Serious Question About Handicap Parking Permit

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I appreciate the personal information and background you have provided about your particular situation. However, there are many other people who use handicap placards fraudulently because they want to be able to park anywhere they want and don't care that they are breaking the law and abusing the system. Many states recognize this widespread abuse and are cracking down on violators. Florida has a DMV office to investigate and prosecute violators. Are you suggesting that citizens should just ignore law breakers and let anyone use handicap placards for any reason with no accountability? Really?
Of course I oppose frauds and cheats. But my point is simple. One cannot just look at a parker and determine their "rights" based on outward appearances. Like I said clearly: If you saw me park and walk away, you might be suspicious. But I also said clearly that I would trade my Florida Handicap Parking Placard with anyone who will give me their brain and nervous system that hasn't been permanently damaged by a stroke. I'd park further away but my life would return to normal again!
Old 07-08-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Agreed.

IMO I really don't care who parks in handicapped spots, they are off limits to me. Don't usually give it second thought till I see the guy with the new corvette (I only mentioned vette cause they are low to the ground and like crawling out of go cart) park and pop out and briskly walk into the store. (IMO Probably his wife has the sticker and he thinks he can park there without the handicapped person in the vehicle?) Heck I can't pop out of vette. Those types are the few bad apples that take parking spot from people that have limbs missing or verily able to walk from medical problem. So if the shoe fits don't worry about it, it it don't then do the right thing leave the spot for truely disabled person than needs its.

I agree, if you can run after softball, throw from the out field, swing bat and run to first base IMO i don't think it bother them from walking in parking lot.
Oh yeah, I'll add right here that I had to sell my 2002 C5 Electron Blue Corvette. I could no longer get in or get out with the Jaws of Life.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:08 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
You can fill out a complaint form and send it to the Florida DMV.

Parking Permit Abuse
...and send copy to the manager of the store. That always does the trick.
Closed Thread

Tags
parking, handicap, spot, question, system

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.