Selling my home; advice

Selling my home; advice

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 10:17 AM
Veteran member

FSBO....3 times...simple...put the $20,000.00 in your pocket. Get all of the information and forms from the title company you use. we just used our camera phone pictures. Title company usually has an attorney available if needed. Pre Approval letter for buyer or proof of funds to close etc...maybe a friend or acquaintance of yours can walk you through it...

Sales
Old 02-10-2019, 07:28 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Default Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaz1 View Post
I am considering selling my home (FSBO). I would like to hear from others and their experiences. I know I need photos and maybe should hire a professional photographer for this. I would need to have contract forms ready. Thanks in advance for advice in this matter
RESPONSE Hi, well we are also going to move soon. Will get an outside sales firm. they do lower the fees and they are more likely to work with you,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Outside of the villages.
Talked to a good agent at Grizzard Realty, Dan Foster, seems honest and very good. Can also put an ad in the paper with photo etc.
GOOD LUCK
Sponsored Links
Get it on MLS
Old 02-11-2019, 08:29 AM

Default Get it on MLS

Fizber.com is a great resource. You can get a six-month listing on MLS for around $500. They will get your listing on several other websites (like Zillow.com, Realtor.com, Facebook, etc.) automatically. We sold our home fairly quickly using that service. We did agree to pay a commission to a buyer's broker.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:53 AM

You and the buyer agree to general terms verbally. Then contact a Title Company and they do the paperwork. Very easy.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:28 AM

We're selling our house right now too. I agree, hire a realtor. I wouldn't try & sell it yourself because you'll just have a lot of non buyers walking through your home with no intentions of buying, just my suggestion. But then again we've had our home up for sell since the first of Dec. Right now it seems like people aren't ready to buy until their rental time is about up. Lots of homes to pick from out their so that's why I say hire a realtor. I have my pro & Con's about who to hire or to get a Village realtor or a realtor outside the bubble. Good luck!
Ohiobuckeye
Old 02-11-2019, 09:42 AM

Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaz1 View Post
Thank you for your great reply. It seems like a little to save $18000 commission of a $300k home. It seems that I need to get some signs and get ready to have open houses.
Selling it yourself might be the best way to put $18,000. in your pocket instead of a realtors. But the problem selling it yourself is you get a lot of snoopers with no intentions of buying & you better be ready to be spending a lot of time at home. I have a realtor & I'm starting to think they aren't screening some of these people very well. We live in the middle of the Villages, so we thought it would sell pretty quick, but with all the homes for sell here it's not going to be easy to sell your home unless it's priced right. Check out all the pro's & cons. We decided to go with a realtor. But then again it's been up for sell for 2 months now. Good luck!
Who do you use to spread the word?
Old 02-11-2019, 01:45 PM

Default Who do you use to spread the word?

Many people come from out of state to buy a home in TV and they like to prepare before they come visit. What service do you use on-line to display your home for sale?
Old 02-11-2019, 04:29 PM

We are planning to offer our 2 bedroom/2 bath courtyard villa for sale by owner in May 2019. We contacted a local title company who provided us with all the necessary paperwork to handle this sale on our own (it will also help that I was a licensed Florida Realtor a few years ago). I plan to have a daily open house and advertise in the FSBO section of daily paper plus list it on Zillow. If a Realtor brings a "qualified" buyer I would agree to a finders fee paid after the closing. I could be wrong, but I think the key to offering your house FSBO is not to handle any monies - let the title company deal with that as that is part of what you are paying them for.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:40 PM

Hi,
I've sold two homes by myself (FSBO). You need to do all the things a real estate agent would do (photos, detailed sell sheet, open house, some local paper ads, etc.) which will take some time and effort and a small amount of money, but that's part of doing it yourself. The first home was easy since the person who purchased it knew me. No commission paid for the sale! Our attorneys took care of all the details. The second home was a bit more difficult since real estate agents don't like to show their clients FSBO homes so they didn't drive any traffic to the open houses (when they did, they bad mouthed the home). The purchaser saw my ad and came to the open house and then insisted that their real estate agent provide a sales offer. I wound up paying a 3% commission to the selling agent and $250 for the FSBO website. Saved about $13,000. A bit of work, a bit of stress, but well worth it.
Why not?
Old 02-11-2019, 07:50 PM

Default Why not?

Try it. You have nothing to lose, and quite a bit of money to save. I've sold my house without a realtor many times when I lived up north. It's even easier in Florida because you don't need to hire a lawyer. Find a reputable title company, (PM me for my recommendation), then list it on Zillow, (owns Trulia and arguably the most popular real estate site on the web). After 3 or 4 weeks you can step it up by adding a 2 1/2%, (typical), commission to the buyers agent. If you don't have the patience you can pay a few hundred $$$ to get it listed on the MLS with an online FSBO company. If you list it on the MLS you will most likely have to pay a commission to the buyer's agent.

It's easier than you'd think. All you really have to do is answer the phone and show the house. PM me for more details and any questions.
Closed Thread

Tags
selling, advice, photographer, professional, forms