Sex offenders in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2020, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedquick View Post
Here’s a thought: regardless of how many former offenders may be on any list and where they may live from you, how many have replicated any of those abuses here in The Villages? I’ve lived here for six years and have not heard of any. Am I missing reports of such or are there other things that we can think about other than who might be living next door?
I agree and thank you. My initial reaction to the OP was, “Um, so what?” Just more fear mongering. I suggest that some people need some nice jigsaw puzzles or something to concentrate on.

Last edited by CarolSells; 05-20-2020 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Snarky remark
Old 05-20-2020, 09:01 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts
Default The list

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
The only safe places are near schools, but check out their history and r3asons first . most of not all are minor offenses like dating a under age person , going back 40 years . p.s. 1 out of 100 here have arrest records! Statistically!
These lists sound like a good idea but if only 1 out of 100 have been arrested for “something sexual” how much use are they in the first place. Just saying...
Old 05-20-2020, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

20 years living in different parts of villages and I’ve managed to live a very good life without looking at a sex offender list . I would be more concerned if they weren’t taking care of there lawn
Old 05-20-2020, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

No difference in The Villages than most other places in the U.S.A. as far as predators.

I am a life long Yankee Fan but have made so many friends in The Villages who are Red Sox Fans so instead of fighting the fight I gave in and started rooting for the Sox to.

After Big Papi's speech on 4/20/2013, how could you not love The Red Sox? He took the confrontational part of the Yankees vs. Red Sox's out of the equation for me.

Unfortunately my friends in N.Y. & N.J. don't see it the same way.

I knew who was who and where they lived before I bought. There are several around. From what I understand they can't be rehabilitated fully. Neither can a drunk or junkie.

They live their life a day at a time. I don't live my life worried about what someone else may do. I'm just ready to handle any relapse they may have.

During my work life, I hired many Drunk's & Junkies who were in recovery and they were mostly grateful and great employees. So were the felons. All knew there was no room for error and being on time and being truthful and honest with us was important. As far as I know, through background checks, no predators ever presented themselves for employment so as a team we had no experience with that and I'd rather not comment on how I would have handled that situation if it did.

These Men & Women were not Florist's. The job was rough, bitter cold, hotter than hell, and a living wage and medical benefits for all. They mostly appreciated the opportunity but on occasion, they would run like hell when they saw The Drug & Alcohol Wagon pull on the property. It was always sad to lose one of them. They were mainly good people with a problem they had a hard time concerning.

I would buy a house around any of these people or any prison cause whether you like it or not these people are around you this minute anyway.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:31 AM

True story.. one of my best friends was leaving a party at 3 am in his boat on the largest lake in the Midwest and peed off the side before he took off in the pitch dark with no one on the lake in sight not knowing the Water Patrol was passing in front looking for illegal fishing. Using night vision they saw him and gave him a summons for urinating in public..(he thinks they were disappointed he hadn't been drinking or fishing) When the court date arrived he didn't want to drive the 150 miles so he called to ask where and how much to send the fine. He was told that would constitute a guilty plea and he would have to register as a sex offender so needless to say he made the drive in 2 hours, hired a Courtroom Attorney and plead it down to trespassing (1200 bucks).. Insane if you ask me but very true..My sister in the late 60's was pregnant at 16 and married at 17, (husband 3 years older) my mom pregnant at 17 married at 17 (married 60 years to my dad) and an ex (mid 80's) engaged at 17 to a guy 5 years older and married at 18.. Shoot by today standards I could have had 3 registered sex offenders in my family alone..Yikes! I think child/predators/sexual abusers are the scum of the earth but we need to be careful about painting an entire category with such a large brush.. There's always a back story we just need to find what it is first..
Old 05-20-2020, 10:46 AM
Default I said I was sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Not only the Sex Offenders here but a number of undesirables live here as well.

Individuals who come across as honest, friendly, etc. But are the complete total opposite.

Plenty of sites to look up individuals, best advice do your homework.
Just because I passed a little gas as I walked pass your house shouldn't make me that undesirable. I did say I was sorry.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilorilori View Post
and how many Drug Dealers ? Felons ? Prostitutes ? Drunks ?
Not to mention the lions, tigers and bears, oh my.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:50 PM

I once was able to cancel a contract on a villa because there were 2 sex offenders 2 doors down on each side. The contract hadn't been signed so I got my deposit back. I have no idea why I looked but something told me to and when I did - bingo - there they were! I checked the names on the villas to be sure and it was the listed names. bye bye!
Old 05-20-2020, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Not only the Sex Offenders here but a number of undesirables live here as well.

Individuals who come across as honest, friendly, etc. But are the complete total opposite.

Plenty of sites to look up individuals, best advice do your homework.
Aren't there undesirables living everywhere? We have no idea and need to just trust (unless otherwise warned) that most are good, honest, friendly folks. Right?
Old 05-20-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpyo View Post
Just because I passed a little gas as I walked pass your house shouldn't make me that undesirable. I did say I was sorry.
Ummmmm…..it was a LOT of GAS!
Old 05-21-2020, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

S ex offenders 2 doors down on each side of potential rental and were the 3 bears living across the street waiting for Goldy locks
Old 05-21-2020, 10:43 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Even worse than that is living near a yankees fan.
Hey!
Old 05-21-2020, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Just think of how many that aren't on the list...that should be.

Everything from 'date rape,' to actual rape, to sexual assault/abuse...where the victim chose to never report (+-70% depending on the source).

Just the fact that there were laws that said a man could never rape his wife...is revolting to the core.

There's a good reason the #MeToo movement...came into existence so quickly.

And yeah, I know that there are plenty of cases where the women are lying, but that is dwarfed by the cases where women still won't go through a male dominated deck stacked against them...by speaking up even now.
Closed Thread

Tags
sex, website, check, scary, kinda

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.