Segway Personal Movers

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2007, 02:28 AM
Default Segway Personal Movers

Are there any Segways moving about TV? Can someone use a Segway, fitted with a golfbag holder, on the golf courses? These are getting very popular up here in MI.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:11 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Segway Personal Movers

One of my courses in N. Atlanta has segways fitted with bag holders for $25 for an 18 hole round. I may try one when it warms up.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:41 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

Glad you asked about the Segway gemorc. I was wondering the same thing.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:52 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

I found this on a Segway site:

The Villages Florida

Segway® Personal Transporter (PT) x2 Series Golf Package - $6179.99

The Segway Personal transporter (PT) x2 Golf is Fun, Easy, and much smaller than a standard golf car. Special low pressure tires, barely disturb the turf, and provide a smooth ride over a variety of terrain. Based upon the Segway X2, it features the new LeanSteer technology, a wireless InfoKey controller and long lasting Saphion Lithium-ion Batteries. The PT x2 Golf also comes with 2 extra attachments. A Golf bag carrier attachment that secures your golf bag to the Segway X2 Golf, and allows for easy dismount and club access while playing. It removes easily for storage and transport. It also comes with a scorecard holder that keeps your scorecard, golf balls, and tees readily accessible.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:05 AM

with all the controversy over golf cart tires and golf courses i wonder if any segway tires would meet tv's regs.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:18 AM
Platinum member

What protection would a Segway be either in the heat or a rain shower. At least with a golf cart you'd have some protection--and they're not any cheaper than a golf cart. sounds like a real niche product. I've seen quite a few Seqways at the Orlando airport which gives police mobility in tight quarters.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Veteran member

When I told my daughter I bought a golf cart, she told me I should have gotten a Segway. I love to ride them but don't think I would like to stand riding up all over the place!

Becky
Old 11-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Smile Segway In The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemorc View Post
Are there any Segways moving about TV? Can someone use a Segway, fitted with a golfbag holder, on the golf courses? These are getting very popular up here in MI.
Yes, I have a Segway - minus the golfbag holder as I am not a golfer - and I must say it's a great way to get around The Villages. A friend of mine came Monday - he has an older Segway with a range of only 12 miles...not enough for TV!! - and we rode for 17 miles - my husband met us for lunch and charged up Dan's machine - when we got back we were pooped!! But we'd had a great time. We did end up on a golf trail by mistake - an Ambassador was quick to meet up with us and direct us to the correct multi-model path. At any rate, Dan got to see the Historic side of TV which he is interested in, Town Square, Market Square, and Morse Blvd...which, by the way, is VERY long when you're standing and riding at 12 mph. We met up with a number of folks who were interested in "that thing" we were riding. Hopefully many more folks will be getting involved in the Segway way of life. See you our there!

Last edited by SegwayCR; 11-13-2008 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Morse Drive should be Morse Blvd
Old 11-21-2008, 10:00 AM

I have checked and they are legal on all of the golf courses as long as they are the turf model and that you are actually playing.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Platinum member
Default Enclosed High Performance Seggy WooHoo

http://www.freep.com/article/2009040...oncept+vehicle
Old 04-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Location: Fortuna, CA, Antioch, CA Pleasanton, CA, the Village of St. Charles.
Default Segway is THE way

We took a Segawy tour in Mt. Dora and another in Epcot at WDW. What a blast. The Mt. Dora tour was about an hour and was no problem going up, down, across wooden bridges, grass, gravel you name it we did it. Highly recommended for a tour of that nice little town. Never had one on a golf course.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Taltarzac
Default Can you just see New Yorkers with this vehicle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB View Post

I would not want to be in New York City rushhour traffic in one of these PUMAs unless every other vehicle in NYC were one of these and preferably we were all at a standstill.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:50 PM

Re: Segways on TV Golf Course. 8-16-2013. I just got a rejection. However, I don't think I framed the question correctly or that it was transmitted upline. the question may have not got to the authorizing source specifying that it was a segway configured for gulf, turf tires etc. I am build a rebuttal and will soon transmit it. John Hammack, (760) 608 9001, Hemmingway.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:57 PM

There are also places where segway polo is played. It would be cool to have that here during the polo off season.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Bag boy sells a motorized remote controlled pull cart for much less than the Segway
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.