SHAME on TV, Shame Shame

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2018, 03:29 PM

We Don’t have a GUN PROBLEM, We have a mental health problem.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymac View Post
Not true. Number one, the founders would have wanted us to have AR-15s because the fact is that back in the day, all the weapons people had were military-grade weapons. A musket was a military grade weapon. Now, AR-15s aren’t even military-grade.
A musket is a far cry from any weapon being used by school shooters. None of them would take a musket to shoot up a school.

I have a pretty good idea that the Founding Father would not want AR-15s on our streets. Because they are battlefield weapons.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
So we can all get on the same page....just what is "...a military style gun..."
That should be determined by how the weapon is used. The facts in these various school shootings for instance. What kind of guns did these murderers chose to slay, maim and injure their fellow human beings? Not muskets.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Some of us are just not into marching and protesting to get things done.

I am almost eighty and I can't think of any march or protest that changed the minds of large groups of people. Usually it just makes people angry.

We all know the make up of The Villages is largely traditional people. I doubt many villagers EVER marched or demonstrated in their whole lives.

We know how Gary Morse felt politically, because he gave money to the party of his choice. I feel it is highly likely that Jennifer, Mark and Tracey do not want to make any kind of political statement. They have not invited anyone to speak at the squares for a long time.

I don't think the OP has a really good reason to be angry at The Villages. They are builders, not activists.

ANd just because you think you're right doesn't mean you are.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-24-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:29 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Some of us are just not into marching and protesting to get things done.

I am almost eighty and I can't think of any march or protest that changed the minds of large groups of people. Usually it just makes people angry. I respectfully remind you of the demonstrations and marches led by Martin Luther King which led to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and many other changes for the better IMO.

We all know the make up of The Villages is largely traditional people. I doubt many villagers EVER marched or demonstrated in their whole lives.

We know how Gary Morse felt politically, because he gave money to the party of his choice. I feel it is highly likely that Jennifer, Mark and Tracey do not want to make any kind of political statement. They have not invited anyone to speak at the squares for a long time.

I don't think the OP has a really good reason to be angry at The Villages. They are builders, not activists.

ANd just because you think you're right doesn't mean you are. Boy is that ever true!.
///
Old 03-24-2018, 05:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Exactly.....
Old 03-24-2018, 05:11 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,333 Times in 1,444 Posts

I don't pay attention to protests, they have their rights but lately it seems they don't know what they are protesting about. When I see these kids it reminds me of Kent State and we all know what happened there and that's why preventative security is a necessity in today's environment. Now it's individuals and not the Guard that are a threat. As long as it doesn't interfere with my daily life they can protest all the want, when I see news coverage of these I just jump to another station. In my 71 years of life I have never protested anything, there are other ways of getting my point across.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

In the spirit of trying to educate those who associate the AR-15 as a military weapon PLEASE READ the following:

Modern Sporting Rifle - AR-15 platform-based rifles

I am not intending to change anybody's mind about how or where this weapon or any of the hundreds that look just like it was used for good or bad.

My intention? Just because this SPORTING RIFLE looks like the assault weapon and weapon of choice of all the seal team, white house down, rambo movies.....it is not!!!!

Those uninformed or those who choose to ignore the difference, just like many gun issues will stick with what ever jargon suits their agenda.

The modern sporting rifle designated AR-15 is most certainly capable of being used as a weapon create mass casualties.....just like most other fire arms available today in the hands of a wigged out wack job can do.

The real issue behind the mass casualty incidents gets lost and overwhelmed in the gun bluster of the day. Hence....there will be no change in the results.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I respectfully remind you of the demonstrations and marches led by Martin Luther King which led to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and many other changes for the better IMO.
Yep.

It's hard for me to imagine, why anyone would be proud about NOT marching...for civil rights and trying to end sanctioned discrimination.

Not to mention those students who gave their lives, on American soil no less...to protest against the Vietnam War.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Yep.

It's hard for me to imagine, why anyone would be proud about NOT marching...for civil rights and trying to end sanctioned discrimination.

Not to mention those students who gave their lives, on American soil no less...to protest against the Vietnam War.
You I assume, didn’t serve your country during that time?
Old 03-24-2018, 06:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
You I assume, didn’t serve your country during that time?
Too young, but watched Walter every night in 66/67 as a 10 year old...hoping my Dad was still alive over there.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:10 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I believe you are 100% correct, but that area is ignored pretty much, because it might not serve a political agenda very well!
Old 03-24-2018, 06:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Too young, but watched Walter every night in 66/67 as a 10 year old...hoping my dad was still alive over there.
Hope your dad made it out ok...
They still had the draft back then, and I hope we as a
country never put our service men & women in
such a situation and
then not support them!
Old 03-24-2018, 06:15 PM
Default March for our lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
We went to the March for our Lives in LSL today, very disappointed the TV entertainment dept could not even be bothered to provide a microphone and PA for the brave students from the charter school who spoke out with emotion and passion.

Also, why did the Sumter County Sheriffs deny any further access to the square after the rally had begun. All roads into LSL were closed with barricades for no reason.
I guess the people replying didn’t pay much attention to the news around the country today, LSL was small compared to the gatherings across the country. Did anyone notice that all the major cities had Sound systems set up for the young adults?
I agree shame on TV and the sheriffs department for the way they handled the event.the foolish remarks that this was a sponsored event only shows ignorance!
Old 03-24-2018, 06:20 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Wait until Shooter's World opens and if there are sit-ins - protests or such...

In my opinion students should be having marches against the Broward Co Sheriffs office and the FBI. THEY were truly the ones at fault and the reason the shooting happened.

Also in my opinion, the students have good intentions - BUT are truly being used to forward a political agenda. period. And when they are in college, it will continue in spades.

Tags
shame, lsl, sumter, county, sheriffs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.