Sexual harassment on the golf course

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2017, 09:04 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Some time ago I was at the driving range at Glenview. The sprinklers came on at one end of the range. Those of us at the other end couldn't help but snicker as did a couple of the others who had to escape. A couple of guys really blew their stack cursing and threw down their clubs. Fun times!
Old 11-30-2017, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Were you offered a free round of golf ?
Old 11-30-2017, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

The fact that this subject warranted being published in the dot com news is a testimony to it's farcical content.

Truly in the category of picking fly specs out of the pepper!!!
Old 11-30-2017, 10:36 AM

Snowflakes
Old 11-30-2017, 11:47 AM
Gold member
Default We are truly lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishon View Post
Snowflakes
So little that is TRULY IMPORTANT to complain about.

I just saw a cartoon a not attractive female wants to sue her boss with a reputation. The complaint discrimination by not attacking her because she is ugly.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:22 PM

Are you kidding!
Old 11-30-2017, 01:25 PM

If the post was true...I say Get a life. If not, Good joke on all......
Old 11-30-2017, 04:38 PM
Email Reported As Spam

We are all only passing time on TOTV. Gathering some information, sharing idea and keeping the old synapse firing ...uh er what was I saying
Old 11-30-2017, 05:10 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Matzy

I would recommend to read the basics about "sexual harassment" before posting.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
a letter to the editor in the online news

Last Sunday while playing at Mallory as I and another female were teeing off the sprinklers were turned on. Two workers were seen nearby. This appeared deliberate. Has this happened to other women? Please speak up. This cannot be tolerated.

LOL, The Reckoning has arrived in our home town. Hard to tell if she is serious or joking.
Ridiculous. I have golfed many times where the sprinklers have come on, unannounced. I have never considered it sexual harassment LOL. Greens have to be watered, sometimes even WHEN people are playing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2017, 06:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzy View Post
I would recommend to read the basics about "sexual harassment" before posting.
Good point.

Along those same lines, it would behoove all to study/learn about the actions that all too many (men & women) accept as 'normal'...but which actually fall into the 'sexual harassment' category.

Or, one could just look at some of the posts in the recent threads on this subject whereby the accuser gets attacked...and it becomes pretty clear why so many cases are not reported.

While I'm guessing the 'opinion letter' the OP referenced in the online news was meant as being facetious and to be funny, there is also the possibility that the male workers purposely turned it on the women...as a form of harassment.

I guess we'll never really know.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Good point.

Along those same lines, it would behoove all to study/learn about the actions that all too many (men & women) accept as 'normal'...but which actually fall into the 'sexual harassment' category.

Or, one could just look at some of the posts in the recent threads on this subject whereby the accuser gets attacked...and it becomes pretty clear why so many cases are not reported.

While I'm guessing the 'opinion letter' the OP referenced in the online news was meant as being facetious and to be funny, there is also the possibility that the male workers purposely turned it on the women...as a form of harassment.

I guess we'll never really know.
Not as long as we follow along with the new religion of what others think is right and wrong (politicial correctness now taught in the Universities) and not use our good sense, life experience and innate logic.

Not all men who have been named as offenders are guilty as charged and not all people who are guilty have been named. It takes one lie to ruin a person's good name and it is horrible when the charges are false and less than complete and not honest. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. I am not saying all men are innocent. We are not programmed to live a celibate life. It is born into us to be physically attracted to another and we need to learn to play by the rules of fairness since one gender is usually bigger and stronger and the other is smarter. (Sorry, I just couldn't help myself) (just kidding)

All people who live in glass houses need to be

MIGHTY NERVOUS. Man or woman.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

I forgot to add..."And the behavior is excused or accepted."

Old 11-30-2017, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Some time ago I was at the driving range at Glenview. The sprinklers came on at one end of the range. Those of us at the other end couldn't help but snicker as did a couple of the others who had to escape. A couple of guys really blew their stack cursing and threw down their clubs. Fun times!
This is off the original topic, but I was at Evans Prairie this morning and had my cart parked next to the putting green behind the Golf Shop; a maintenance worker was checking out the sprinklers and as they came on, it sprayed me and my cart. I didn't say anything because the guy was doing his job, I didn't melt and my cart wasn't damaged; I just went on and putted. Afterward, the worker apologized for having to turn the sprinklers on and told me he's had numerous people go bat-whack crazy on him because they get wet when he has to check them out. Ah, the privileged/entitled.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:05 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

I never do.

Tags
speak, appeared, tolerated, women, deliberate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.