Sex in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Sex in the Villages

Why didn't I know this before I bought ?? I would have moved sooner LOL :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Old 08-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Eternal Member

Shortly after I moved here, friends took me to Katie Bell's for lunch and shortly thereafter, I went with a male friend for dinner there. Having been single since 1981, I am very familiar with the singles scenes. Both times, it took only about 10 minutes to realize it is a pick up joint and I haven't been back. However, I have been told by several people that many of the people who prowl there do not live within The Villages.

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshunluva
I thought Katie Belle's was a place for RESIDENTS ONLY. I also thought it might be a nice place to go with MY HUSBAND, but if this is the type of actions that go on, forget it.
I did not see much hanky panky going on at Katie Belle's or the Cattle Baron the times I have been there. Kind of hard for 3, 6, 10, 12, 14, or 16 year old visitors to get in that kind of game described by some bloggers. Visitors of residents can be of all ages at Katie Belles as well as at the Cattle Baron. I suppose if you are an eligible single there, it is a different story.

Speaking of sex in the Villages, The Boytnon Beach Club http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439478/ is coming back to the Villages--- at the Old Mill Playhouse http://movie-times.movies.go.com/mov...theaterId=9182 starting tomorrow, August 31, 2007.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

OK count me in, of course I'll have to clear it with the wife first.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Veteran member

TALTORZAC:
Would you reccomend either of these movies ? Boyton Beach or the other one ? :dontknow:
Old 08-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUREK
TALTORZAC:
Would you reccomend either of these movies ? Boyton Beach or the other one ? :dontknow:
I had trouble just getting in to see the Boynton Beach Club while it was here in the Villages. It was here a long time, too. Some people did not seem to like it, but most did. I think it is one of those movies that you either love or hate? I enjoyed it. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/boyn...eavement_club/

If you are into that old kind of romance in movies like some of those from the 1940s , then the Painted Veil is a good choice. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446755/
Old 08-30-2007, 08:29 PM
JanetandCarol

I totally agree with Ruby. My sister and I are single and bought a house in January, 2007. We are still working back in Buffalo New York but plan on coming down when we both retire in 2008. We bought because of the feeling of being in an established community, security, tons of activities and getting out of the snow in the winter. We are looking forward to meeting all kinds of people and making friends. Like Ruby said, you are what you make of it. If you are positive and happy (and why wouldn't you be?) you will enjoy life and living in this great community. We can't wait!!! Janet and Carol
Old 09-03-2007, 07:19 PM

A couple years ago my wife and I visited TV & KB's along with our friends for dinner using the village dollars. Being a resident to eat and drink wasn't required. That evening during dinner while walking to the rest room I was lassoed by a senior female citizen who dressed up with her hair and clothes similar to CHER pulled me to the dance floor. I explained that I "Had To Go" and she expressed a desire for me to stay. Asking "are you here by yourself"?

So I went. While in the restroom I thought that someone was pulling a joke on me. When I came out she and a couple of her friends stood at the door asking me to join them. I said no thanks, that I am with my friends and my wife and after several more words I won't elaborate on, asked to please be let by. As it turned out the lights were brighter by the door and I could see the woman in her Cher costume.

Her neck was or looked to be close to 80 years old and her face looked like 50. I did not ask her age upon departing but did hear her say that we could meet later after my wife goes to bed.

I haven't visited Kattie Bells since. Now that I read here about things going on in TV, brings back a few laughs I had to share. ;D ;D ;D :edit: :edit: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Old 11-15-2007, 03:29 PM
EYANKOWSKI

I'VE BEEN TO KATIE BELLS SEVERAL TIMES AND NEVER THOUGHT OF IT AS A PICKUP PLACE AND IF IT IS BIG DEAL WERE ALL ADULTS YOU CAN ONLY BE PICKED UP IF YOU
WANT TO BE PICKED UP
Old 11-15-2007, 03:53 PM

This is very amusing - so glad I logged on this morning for the laughs!
My husband and I visited in May and went to KB's on the guest plan. We were seated away from the bar, but you couldn't help but notice a few interesting characters dressed to kill by the bar!
The next day we were having lunch at Cane Gardens CC, talking about how much we are looking forward to our move to TV when a gentleman and his wife sitting near us struck up a conversation (they are considering moving to TV as well)
The husband (who said he was 86 years old) told us they were also at KB's the night before and he noticed this striking blond in a cowgirl getup near the bar. When she walked by their table and he got a closer look, he said she had to be 90, but from far away looked much younger! That from an 86 year old - God bless him! :bigthumbsup:
Old 11-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Veteran member

There are some very active singles groups in the Villages. Go to Tierra del Sol on a Wednesday evening and you will see a very large group who love music and love to dance. I am guessing the average age of this group is 75! God bless them, I am 64 and arthritis has taken away my dancing so I envy them their fun!!!! ;D
Old 11-16-2007, 01:28 AM

Ive lived here one yr,and the katie belle stories are the product of old wagging tongues, half of the people spreading the lies or jealous old gezzers who cant tell the difference between being ask to dance from being hit on. those are the same wagging tongues that have nothing better to do than spread gossip,, some of the people should be happy that anyone would even look at them much less hit on them. just read the articles concerning this subject,, all you read is ,, I heard, rumors, she said , he said..wag wag wag...
Old 11-17-2007, 12:24 AM
Send a message via AIM to LovinItAtTheVillages Send a message via Yahoo to LovinItAtTheVillages

Ive been to Katie Belles many times....both with my husband and with friends..and never have seen it as a pick up joint
maybe cuz Im not skinny and hot looking? oh well..
I think the villages has alot to offer for both single and married folks
Old 11-17-2007, 10:06 AM

I really didn't see anyone "hit on" anyone while I was at KB the several times that we were there.
I was with my husband and we were "people watching".
We were there in the early evening.
Perhaps things don't get hopping until after dark.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:49 AM

I can't believe some of these comments by the singles bashers. Women singles of course, nothing said about any men.
I have lived in TV for two years. I am a widow and have many single and very respectable friends. I belong to two singles groups and so far haven't met anyone that has any interest in "hitting" on men at Katie Belle's. Sounds more like wishful thinking to me.
NO, I don't often frequent Katie Belle's but good luck to the singles that do. If nothing els it's nice to know the singles entertain Fran??? and her friends. WOW, imagine that, --- a good looking woman with makeup on and wearing sequins clothes. I fine it strange that someone thinks dressing up and looking nice is an oddity. Should every woman's wardrobe consists of elastic waist polyester pants. Try visiting So Florida, or Palm Springs CA------ they wear sequins to shop at the MALL
We all heard the "STD" story but don't we really also know how exaggerated these stories ended up being? The gossips just loved it and they won't let it die.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.