separate fennny???

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2017, 03:29 PM
Veteran member
Default separate fennny???

should fenny and all other new down south villages be separate from main villages, let them start a villages 2, no bridges or cart path to connect to main villages , and no shared services like rec centers and golf courses. is that a bad thing or good ?? what do you think ??
Old 11-14-2017, 03:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
should fenny and all other new down south villages be separate from main villages, let them start a villages 2, no bridges or cart path to connect to main villages , and no shared services like rec centers and golf courses. is that a bad thing or good ?? what do you think ??

If they don’t get approval for all the bridges they de facto will be The Villages II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2017, 03:41 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
If they don’t get approval for all the bridges they de facto will be The Villages II.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The OP'S idea would be OK except no cart ride to have the Onion Rings at the Fenney Grill? That just wouldn't be fair! It must be connected or there would be a whole lot of broken promises to the people who live there and those already under contract to live there.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
The OP'S idea would be OK except no cart ride to have the Onion Rings at the Fenney Grill? That just wouldn't be fair! It must be connected or there would be a whole lot of broken promises to the people who live there and those already under contract to live there.

Morse has always supplied the infrastructure, Rec Centers and amenities prior to selling their first house. This hasn’t happened this time. I would be a wary buyer if I were interested in Fenny. Especially when certain parts are subject to state approval. [emoji47]

Old 11-14-2017, 04:21 PM
Veteran member

I heard from a high placed source, that Fenney and the other new lands were not owned by the Morse heirs. This means a whole different ball game from The Villages.

I vote to keep them separate. Let them have their own amenities, town square(?) and different gate card code. Then they can pursue their own destiny.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:22 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

I have to agree with Nucky that statements by the Developer have been made that Fenney is clearly part of The Villages. There is no reason to believe that the bridges and tunnels will not be built as outlined in the plan. Brownwood needs the additional residential development and the residents already south of State Route 44 need golf cart access to Brownwood.

Last edited by justjim; 11-14-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

That would be the same as people in Detroit can’t go to Birmingham. So Villages proper would not be able to invade Fenny domain. Little unrealistic.

Beside we have been down to red and grey fox 4 times, the pool twice, the walking path twice, and going to the putting greens Friday. It’s a nice change.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:35 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Smile

Quote:
Try the onion rings at Tierra Del Sol. Excellent. Both locations managed by same people.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:37 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Another very, very intersting post about Fenney.

I just love hearing about Fenney all the time.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I wonder how residents of the historic villages felt about crossing 441 and growing South?

I wonder how the residents between 441 and 466 felt about crossing 466 and growing south? Ditto for historic residents.

And then there are the residents between 466 and 466A and how they felt about crossing 466A and growing south? Ditto the above two.......

Some how it all worked the way it was planned. The developer delivered on everything the promised to do and maintain.

One could get the impression there are a lot of folks with a lot of time on their schedule. Rather than wishful guessing...try going outside and measuring some passing clouds. The results have a better chance of being more accurate than some of the unfounded comments and wishful thinking..

In my humble opinion.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Wait! Onion rings? Better than Cane Garden??

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I think that’s a terrible thing and why would you want that? I’m surprised at how many mean people there are in The Friendliest Home Town! Shame on you...
Old 11-14-2017, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Try the onion rings at Tierra Del Sol. Excellent. Both locations managed by same people.
You saved me a long but beautiful ride for Onion Rings. Trying to understand why they would stop building is not on my screen. It is what they do. Think about it this way, who are we to tell them what to do with their fortune? Even though our posters are from Captains of Industry to various jobs down the line many people would consider the success they have already achieved as enough of a Pot O' Gold. The "Morris". Lol. Morse family is unstoppable and are winners and as no one here has their kind of money so no one is qualified to challenge them because no one can come close to the state of mind they must be in to continue when they could be sitting under a coconut tree ordering drinks all day.

Many people once settled here want the progress to stop. In my opinion it can't stop it won't stop and it shouldn't stop. Build on. Villages I, Villages II??? Whose name is on the paperwork and who laid out the funds for the expansion?? We many have a concern but everyone needs something to worry about. If this is your worry you're lucky.

Happiness and good health to all the New Villagers wherever the are.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:23 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
I don’t believe that the Florida legislators never envisioned a city the size of the Villages when they created the concept of CDDs to help local developers. I believe we are approaching a size that will require changes in governance and what the city can and can’t do. Not for us to decide as it will require changes made by the State of Florida legislators to CDD rules and regulations.

We are unique as no one else comes close to our current or projected size. A few adjustments have been made. Will our future size demand more changes?
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, main, separate, centers, rec

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.