Seems like a lot of homes for sale.

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2020, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

None in our Village. For several months. If one is listed, sells quickly. I can't think of a more beautiful place to spend a pandemic.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothyimitchell View Post
We are from Washington State and are in the market to buy a home in TV. Just trying to get a feel for the market before we pull the trigger. Just a question, not meant in a negative way at all. By the way, my neighbors all LOVE me.
Pull the trigger..........!
Old 07-14-2020, 09:53 AM

I think nearly all TV residents like their neighbors — much more so than anywhere else I’ve lived. I remember when I first moved here, I was pleasantly surprised how often people smile and say hello when you’re out and about.
If your new neighbors don’t throw you a driveway party to welcome you — organize your own to introduce yourself!
Old 07-14-2020, 10:48 AM
Red face Tv property

Every time you hear an ambulance, there is a home for sale. One reason

Quote:
If I counted correctly TV website has over 1200 homes and or home sites for sale. And I think they have more they don't show ? MLS has 300. Is a glut forming?
Old 07-14-2020, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbwp View Post
Every time you hear an ambulance, there is a home for sale. One reason
No that is an open tee time
Old 07-14-2020, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Pull the trigger..........!
I have a 2/2 patio villa fully furnished -turn key, in buttonwood. Close to 3 executive golf courses and fishhawk rec. center. Contact April at Freedom ReMax. Teller her Ellen told you to call.
Old 07-14-2020, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Fowler View Post
I think nearly all TV residents like their neighbors — much more so than anywhere else I’ve lived. I remember when I first moved here, I was pleasantly surprised how often people smile and say hello when you’re out and about.
If your new neighbors don’t throw you a driveway party to welcome you — organize your own to introduce yourself!
We got lots of hellos but no cookies. Still a great place to live
Old 07-14-2020, 06:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
We are from Washington State and are in the market to buy a home in TV. Just trying to get a feel for the market before we pull the trigger. Just a question, not meant in a negative way at all. By the way, my neighbors all LOVE me.
Some people say if you slip new neighbors a $ 20 bill on a regular basis you make friends easier.

in all seriousness this is a very friendly place. Just wish the virus would go away so we can go back to doing what we came here for.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:47 PM

Quote:
If I counted correctly TV website has over 1200 homes and or home sites for sale. And I think they have more they don't show ? MLS has 300. Is a glut forming?
I think they know what they are doing....they sell an average of 400 homes a month. Now it slowed down but will pick up again.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:15 AM

How many are in Sumter Cointy? With the 25% tax increase many are moving to another county. Also, beware before you buy - The Villages keep increasing prices on everything, especially golf where the % increase has priced myself and many others out of playing Championship. I'm sure the trail fees will go up next year as well. Trash pickup is going up as service goes down. Rec centers and pools being torn down, no more Katy Bells, well the list goes on and on. In the south section, the amenities are no longer being built 1st - residents are waiting over a year for them after they move in. Villages has turned their back on the north end. The younger generation cares about one thing - the almighty $$$. Their parents and grandparents must be rolling over in their graves.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:32 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnFL View Post
In the south section, the amenities are no longer being built 1st - residents are waiting over a year for them after they move in. Villages has turned their back on the north end. The younger generation cares about one thing - the almighty $$$. Their parents and grandparents must be rolling over in their graves.
I live in the "south section" and we have plenty of "amenities"

Not sure what you consider to be "amenities" but in Fenney there was a rec center with a sales center and a family pool along with a restaurant, a sports pool, shuffleboard, pickle ball, bocce courts and executive golf courses built "1st"

Then came the villages of DeSoto, McClure, Marsh Bend etc. Along with those villages came new rec centers, sports galore, dog parks, archery, radio controlled car track, walking paths and more golfing opportunities.

We waited for NO amenities since we've moved in March of 2019.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:34 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgizzi View Post
I think they know what they are doing....they sell an average of 400 homes a month. Now it slowed down but will pick up again.
This fact was from our builder.

TV is still building new homes at the rate of 267 new homes a month.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:14 AM
Veteran member

This was posted by user TOTV Real Estate Expert RE/MAX yesterday under Ask The Experts:

If you're wondering what the real estate market is like today here are some stats. Data from the MLS shows the number of active listings has gone down 11% from May 2020 and the number of SOLD listings has increased by 41%. It's a sellers market right now. There is only enough inventory to last 2-1/2 months.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
I live in the "south section" and we have plenty of "amenities"

Not sure what you consider to be "amenities" but in Fenney there was a rec center with a sales center and a family pool along with a restaurant, a sports pool, shuffleboard, pickle ball, bocce courts and executive golf courses built "1st"

Then came the villages of DeSoto, McClure, Marsh Bend etc. Along with those villages came new rec centers, sports galore, dog parks, archery, radio controlled car track, walking paths and more golfing opportunities.

We waited for NO amenities since we've moved in March of 2019.
The reason we did not move there is lack of shopping nearby and too far to go to Spanish Springs or Lake Sumter for entertainment. Only Brownwood is nearby and who knows when they build town square in Fenney.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:55 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
The reason we did not move there is lack of shopping nearby and too far to go to Spanish Springs or Lake Sumter for entertainment. Only Brownwood is nearby and who knows when they build town square in Fenney.
We're in mcclure and shopping issue wasn't much of a concern for us. We're actually closer to the publix at lake deaton plaza now than we were to the publix at the colony plaza when we lived in st james..

Also, not everyone here in TV don't go to the squares to be entertained. It's fairly simple math, 3 squares, 120,000 villagers. If so, even if they went once a month it would still be very packed. It seems that many of the same people frequent the squares while many rarely go. Something here for everybody, which makes it what it is.
Closed Thread

Tags
homes, sale, show, mls, sites

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.