separate fennny???

Closed Thread
Old 11-18-2017, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Here is something I never understood. Maybe someone can explain it.

Why is being happy and satisfied with the community that we chose to live in considered bad? Why do some feel the need to categorize others as 'pro-developer', 'cool-aid drinkers', etc? Is thinking that the developer did a great job really incorrect, as some seem to think it is? Can't a person enjoy living here without having an opinion of the Morse family?
I so agree. I don't KNOW the Morse family and they don't allow us to know them very well. I know them only by their works.

I think it is good business, and probably good mental health for the Morse family to stay OUT of the spotlight. It is wise to not advertise you want to do this or that when land is part of the equation. Suddenly that land becomes out of sight financially.

HOWEVER, she rants, I know enough about life in general, about business, and know that the things we get in return for our investment here of money is more than fair.

If I were the person behind the screen, I would stay behind the screen. It is O.K. to run a for profit business. That is what this country's financial well being is built on.

If the builder stopped. Another builder would begin, or a dozen. And we would have growth. Uncontrolled growth in a way that most would NOT like.

Florida has become the third most populous State in the Union and will continue to grow as ten thousand Boomers a day retire for the next 12 years.

Baby Boomers Retire | Pew Research Center

Last edited by graciegirl; 11-18-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:16 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

That's a lot of Boomers Gracie. I doubt that I'll be around for 19 years to meet them all.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
...Many subscribers on TOTV are pro-developer while the majority of subscribers on the OTHER PUBLICATION are pro-choice
And the vast majority of Villagers are neither, simply living and enjoying their life here.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I so agree. I don't KNOW the Morse family and they don't allow us to know them very well. I know them only by their works.

I think it is good business, and probably good mental health for the Morse family to stay OUT of the spotlight. It is wise to not advertise you want to do this or that when land is part of the equation. Suddenly that land becomes out of sight financially.

HOWEVER, she rants, I know enough about life in general, about business, and know that the things we get in return for our investment here of money is more than fair.

If I were the person behind the screen, I would stay behind the screen. It is O.K. to run a for profit business. That is what this country's financial well being is built on.

If the builder stopped. Another builder would begin, or a dozen. And we would have growth. Uncontrolled growth in a way that most would NOT like.

Florida has become the third most populous State in the Union and will continue to grow as ten thousand Boomers a day retire for the next 19 years.
Well said Gracie.

I have been involved and, on many other occasions observed community governing bodies once turned over to the "Inmates" Often an ugly scene. Kind of like turning over a country to a group that has no knowledge or experience in governing.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by circletrack View Post
You need to actually look into this over 55 change you keep bringing up because you’re completely wrong. Pick up a phone, you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

And again on the infrastructure argument, you have yet to explain why you think all of a sudden, they will just only build houses this time and not add golf, retail, restaurants, and upgrade roads. WHEN HAS THIS HAPPENED SO FAR? Why would they mess with a system that’s made them millions. You just keep repeating this as if it’s fact.

You are correct, a lot of people fall on the extremes here when it come to the developers. I try to stay informed, talk with government officials, go right to the source. I really, really hope people don’t rely on the comment section of the online news to get their information.

And when it’s found out that all the outrage was over false information, people just move on to the next thing to get up in arms over.
Great response to a person who seems to resist change and does not make those of us who are new or are moving to TV feel welcome.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 11-18-2017, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
That's a lot of Boomers Gracie. I doubt that I'll be around for 19 years to meet them all.
It is a lot. I should have given my source; Pew Research.

Here it is;

Baby Boomers Retire | Pew Research Center

AND I was wrong. The study was dated in 2010 So we only 12 more years of ten thousand a day Boomers retiring.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGuy View Post
Great response to a person who seems to resist change and does not make those of us who are new or are moving to TV feel welcome.
You are Welcome! Pay no attention to him.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:40 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
You are Welcome! Pay no attention to him.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, main, separate, centers, rec

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.