Sewage Treatment Plant

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Default Sewage Treatment Plant

We are looking to purchase a home south of the Kenya golf course south of the sewage treatment plant at the intersection of Buena Vista and Bonita. Today there was a slight odor from the plant in the area east of the plant. Is this an ongoing issue with the plant or something unique? Does it affect the area south of Bonita Blvd and just east of Buena Vista?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister
Default Recaptured water treatment plant

I may be wrong, but would bet the farm that it is not a sewage treatment plan but one of the many recaptured water treatment plants that you will find all over TV, especially at golf courses. If you detected an odor, I would be curious to know its origin....to my knowledge, none of the treatment plants emminate...imminate...put out odors....at least non objectionable.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Platinum member

I hate to give you a short answer, but it depends on the wind. Yes it lasts all year. Not as bed when the snowbirds go north
Old 02-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
I hate to give you a short answer, but it depends on the wind. Yes it lasts all year. Not as bed when the snowbirds go north
Old 02-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Gold member

I had a tour of the plant and it definitely is a full-fledged sewage treatment plant. We stood right above the tanks (not a pretty sight), and there was a bit of an odor but not as bad as one might expect for being so up-close and personal. When I bicycle in the area I occasionally smell it as well - nothing strong, but just a hint of an odor. One thing to note is that this plant (which is one of several around TV) is going to be expanded to treat all of the sewage for the final sections south of 466A.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Default Its in the air!

After having a Lifestyle program stay in a villa in the village of Liberty Park. I made a decision to check any area we would buy in for the location of a treatment plant. We had a strong odor from the plant from the other side of Buena Vista. It wasn't everyday, but often enough to want me to buy elsewhere.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Default Sewage Treatment Plant

Thank you all for taking the time to comment. One of the things we like about The Villages is the very helpful people we've met. It is a special place.

If anyone else has a comment about the Buena Vista/Bonita Blvd treatment plant, please add your thoughts.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whamrick View Post
Thank you all for taking the time to comment. One of the things we like about The Villages is the very helpful people we've met. It is a special place.

If anyone else has a comment about the Buena Vista/Bonita Blvd treatment plant, please add your thoughts.

It smells. I know others say that when they go by this plant and the one near Alahmbra that they say they dont smell anything. Anytime the wife and I go by either one in the cart or the car with open windows we look at each other and go heuuuuuu.

jeffy
Old 02-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
What do the snowbirds have to do with it??? Why would the odor be worse when the snowbirds are here??? Just wondering.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whamrick View Post

We live in the Villas off the Kenya Golf course looking out over the course to Bonita Blve. Been here 2 1/2 years for the winter and fall seasons and never noticed an odor although when I drive on Buena Vista there is sometimes an odor.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
What do the snowbirds have to do with it??? Why would the odor be worse when the snowbirds are here??? Just wondering.
Think about it.........Ok time's up.

It's a sewerage treatment facility. Sewerage comes from, well you know where it comes from. More people in TV equals more sewerage. At least that would be my interpretation.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Veteran member

Quantity not quality.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.