Selling my home; advice

Selling my home; advice

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 01:37 PM

I sent you a private message in reference to this. I hope you received it.

Ohiobuckeye
Old 02-13-2019, 09:07 AM

Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattishap View Post
I sent you a private message in reference to this. I hope you received it.
PATTISHAP, if you're trying to get in touch with someone call the the Villages head or Talk of the Villages. Someone wanted to get in touch with me & I got an email from the head office, giving me a contact #. No one else saw the contact #. Try that! Good Luck
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2019, 09:29 AM
Sage

Location: Smithville (Kansas City) Mo./ Megan Villas, Sanibel TV

In a hot market like TV I would recommend anyone should try the FSBO route. I have sold five homes FSBO and bought our Villages villa FSBO. I have read all the replies on this thread and I think the positive ones have covered all the bases pretty well. Contact the title company before you begin advertising and they will walk you through the process. Follow the advice of those who recommend you list the home in the event you have an extra $15K or so to spend on convenience. BTW, I'm a former Realtor.
Old 02-13-2019, 01:00 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Default Homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaz1 View Post
I am considering selling my home (FSBO). I would like to hear from others and their experiences. I know I need photos and maybe should hire a professional photographer for this. I would need to have contract forms ready. Thanks in advance for advice in this matter

We really recommend Dan Foster with Grizzard Realty.
Be careful, very careful. Good luck.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:59 PM

eweissenbach- Nice honest post. Good job!
Old 02-14-2019, 02:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
My advice would be to hire a realtor. I won't even look at FSBOs because they are almost always overpriced. A good realtor should be able to get 6 percent more than you can. Just my opinion.
This makes no sense. You first say that FSBOs are almost always overpriced, then you say a realtor can get 6% more than the overpriced FSBO price? Two totally contradictory statements.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
This makes no sense. You first say that FSBOs are almost always overpriced, then you say a realtor can get 6% more than the overpriced FSBO price? Two totally contradictory statements.
I don't see a contradiction. If you price a fsbo too high, you probably won't get your price, but you will waste a lot of people's time. I believe that a good realtor can usually get a higher price than the owner can. It is called marketing and sales. I looked at a lot of fsbos before I decided that most people have an unrealistic view of the actual value for their house, and some tend to be greedy. They also seem to think that the buyer should share the commission that they think they are saving. When, in fact, the sales commission is not something the buyer pays. It is always a charge to the seller, and it should be.
Hi selling
Old 02-14-2019, 06:34 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Default Hi selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaz1 View Post
I am considering selling my home (FSBO). I would like to hear from others and their experiences. I know I need photos and maybe should hire a professional photographer for this. I would need to have contract forms ready. Thanks in advance for advice in this matter
Response to selling.
We plan to sell in the near future. Will do by owner and yes, photos do help, so it seems. If we go to a realtor, it will be OUTSIDE, like Dan Foster at Grizzard Realty or others. Good luck.

Old 02-14-2019, 07:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
In a hot market like TV I would recommend anyone should try the FSBO route. I have sold five homes FSBO and bought our Villages villa FSBO. I have read all the replies on this thread and I think the positive ones have covered all the bases pretty well. Contact the title company before you begin advertising and they will walk you through the process. Follow the advice of those who recommend you list the home in the event you have an extra $15K or so to spend on convenience. BTW, I'm a former Realtor.
Well said.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:57 PM
Sage

Location: Smithville (Kansas City) Mo./ Megan Villas, Sanibel TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Well said.
Thank You Grace! BTW - LOVE your new profile picture!

Tags
selling, advice, photographer, professional, forms