Selling in NJ Four Seasons thinking about The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2018, 06:52 PM

Okay, thanks. I think there are a lot to choose from as far as styles and etc. It is hot here now in July and August, days have been in the 90's with humidity in the 90's
Old 08-04-2018, 07:10 PM

Okay, thank you. I appreciate it.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:11 PM

Okay, thanks
Old 08-04-2018, 07:16 PM

Thanks for the input and about the wobblys
Old 08-04-2018, 07:18 PM

Ha, I wish
Old 08-04-2018, 07:20 PM

Ha, did the Indialantic Beach thing. wants are now needs since I am exp with what will work. but yeah, defintely need to visit.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:30 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
Each to his own lifestyle. Mine is reading, computing, sewing, art,driving around, and dining out, so I do not need the "Lifestyle and Activities" style. There are many of us who are happy by ourselves with a bit of socializing thrown in.

Sorry but I do NOT agree the homes are priced correctly, not when compared to those "outside." We have been looking and looking and studying the listings and maps up and down, right and left, and back and forth.
I understand there are some very large and nice homes available at extremely low prices in some Detroit neighborhoods. For some reason homes here are often selling in a week or less.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:53 PM
Sage

One nice thing about living in our community is that you can or don’t have to participate in any activity. When people are new residents, they might be extremely busy, doing things they’ve wanted to try, joining groups, clubs, meeting new friends. After a while, the whirlwind socializing and activity level slows and one becomes more selective in just what they wish to do or not do. In addition to clubs, many here volunteer....at the hospital, at schools, etc. Summers can be long and warm, but air conditioning keeps your home and rec. centers, shops, movie theaters...comfortable. We adjust to the enviroment...just as those who live in cooler climes do in winter. There are many homes with landscaping that may suit you...all villages are nice, you just have to decide if you want to be close to a rec center, businesses, doctors’ offices. Actually, individual villages are pretty quiet, day and night...and coming home is relaxing...well, most of the time. New homeowners might decide to change or upgrade a few things and peace might be disturbed for just a bit. The community is large, but feels like a small town in each village. We’ve been here 12 years and even though the community has expanded and expanded, it still feels just as comfortable as it did when we first moved in.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:11 PM

There are VA Hospitals in Orlando, Gainesville, Tampa, St Pete, Bay Pines. As well as other cities in Florida. There is an outpatient clinic in The Villages.

One thing to consider is the size of the garages available and any vehicles youmay bring with you.

Last edited by Joeg180; 08-04-2018 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
One nice thing about living in our community is that you can or don’t have to participate in any activity. When people are new residents, they might be extremely busy, doing things they’ve wanted to try, joining groups, clubs, meeting new friends. After a while, the whirlwind socializing and activity level slows and one becomes more selective in just what they wish to do or not do. In addition to clubs, many here volunteer....at the hospital, at schools, etc. Summers can be long and warm, but air conditioning keeps your home and rec. centers, shops, movie theaters...comfortable. We adjust to the enviroment...just as those who live in cooler climes do in winter. There are many homes with landscaping that may suit you...all villages are nice, you just have to decide if you want to be close to a rec center, businesses, doctors’ offices. Actually, individual villages are pretty quiet, day and night...and coming home is relaxing...well, most of the time. New homeowners might decide to change or upgrade a few things and peace might be disturbed for just a bit. The community is large, but feels like a small town in each village. We’ve been here 12 years and even though the community has expanded and expanded, it still feels just as comfortable as it did when we first moved in.
Great post!
Old 08-05-2018, 07:46 AM

Come and visit in October.....my home is available for the month $1200.....
We are right on the Chula Vista Golf Course and it will give you a feel for the great location...a short golf cart ride to Spanish Springs Village Square. Publix, Winn Dixie, Walmart, Lowes, Aldi's and Bealls...just to name a few all accessible by golf cart.
You can view the property and get more details at villagershomes4rent.com.

It's property # 5160

Feel free to call or text Jean 585 694 3279
Old 08-05-2018, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
Each to his own lifestyle. Mine is reading, computing, sewing, art,driving around, and dining out, so I do not need the "Lifestyle and Activities" style. There are many of us who are happy by ourselves with a bit of socializing thrown in.

Sorry but I do NOT agree the homes are priced correctly, not when compared to those "outside." We have been looking and looking and studying the listings and maps up and down, right and left, and back and forth.
Take a 90 minute drive to this Heritage Pines.

Heritage Pines Country Club - Hudson, FL - Home

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...06_rect/14_zm/
Old 08-05-2018, 09:51 AM

There is no substitute for 'boots on the ground'.

Plenty of fun videos on Youtube to watch until you're here.

But all the words and pictures in the world don't do this place justice.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I looked on thevillages.com site and found this one;

I like this village of Bonita a lot. (between the sixes)

This is a lovely home with hardwood floors and a decent size. About 1700 sq. fit.

NO. It isn't mine and I don't know who it belongs to. Just went looking;

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale
Old 08-05-2018, 11:55 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Just offering my 2 cents.......

When purchasing, don't forget to consider whether your neighbors are year-round or snowbird residents. A street can be pretty lonely if/when neighbors fly back to their northern nests!

Also - avoiding any distractions from neighbors can be difficult to ascertain when just renting for a limited amount of time since all such behavior may not be demonstrated during that visit.

While I am not a fan of live oak trees, it is well to remember that tall trees are Mother Nature's way of providing cooling shade over one's home; thus reducing the strain on air conditioners.

Closed Thread

Tags
people, trees, riding, great, close

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.