Selling FSBO question

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2020, 10:31 AM
Default Selling FSBO question

We are Considering a FSBO if our our house does not sell within the six months per The Villages sales agreement.
Does anyone know the consequences if a person who looked at the house during this period makes an offer to buy FSBO? Is there a time period in which the agent would still make a commission?
Our agent did not provide any names of those who looked at our house.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

You need to read the listing contract very carefully. But, I think a typical time frame is about 3 weeks after they showed the house to someone. I would ask the agent, in writing, for the names of the people who they showed the house to within the time period specified in the contract.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:04 AM
Veteran member

Six months is usually more than enough time to sell a home unless it is over-priced, in poor condition, or has an "incurable defect". Do you have reason to believe your home won't sell during the listing period? Just curious.

Also, with MLS listing contracts you could owe a commission if you sell within 3 to 6 months of the contract expiration if the buyer looked at the home during the listing period. I would be shocked if VLS wasn't similar. Make sure you check your contract.

kathy
Old 08-04-2020, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
Six months is usually more than enough time to sell a home unless it is over-priced, in poor condition, or has an "incurable defect". Do you have reason to believe your home won't sell during the listing period? Just curious.

Also, with MLS listing contracts you could owe a commission if you sell within 3 to 6 months of the contract expiration if the buyer looked at the home during the listing period. I would be shocked if VLS wasn't similar. Make sure you check your contract.

kathy
I think the agent would have to limit and clearly identify those people. Otherwise, how would you ever be able to change listing companies? You definitely need to read and adhere to the contract before converting to a FSBO.
Closed Thread

Tags
fsbo, house, looked, agent, period

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.