Seniors vs Crimes in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 12-22-2017, 07:00 PM
Default Seniors vs Crimes in the Villages

Has anyone had real results from Seniors vs Crimes? Not sure where to start, but we’ve got big trouble with Colony Tire Choice. What should have been a simple oil change has turned in to a nightmare. I honestly didn’t think to read up on that place prior to this “basic” request. BIG MISTAKE!

Help.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:03 PM
Sage

What did they do? They had tried to scam a woman out of close to$1500.00 a few years ago.The chain is known as own of the biggest rip-off's in Fl
Old 12-22-2017, 07:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,118 Times in 2,237 Posts

First sorry for your trouble. Second, if you paid with a credit card, call credit card company immediately and dispute the charge. I had contacted Seniors vs crime once before to check out 3 contractors before hiring, so I do not have experience after the fact. File a complaint with the BBB.
Hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:27 PM

We were helped by Seniors vs Crime a few years ago. We bought Two matching chairs at a Furniture Store in Leesburg (Now it's Family Furniture). Of course we had to give them a down payment . After waiting the 6 weeks (they promised delivery at that time) I started calling the store, but they never returned the call. We finally went to the store and asked for our money back. After an hour of rather heated conversations with the manager, he said if we would come back the next day he would have a check for us. He SAID the person who writes the checks had left for the day. When we went back the next day there was an OUT OF BUSINESS sign on the door.

We called Seniors vs Crime and the man we spoke to was most helpful. First call your credit card company. Then he pointed us to the person who would handle the closing of the store, leaving buyers high and dry. We did get our money back thanks to his help!
Old 12-22-2017, 07:32 PM

They drained the transmission fluid instead of the oil. Then they added oil to the still full oil pan. My son then took the car and drove it all the way to Pennsylvania. You can probably guess where I’m going with this story.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsBurgers View Post
They drained the transmission fluid instead of the oil. Then they added oil to the still full oil pan. My son then took the car and drove it all the way to Pennsylvania. You can probably guess where I’m going with this story.
He was able to drive a car all the way to PA with no transmission fluid?
Old 12-23-2017, 05:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Thumbs up

Seniors vs. Crime looks like a very worthwhile resource.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:57 AM

Dangerously low, but yes. No Light on the instrument panel to indicate trouble. Until it broke down completely and he had it taken to the dealer. They were stunned.

Choice Tire won’t admit any wrongdoing. The dealer in Pennsylvania has even spoken with them. It has escalated pretty quickly. It’s time for action.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Angry

Quote:
Dangerously low, but yes. No Light on the instrument panel to indicate trouble. Until it broke down completely and he had it taken to the dealer. They were stunned.

Choice Tire won’t admit any wrongdoing. The dealer in Pennsylvania has even spoken with them. It has escalated pretty quickly. It’s time for action.
I had an experience like that with a gas station in Salt Lake City after they put the tie rod on backwards. I actually made it that way to Denver but the front tires were shot and the mechanic told me I was lucky to be alive. I limped into a garage just outside of Denver on my way to start my Masters program at the University of Denver.

My Dad went on the warpath refusing to pay the Shell card it was on. For the work by the Salt Lake City garage which eventually closed due to my father and I guess others working their way up the corporate chain with complaints about this practice . This was in 1983.

The garage in Salt Lake City had used fear tactics stopping me when I came into get gas and their employee telling me my alignment was bad. They made it bad after that by putting the tire rod on backwards and ruining the two front tires.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 12-27-2017 at 07:53 AM.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:38 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Seniors vs Crime seems to actually have little real bite. If the store/contractor refuses to give any satisfaction, it seems they have no authority to do anything but advise what to do next. However, it is a starting point. Also, consider contacting a local television station consumer advocate. This is another source that can be quite helpful.

Good luck. Hope you get some satisfaction. That type of incompetence is inexcusable.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-23-2017, 08:56 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
This is really a case of total incompetence. I hope you get fully compensated for this.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:16 AM

I called them regarding Ken Spano Golf Cart Repair for charging me for repair/parts that I found out later they never performed. They said Spano would not return their calls and they had several other complaints against Spano but there was nothing further they could do...
Old 12-23-2017, 11:39 AM
Sage

Honestly ,call the state office which licenses their operation and make a complaint--every facility in Fl has to have a license they must delicensed by the Fl Dept of Agriculture % Consumer Affairs-Adam Putnam is running for office--act fast
Old 12-23-2017, 12:49 PM

had great luck with them. Got a positive reaction from 48 hr blinds next day after they called them
Old 12-23-2017, 01:48 PM
Veteran member

They helped with issues I had with Comcast they called a VP and I got results
Closed Thread

Tags
big, seniors, crimes, honestly, didn’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.