Selfish Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
Thank goodness all of the storm debris is pretty close to being removed.
Now TOTV’rs can move on to a new area of complaint!
And I wouldn’t think of placing any bags anywhere, but on
my own property.
I like that Idea.... We shall see what's next on the Menu..
Old 10-08-2017, 11:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
It's not the selfish, it's the privileged/entitled. Probably the same people that consistently drove off to the side of the mmp, that parallels 466a, to miss a puddle that was less than 2" deep and caused deep ruts. After a couple of days of that, I finally pulled a big broken off limb into the middle of one area to stop the idiots from doing it.
Thanks for helping -- good idea.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:37 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

I know I'm going to get a lot of negative comments for this... but here goes...
We were very willing to put out waste at our house for pick up when they were picking it up.
But we put it out every day... or left it out for pick up. And then it was going to rain. So we brought it back in our garage. Multiple times. We put it out again. No clue what it was going to be picked up. And then it was going to rain. So we brought it back into the garage again.
And then we saw that people were putting their yard waste at the mailboxes. Based on the fact we had no clue when our yard waste was going to be picked up, we took it to the central area.
Go ahead, Judge me. But if I had a better indication of when the waste pick up was happening in my area I wouldn't dump it at a central location.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
I know I'm going to get a lot of negative comments for this... but here goes...
We were very willing to put out waste at our house for pick up when they were picking it up.
But we put it out every day... or left it out for pick up. And then it was going to rain. So we brought it back in our garage. Multiple times. We put it out again. No clue what it was going to be picked up. And then it was going to rain. So we brought it back into the garage again.
And then we saw that people were putting their yard waste at the mailboxes. Based on the fact we had no clue when our yard waste was going to be picked up, we took it to the central area.
Go ahead, Judge me. But if I had a better indication of when the waste pick up was happening in my area I wouldn't dump it at a central location.

We did the very same thing. No guilt, no remorse. Just a clean neighborhood and a clear message to those in charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2017, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
We did the very same thing. No guilt, no remorse. Just a clean neighborhood and a clear message to those in charge.

No clue, no idea, no consideration, no conscience, no patience and no understanding etc. Feel free to add more.

Storm Debris Removal - UPDATED 10/11/2017

The removal of storm debris by FEMA approved contractors is continuing throughout the community. There are currently 14 trucks with trailers and 6 loaders that are working throughout the community to collect storm debris. They are working 7 days per week from 7:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. The debris hauler will only visit each area one time. If yard debris is placed after the initial collection, it must meet the requirements of your normal yard waste collection. The debris hauler will not return to areas to pick up freshly cut limbs or debris that was not placed roadside when the initial collection took place. If you have additional debris that exceeds the limit that your normal yard waste provider is equipped to handle, it is your responsibility to have it removed.

In addition, please DO NOT take your vegetative debris to postal and recreation centers. For those Sumter County residents that wish to drop off debris, a temporary disposal site has been established by Sumter County on CR 528 in Sumterville. The District utilizes two separate drop-off locations where the debris is burned and does not deliver debris to the Sumterville location.

We would also like to offer a huge THANK YOU to all residents who are keeping their debris in their yard along the roadway. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding while we continue to collect debris throughout the community.

· All residential areas north of CR466 have resumed normal yard waste collection. All yard debris must meet the requirements of your normal yard waste collection.
· Debris removal along the major roadways and the recreation facilities north of CR 466 is complete.
· VCDD Nos. 9 and 10 have resumed normal yard waste collection. Should there be large amounts of debris/tree limbs/stumps, they will be left and Crowder-Gulf will remove.
· Storm debris collection is not yet complete in VCDD No. 5. Collection is still taking place in Liberty Park and Poinciana and we anticipate it will be complete by the end of this week.
· Debris removal is continuing in VCDD No. 6 and will continue through VCDD Nos. 6 – 8 and VCDD No. 12 from north to south.
· Debris removal along major roadways and recreation facilities south of CR 466 is underway.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the District Customer Service Center at (352) 753-4508.

Last edited by CWGUY; 10-11-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
What people should do and what they do is open to opinion. People expect services when they pay their taxes. If you just lay back and expect nothing, nothing will happen.

Do you seriously believe if we Villagers sit back and do nothing, the debris will never get picked up?

Quote:

What kind of message did your neighborhood send? That all of you believe the world revolves around your privileged/entitled self centered selves and that all of you are going to do damn well what you please outside the realm of what is right?
Old 10-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Do you seriously believe if we Villagers sit back and do nothing, the debris will never get picked up?

What kind of message did your neighborhood send? That all of you believe the world revolves around your privileged/entitled self centered selves and that all of you are going to do damn well what you please outside the realm of what is right?

To affect change or simply to send a message that you’re dissatisfied with the status quo the what is right is definitely questionable and always debatable.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
CWGUY has a decent attitude, a good moral compass and best of all, good common sense.

Some day I hope to shake his hand.

I agree. You have an awesome day as well !

Closed Thread

Tags
selfish, wait, hope, area, rec

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.