Does Paradise Gate = Belvedere Gate?

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2013, 05:54 AM
Sage
Default Does Paradise Gate = Belvedere Gate?

"The Wall" has been removed and a card-activated gate has been proposed. For the sake of this thread, I'm going to refer to it as the Paradise Gate.

After leaving Friday's TOTV gathering at Crispers, I drove my golf cart through the construction zone at the Belvedere Gate near Parr Drive. At this gate, golf carts enter TV in a lane adjacent to the vehicular lane, a.k.a. the diamond lane. Golf carts entering this gate do not have to stop. When construction is completed, golf carts in the diamond lane will have to pass through a card-activated gate.

Sound familiar? Isn't this what is proposed for the Paradise Gate? (without the vehicular traffic, of course)

SIMILARITIES
1. The Before and After: BEFORE - every golf cart leaving the commercial area along 466 can enter TV. AFTER - only TV residents with a card can enter TV from the commercial area.

DIFFERENCES
1. At the Paradise Gate, a "Wall" wasn't erected in the middle of the night in an attempt to block ALL golf cart traffic. The project was announced in advance via TV media outlets.
2. One would assume that appropriate building permits were pulled for the Belvedere Gate.
3. Most of the commercial area along 466 was developed by TV. Very little of the commercial area along 441 was developed by TV. AND there are two large 55+ golf cart communities adjacent to the 441 commercial area.

In terms of access to/from TV, it struck me how similar these two situations are. EXCEPT that some idiot decided that "The Wall" was appropriate at Paradise Drive.

Has TV begun a process to close perceived "access holes?"

I look forward to your thoughts. Please don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited by champion6; 08-17-2013 at 06:51 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 08-17-2013, 07:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
"The Wall" has been removed and a card-activated gate has been proposed. For the sake of this thread, I'm going to refer to it as the Paradise Gate.

After leaving Friday's TOTV gathering at Crispers, I drove my golf cart through the construction zone at the Belvedere Gate near Parr Drive. At this gate, golf carts enter TV in a lane adjacent to the vehicular lane, a.k.a. the diamond lane. Golf carts entering this gate do not have to stop. When construction is completed, golf carts in the diamond lane will have to pass through a card-activated gate.

Sound familiar? Isn't this what is proposed for the Paradise Gate? (without the vehicular traffic, of course)

SIMILARITIES
1. The Before and After: BEFORE - every golf cart leaving the commercial area along 466 can enter TV. AFTER - only TV residents with a card can enter TV from the commercial area.

DIFFERENCES
1. At the Paradise Gate, a "Wall" wasn't erected in the middle of the night in an attempt to block ALL golf cart traffic. The project was announced in advance via TV media outlets.
2. One would assume that appropriate building permits were pulled for the Belvedere Gate.
3. Most of the commercial area along 466 was developed by TV. Very little of the commercial area along 441 was developed by TV. AND there are two large 55+ golf cart communities adjacent to the 441 commercial area.

In terms of access to/from TV, it struck me how similar these two situations are. EXCEPT that some idiot decided that "The Wall" was appropriate at Paradise Drive.

Has TV begun a process to close perceived "access holes?"

I look forward to your thoughts. Please don't shoot the messenger.
This is more a safety issue than anything else at the Belvedere gate. Just another variation at this gate to solve a safety issue.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:11 AM
Sage

That would seem appropriate from several perspectives. Liability, security, use by paying customers could all be motives.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

If it's like all the other gates in TV, no problem, just push the red button.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 08-17-2013, 08:36 AM
Veteran member

There is a similar situation at the North end of Belle Meade. A separate cart lane is adjacent to the road and auto gate into TV with no gate. The cart lane is pretty narrow so many times we just stay in the road. What's to keep carts entering on Belvedere from doing the same?
Old 08-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Platinum member
Default Question(s)

Anyone know how this will work? Will the gate arm be longer or will there be a separate little gate? Or what? Just curious. Does seem like a good idea for safety, though.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 08-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I just posted number 999 on the closing cartpath thread that seems to go on and on and on.

I posted that all the Berlin Protesters did was bring unwanted publicity to outsiders who take every opportunity to mock The Villages for even the most minuscule reason. Te Berlin protester could have quietly petitioned the VCCD to review this issue.

Now you are continuing this nonsense by comparing other gates. You DO NOT GO THROUGH THE BELEVERDE GATE GOLF CARTS BY PASS IT. THE VILLAGES EVENADDED AN ADDDITIONAL CURB TO PROTECT CARTS.

GEEEZZZZ
Old 08-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Considering that both Belvedere and South Meade go directly to multi-modal paths (paths on road with white line) and the gates themselves are on public property, I doubt TV would be able to really close them off. Those are maintained by the respective counties. As was said, push the button and go on through. The Paradise gate is different in that it is on private property, even though there really are no paths until you get near the bridge.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I just posted number 999 on the closing cartpath thread that seems to go on and on and on.

I posted that all the Berlin Protesters did was bring unwanted publicity to outsiders who take every opportunity to mock The Villages for even the most minuscule reason. Te Berlin protester could have quietly petitioned the VCCD to review this issue.

Now you are continuing this nonsense by comparing other gates. You DO NOT GO THROUGH THE BELEVERDE GATE GOLF CARTS BY PASS IT. THE VILLAGES EVENADDED AN ADDDITIONAL CURB TO PROTECT CARTS.

GEEEZZZZ
are your statements re the 'berlin wall protesters' bringing 'unwanted publicity' evidenced in published media or television/radio reporting? i can't seem to find any - but might not be looking in the right places for same. thanx for any direction you can provide.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Give it a rest.................................

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.