Second Villages Woodshop?

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2018, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

I've heard that they will be putting in another wood shop...right after build-out is completed.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:28 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,511 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I've heard that they will be putting in another wood shop...right after build-out is completed.

And congress will balance the budget, and Elvis is going to start a new concert tour next year.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
"way down there to way up here" Really?
Most people in TV travel by golf cart. To me, if it's not golf cart accessible I usually won't bother. Since my wife usually takes the car to work, I often have only the golf cart to get around.

People that live the new villages south of 44 are not going to be willing to travel 20 miles in a golf cart to get to a lot of activities. I know that I usually don't do anything south of 466A.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
I have to agree with that. I live in Dunedin (what used to be the south end of The Villages) and find myself not taking up things (like being in plays, trying archery, bowling etc.) that are up in the north end as it seems like too much of a drive to do regularly. I can't imagine what folks down in Fenney and the other new neighborhoods would feel like about driving from all the way down there to all the way up there. And when golf cart access does become available to them, that will be a 90-120 minute drive each way (based on the fact that it takes me nearly an hour in my golf cart to go clear up "over the bridge" to meetings for the Village Birders).

But my agreement doesn't mean that the Morse family will agree and sink in the big bucks to start duplicating wood shops, theaters, bowling alleys, etc. though I have read that they are putting in an archery range in the new area. Plus they tend to keep many of their plans very secretive until they are nearly finished, so don't count on anything until you see it published in their newspaper.
I feel exactly the same way. At first driving in a car a half hour to go to the wood shop and all the unique rec areas up north didn't matter. Four years ago I thought whatever they built in the north end would eventually be built in the south end. It didn't occur to me that when they put in a croquet court, for example, they had usage for 150 k residents in mind not 75 k. It's not a popular opinion.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:53 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
That’s like living in a different country!!
And a beautiful country it is. Build it and they will come and boy are they coming. A lot of the new stuff is talked about in this months V-Mail, most of which is already under construction. Very well planned "different country" There are people down here already up-grading into their second new home purchase. It's exciting to watch it grow.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
And a beautiful country it is. Build it and they will come and boy are they coming. A lot of the new stuff is talked about in this months V-Mail, most of which is already under construction. Very well planned "different country" There are people down here already up-grading into their second new home purchase. It's exciting to watch it grow.
Fenney is absolutely beautiful. I live in the Village of Lake Deaton, but play Gray Fox usually once a week, followed by breakfast of the Fenney Grille. All of this within a 12-15 minute drive.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
"way down there to way up here" Really?
Really. I'm paraphrasing folks I know here who talk about not going to the north end of The Villages as it strikes them as too far by car and far too far by golf cart, at least to do with any regularity.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, club, woodworking, woodworker, avid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.