Shame!

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2015, 09:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Humans are capable of doing the most heinous acts on earth. Watch the news and you'll realize that. Just today I saw where a couple starved their daughter to death and then tried to burn her body; still can't imagine any human doing such a thing? With my wife and I having a combined total of 59 years as a LEO, we've seen a lot and it's only been the tip of the iceberg.

If it was intentional with the person running over the ducks, Karma can be a really bad thing, and someday something will happen to them. If it was unintentional and they didn't see them, God help the rest of us.
It amazes me what evil acts are committed every day by humans. Being in law enforcement, you have seen the worst mankind has to offer. Then we see acts of kindness, bravery, genius and charity. It shows that we have to strike a balance in our lives, realize that good and bad exists in our world, and do our best to live our life with some sense of morality and decency.
I have to admit...had I witnessed someone intentionally running over animals (not saying this incident was intentional), I would really have to struggle to do the right thing. I commend the OP for simply venting, and not taking action that they most likely would regret.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Veteran member
Default You are right

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
It amazes me what evil acts are committed every day by humans. Being in law enforcement, you have seen the worst mankind has to offer. Then we see acts of kindness, bravery, genius and charity. It shows that we have to strike a balance in our lives, realize that good and bad exists in our world, and do our best to live our life with some sense of morality and decency.
I have to admit...had I witnessed someone intentionally running over animals (not saying this incident was intentional), I would really have to struggle to do the right thing. I commend the OP for simply venting, and not taking action that they most likely would regret.
It did take remarkable restraint not to follow them when they turned off onto Buena Vista.....
Old 06-11-2015, 04:12 PM

If the animals are avoidable go ahead and miss them. The next driver may or may not have to he same opportunity. The lives of people are more important, like it or not.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1838604

There are no guarantees.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:38 AM
Veteran member

When their day comes...and they walk up to the pearly gates...I hope there is a duck sitting at the desk!
Old 06-12-2015, 05:12 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishon View Post
If the animals are avoidable go ahead and miss them. The next driver may or may not have to he same opportunity. The lives of people are more important, like it or not.

Woman found guilty of murder after stopping car to save ducks - NY Daily News

There are no guarantees.
The most rational and unemotional response to this thread
Old 06-12-2015, 06:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The most rational and unemotional response to this thread
Right or wrong, I am irrational and emotional.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
To the person driving the white SUV on Bailey Trail this morning around 830 who drove through a family of ducks trying to cross the road...

You shouldn't be allowed on the road behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.
Blind ass old people behind the wheel. I am sure they had no idea they even ran anything over (quite a few of these people are hard of hearing too). They were probably wearing those wrap around dark sunglasses they got at their last cataract surgery (even worn on overcast days).

Lucky you did not witness them running over someone's dog...
Old 06-12-2015, 10:38 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbanker View Post
Blind ass old people behind the wheel. I am sure they had no idea they even ran anything over (quite a few of these people are hard of hearing too). They were probably wearing those wrap around dark sunglasses they got at their last cataract surgery (even worn on overcast days).

Lucky you did not witness them running over someone's dog...
That's what I think too. I really don't think anyone intentionally do this. The kind of person that would intentionally do this are few and far between. Bad, bad accident.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:00 AM

I think I would have followed the person to find out who it was and maybe have a few words. This makes me feel rage! If I ever see someone mistreat an animal, you'll see my mugshot on the not to be mentioned online news.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:06 AM
Gold member

I wasn't there so I cannot comment on why this person did this. But there are people (my husband knew one) who would go out of their way to run over animals in the road. That falls under "Sicko".
Old 06-12-2015, 11:11 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I truly hate that this happened. To think of innocent creatures dying like this is sickening. However, since there were vehicles behind the SUV, it's possible that the driver was afraid to slow down or stop for fear of being rear-ended. Tragic, but semi-understandable.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
I for one am not willing to accept this as an unfortunate accident. The only way you could not see these ducks crossing the street is if you were distracted, say by talking on your cell phone or if you're the most incompetent driver in the world. In either case, you don't belong behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.

It's time we started taking names and numbers.

Yeah, I'm mad as hell. It's one thing when you leave your left turn golf cart tail light on for two miles and every car that passes you has to slow down because they have no idea what you're doing. It's another when you wipe out a family of innocent ducks trying to cross the road.

Damn, it's not like they were trying to cross I-75 with cars going 75 mph. It's a freakin' 30mph zone.

Slow down...watch what your doing. Give a damn about someone other than yourself.

Thank you for letting me vent. I'm done for now (maybe)....
probably doesn't pick up his dog poop either!
Old 06-12-2015, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
...However, since there were vehicles behind the SUV, it's possible that the driver was afraid to slow down or stop for fear of being rear-ended. Tragic, but semi-understandable.
I had to stop a couple of days ago on Powell Rd to allow two Sandhill Cranes to cross. They are hard to see, which is one of the reasons I stopped my car and got out, so I could wave any other driver in the next lane. Fortunately there were no other cars. It looked like this.

The Villages Florida
Old 06-13-2015, 12:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I truly hate that this happened. To think of innocent creatures dying like this is sickening. However, since there were vehicles behind the SUV, it's possible that the driver was afraid to slow down or stop for fear of being rear-ended. Tragic, but semi-understandable.
Perhaps if you were on I75 going 70mph, but this is a 30mph road.

Sorry, but I'm not accepting ANY excuses for this and will keep posting if I see someone trying to justify driving like this.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:49 PM
Gold member

A policeman once told my ex that if he sees an animal crossing the road and there is traffic behind him or oncoming traffic, do not try to avoid hitting the animal. He said a lot of car accidents are because of people trying to avoid animals. I assume there was traffic behind this person running over the ducks.
Closed Thread

Tags
road, back, vehicle, shame, spot, public, stockades, stop, shaming, slow, bothered, motor, wheel, allowed, days, people, makes, photo, post, plate, license, bring, number, literally, family

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.