receive golf passes or movie tickets..not a big deal at all. What I didn't know was that on the second visit we are not allowed to stay more than 6 days. We were hoping to come for at least a week or so, maybe 9 days but I don't want to have to pack up and go to a hotel. I checked the classified on totv...there were a few possibilities but most of them were booked through April..I can wait till then if I have to but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. We would like March or April but maybe that's unreasonable. The LSV was available on April 20 for either 3 or 6 nights...just can't figure out the logic of not allowing the extra day. I know that it's important to keep open times for first timers but what difference does one day make? Oh well, didn't post this to gripe...just hoping for ideas. Thanks for any input! If you know of any places that are available in March or April for a week, please let me know.

Trish
Interesting.... I had 3 LSV's with all the extras. However, I was always told, each time, 6 days was the maximum stay.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

The reason for 6 days is they turn over the LSV properties every week. Most times people want Sunday to Saturday or weekend to weekend time frames. With several hundred properties in the LSV program it is impossible to keep a cleaning crew able to clean that many homes without a full day in between tenants.

For this trip I would recommend you stay a couple days in the Waterfront Inn and 6 days in the LSV homes. That way you get 8 or 9 days and pay a reasonable price. Renting a home is a great idea, but for just a week is expensive and involves contracts and security deposits etc. Save that for when you come for a month. And if you do that off season it will be reasonable. Come in June, July or August and you can find a nice home for between $1000 and $1200. I will rent you one of mine with a golf cart for a month off season at a very reasonable price.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Gold member
Default It's not always Creekside and CYVs that you get

My sister's home is in The Villages Property Mgmt program - during the season they mostly get monthly renters (might be 28 days), but usually off season they are overflow for lifestyle visits, probably the 2nd visits, but not sure. They have a designer in Largo. Sometimes even in season it is rented to Lifestyle visitors. They never know until they get the monthly statement.

They are not allowed (by Villages Prop. Mgmt) to have a golf cart on premises - they are told liab. issues (and it might be) but might also be for TV to make more money renting golf carts, although I think Property Mgmt was sold off a couple of years ago into a separate business under separate ownership.

It might be (the no golf cart rule) just because it would be a pain to maintain, instruct and deal with repairs, etc.

I agree with the advice to rent privately, or from a different mgmt co. If you are persistent (checking here, the Daily Sun classifieds, and all the other sources (thevillages4rent.com, vacationrentals.com, ****.com, etc) you will likely find a cancellation or availability at least in April. For March, most landlords probably won't take less than a monthly lease, but might be getting nervous about a last minute tenant and do it weekly.

Just be prepared to send lots of emails and make lots of phone calls unless you get lucky on TOTV. April should be easier.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
The reason for 6 days is they turn over the LSV properties every week. Most times people want Sunday to Saturday or weekend to weekend time frames. With several hundred properties in the LSV program it is impossible to keep a cleaning crew able to clean that many homes without a full day in between tenants.

For this trip I would recommend you stay a couple days in the Waterfront Inn and 6 days in the LSV homes. That way you get 8 or 9 days and pay a reasonable price. Renting a home is a great idea, but for just a week is expensive and involves contracts and security deposits etc. Save that for when you come for a month. And if you do that off season it will be reasonable. Come in June, July or August and you can find a nice home for between $1000 and $1200. I will rent you one of mine with a golf cart for a month off season at a very reasonable price.
Just keeping this for future reference...We are looking to sell this year. when we do sell, looking to go down to TV to see if we want to buy or build.Wife and I have been there on LSV, one time last may and than again for 3 days at waterfront inn. thanks
Old 02-07-2012, 09:50 AM
Gold member

We have been there for 2 LSV's and the limit has always been 6 days.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Veteran member
Default Lsv

Trish
We are doing our first LSV week of April 16. We stayed at the Waterfront Inn two years ago for three days our first visit to TV.

Any way we would be happy to give you are unused freebies if we hook up.

Perhaps at Crispers on 4/20?
Old 02-07-2012, 01:46 PM

Jan-March you won't find much to rent for less than a month. Beginning in April you can find a variety of homes to rent by the week for less than you would pay for a hotel or The Villages either. You do have security deposits but you get it back if you don't tear the place up. There are availabilities all over the place and here is one good place to look The Villages 4 Rent, Rentals in The Villages. If it doesn't come thru: the villages 4 rent . com just remove the spaces in the url. You can search by village, price, amenities, whatever. I'd love to rent you our house but it is already rented through March and we'll be using it for a couple of weeks in April. It is property # 2060 in Tamarind Grove. Good luck finding something.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:37 PM

Lifestyle is 4 - 10 days for first visit.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljetmet View Post
Trish
We are doing our first LSV week of April 16. We stayed at the Waterfront Inn two years ago for three days our first visit to TV.

Any way we would be happy to give you are unused freebies if we hook up.

Perhaps at Crispers on 4/20?
Thank you everyone for your input...knew I could count on my TOTV friends. Would be soooo cool to be at Crispers on 4/20..will let you know!
Old 02-08-2012, 12:48 AM
Gold member
Default Herv

[QUOTE=Trish Crocker;450275]Thank you everyone for your input...knew I could count on my TOTV friends. Would be soooo cool to be at Crispers on 4/20..will let you know![/QUO

When our Lifestyle 6 days ran out for our second visit we stayed at the Hampton in Leesburg.

Did us good to get out and see the surrounding neighborhoods. Leesburg is growing fast.

I know it's not " In TV" but we came in and out every day, Wasn't so bad Trish

Herv
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.