Self Quarantine, Shelter in place, Social Distancing this is the easy part...

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2020, 06:46 AM
Default Self Quarantine, Shelter in place, Social Distancing this is the easy part...

I have read many posts indicating an elevated level of anxiety under all of our current virus situation nationwide. All these temporary changes, hopefully short changes are the easy part of this ordeal. Just a thought looking forward...When the leaders that be give the all clear which has to be sooner than later if our country is to survive economically. How soon do you get back to normal? Look forward to your thoughts. Have a great day and stay safe everyone!
Old 03-22-2020, 07:07 AM

I'm wondering how they will determine "all clear". In the Army it was sounded when testing for agents produced negative results...I assume in this case it may be a marked improvement in the number of positive cases or deaths, but think it may be more complicated than that.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:13 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

Get outside and take a walk. Stay healthy until this passes.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:16 AM
Default I was in The US Navy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NECHFalcon68 View Post
I'm wondering how they will determine "all clear". In the Army it was sounded when testing for agents produced negative results...I assume in this case it may be a marked improvement in the number of positive cases or deaths, but think it may be more complicated than that.
During my time in the Navy we had the ABC drills also. You made me think of those for the first time in thirty years...
Old 03-22-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
During my time in the Navy we had the ABC drills also. You made me think of those for the first time in thirty years...
It was NBC in the Army. Instead of a pigeon they had one person break the seal of their mask after testing showed negative. Then went on from there...

I'm just wondering about what would be the trigger to allow folks to relax some of the limitations...and it needs to be right the first time.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:53 AM
Sage

Used love having to wear an air mask, for hours when Hymie's hatchett squad (Adm Rickover's inspectors) would hold one of their inspections from hell
Old 03-22-2020, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
I have read many posts indicating an elevated level of anxiety under all of our current virus situation nationwide. All these temporary changes, hopefully short changes are the easy part of this ordeal. Just a thought looking forward...When the leaders that be give the all clear which has to be sooner than later if our country is to survive economically. How soon do you get back to normal? Look forward to your thoughts. Have a great day and stay safe everyone!
Not sure what attribute of normal you are looking for. I foresee permanent changes coming. Example many employers will have a new experience with a stay at home workforce. Could result in a completely different workplace demographic and whatever plus and minuses that brings. Other permanent possibilities could be size restriction to public gatherings.

I suspect from some of your other posts being you are close to retiring that you mean a stock market recovery ? There have been four major stock market crashes in US history. None due to a pandemic. The time is how long it took for the index to return to the same high as when the index started to fall.

The four major stock market crashes
- 1929 Minus 90% Margin Buying 25 year recovery
- 1987 Minus 35% Computer Driven Stock Buying and Selling 2 year recovery
- 1999 Dot Com DJI Minus 17% Recovery 6 Mos
Nasdaq Minus 77% Recovery 15 years
- 2008 Housing Subprime Mortgages Minus 50% 4 Year recovery

Last edited by rustyp; 03-22-2020 at 12:23 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
part, forward, easy, country, safe

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.