Shades, blinds, or whatever

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Veteran member
Default Shades, blinds, or whatever

Am wondering what others do for shades on their lanais? Sun does come in the sides and I don't want to enclose it. Just need something at certain times. So what do others do? Don't have that problem in Ohio! Thanks!

Becky
Old 10-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Shades, blinds, or whatever

I have blinds on the lanai. Keeps the sun out and I can slant them to let the breeze and light in when I open the vinyl windows.

Caution: I bought the Lowe's cheapo 1/2 inch blinds and they were to heavy for the braces they sell you. I went to a blinds store and had them install good blinds and have not had a problem since. Something to consider.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Default shades etc.

which store did you use?
Old 03-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Default Coolaroo

Sam's Club carries Coolaroo shades. They only carry 8 x 8 foot size in a desert sand color. . They can be mounted inside or outside. If you search them online you can get an idea what they look like. We love ours. They kind of look like tinted screens and do provide some privacy. Our screen size is slightly over 8 feet but they work well anyway.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Am wondering what others do for shades on their lanais? Sun does come in the sides and I don't want to enclose it. Just need something at certain times. So what do others do? Don't have that problem in Ohio! Thanks!

Becky
Hi There,

We purchased some inexpensive roll down type shades for ours. Like you say, ...only needed at certain times,...does the trick for us.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.