Selling on side of multimodule path.

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2022, 06:34 AM
Default Selling on side of multimodule path.

I see children selling golf balls on side of multimodule path in area of Magnolia Plaza, they seem to show up every year. Can anyone sell along the path?
Old 11-29-2022, 07:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1 View Post
I see children selling golf balls on side of multimodule path in area of Magnolia Plaza, they seem to show up every year. Can anyone sell along the path?
No. Not anyone. You must be under the age of 16 and can only sell golf balls.
Old 11-29-2022, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
No kool-aid stand?
Old 11-29-2022, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

What do they charge?
Old 11-29-2022, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Guy View Post
No kool-aid stand?
They got caught spiking the Kool-Aid last year....
Old 11-29-2022, 09:15 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,757 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Hopefully the will allow lemonade to the "allowable" sales for children. Finding and selling the balls, or the lemonade, sets up good life habits, shows motivation (something we are dearly lacking these days), determination, dedication, and gives me hope for the future. If I could lead the decisions, I would bring back junior achievement in every public and private school in the USA. Teaches more than parents or teachers alone could ever teach, and JA gives ACTUAL experience, not just classroom "words". While we're at it, why not make science fair participation mandatory again, developing and carrying out a project is far more than "science", gives real life experience in organization, time management, oral and written communication, practice in actually going through the steps of the scientific method, etc. etc.

Last edited by Pairadocs; 11-29-2022 at 09:21 PM. Reason: delete word
Old 11-30-2022, 10:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Hopefully the will allow lemonade to the "allowable" sales for children. Finding and selling the balls, or the lemonade, sets up good life habits, shows motivation (something we are dearly lacking these days), determination, dedication, and gives me hope for the future. If I could lead the decisions, I would bring back junior achievement in every public and private school in the USA. Teaches more than parents or teachers alone could ever teach, and JA gives ACTUAL experience, not just classroom "words". While we're at it, why not make science fair participation mandatory again, developing and carrying out a project is far more than "science", gives real life experience in organization, time management, oral and written communication, practice in actually going through the steps of the scientific method, etc. etc.
Fully agree, however today's curricula are generally dumbed-down to the lowest classroom IQ, therefore social promotion and free passes for everybody is the norm!
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Old 11-30-2022, 11:46 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post

About 44% of the country doesn't believe in science. Thoughts and prayers.
Old 11-30-2022, 12:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Were they set up in one of the modules on the multi-module path? If so, they're fine. Just as long as they sell along a multi-modal path

BTW, how many modules are there on a multi-module path?????
Old 11-30-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
Needs to be like 99% don't believe in fiction. - in god we trust (crazy !! )
Old 11-30-2022, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,246 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-US View Post
Needs to be like 99% don't believe in fiction. - in god we trust (crazy !! )
Aaaand we're off!

-Tom Petty
Old 11-30-2022, 05:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Good for them, I can think of lots of worse ways for them to spend their free time. Nothing wrong with the youth showing some entrepreneurial drive.
Old 12-02-2022, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Good for them, I can think of lots of worse ways for them to spend their free time. Nothing wrong with the youth showing some entrepreneurial drive.
Can't help it. Laws-HUH. Entrepreneur? They should set up a franchise and establish older folks as franchisees
Old 12-02-2022, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Homeowners are not allowed to sell anything out of their own homes, but someone else's kids - who don't live IN the Villages at all, are allowed to sell stuff on the multi-modal paths? Presumably without permits or registration as a business, so they're not charging or paying sales tax...

I mean - the whole bake sale/golf ball sale idea is awesome. I love it. But they should be doing that outside the supermarket, not on the multi-modal path. If /I/ am not allowed to do it, then kids who don't live here shouldn't be allowed to do it either.
Old 12-02-2022, 01:46 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default So this is what passes for sarcasm....

Quote:
and yet an emoji(perhaps eye roll)would have been nice.
Closed Thread

Tags
path, selling, side, multimodule, sell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.