SHAME on TV, Shame Shame

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2018, 06:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Interesting thought just received......I simply offer. Nobody ever threatened the 2nd ammnment at any time.

"I carried an M-4 in the Afghanistan desert for almost a year. If you feel you need this or another weapon of war like it to protect your home; you need to re-evaluate the way you’re living your life & make fewer enemies. These have no place in civilian hands."
Old 03-24-2018, 06:36 PM
Default Just go with the flow!!! NOT ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Yep.

It's hard for me to imagine, why anyone would be proud about NOT marching...for civil rights and trying to end sanctioned discrimination.

Not to mention those students who gave their lives, on American soil no less...to protest against the Vietnam War.
Some people just don’t have it in them to stand up for what they believe is right.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
I am a gun owner and an NRA Member. Here what people need to understand about the AR-15 Platform. Its a very efficient weapon. I would not put it into the hands of an unsupervised 18 year old male. There are also some weapons that are just as efficient that should also not be put into the hands of an unsupervised 18 year old male. Last little tid bit. You can buy all the equipment you need to build your AR-15 from scratch, over the internet. It is not possible to remove his weapon from society.

First of all, 66% of all mass shooting have been committed with a handgun.

Secondly, if you are a gun owner, then you should know quite well that I can take my semi-automatic pistol with a 17+1 capacity and twenty magazines stuffed into my cargo shorts and kill as many people as someone with an AR-15.

I agree. It is not possible to remove most any weapon from society. It is certainly not possible to confiscate all of the guns in this country even if were constitutional to do so.

The answer to the problem of school shootings is to harden the targets by having trained, armed adults in the schools. One armed guard is not enough. Some of these schools are 300-499 yards across and three stories high. An armed guard could be very far away from an incident. We need several armed people on every floor in every building.

Secondly, law enforcement has to do a better job of identifying and reporting people that shouldn't have access to a gun. The Parkland shooter is a perfect example. That guy should have been on everyone's list. Instead, the sheriff's dept shielded him.

Thirdly, law-abiding gun owners need to be held responsible when their guns are used by an unauthorized party to commit a crime. The father of the kid who did the shooting in the Maryland school needs to be held accountable for allowing his kid to get hold of his gun.

Any talk of banning certain guns and making it more difficult for good, responsible, law-abiding citizens to get guns in order to protect themselves is nothing more than stirring the political pot.

And anyone who thinks that a bunch of fifteen-year-old kids have any idea about how to protect them in a school is sadly mistaken.
There are people in this world who are experts in law enforcement, security and protection. They are the ones that we should be listening to when it comes to protecting our children.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:38 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
I am a gun owner and an NRA Member. Here what people need to understand about the AR-15 Platform. Its a very efficient weapon. I would not put it into the hands of an unsupervised 18 year old male. There are also some weapons that are just as efficient that should also not be put into the hands of an unsupervised 18 year old male. Last little tid bit. You can buy all the equipment you need to build your AR-15 from scratch, over the internet. It is not possible to remove his weapon from society.
What is the reason for owning an AR-15 in the first place?
Old 03-24-2018, 06:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Yep.

And to the person that thinks there should only be one side of the aisle allowed to live in TV (post#18)...I hear Russia works that way.
I don't recall anyone saying who SHOULD live in The Villages but it is easy to ascertain who DOES live in The Villages, the majority that is. We are all free to choose whether we want to live here or not. We are free to choose. Broward County has a population tilted the other way. No one said we had to live there either.

Most people become more moderate as they acquire more life experiences, and in many countries of the world, the older people are considered more wise.

Not any soul I have talked to since the shooting has not been sad and anxious over it. No thinking person wants any child ever to be in danger of being killed, especially at school. I think the issue is between what realistically can be done and what some people unrealistically wish could happen. It is obvious that drugs are illegal, but thousands of people, many very close to some of us have died from them.

I agree with Carl from Tampa in that we need to harden the target and if school teachers and administration feel comfortable learning how to use a gun than it should be allowed. It will cost us all a lot of money, and I don't think many will complain about it.

It is so sad to see the world change from mostly those who knew it is wrong to kill and to have children frightened in a place that should be safe.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Interesting thought just received......I simply offer. Nobody ever threatened the 2nd ammnment at any time.

"I carried an M-4 in the Afghanistan desert for almost a year. If you feel you need this or another weapon of war like it to protect your home; you need to re-evaluate the way you’re living your life & make fewer enemies. These have no place in civilian hands."
An M4 is a fully automatic weapon. The AR-15 is not. The AR-15 is not much different from many other rifles on the market today that are used for hunting and protection. An AR-15 was used to defend against three people breaking into a house in Texas recently.

Fully automatic rifles (assault rifles) are so heavily regulated in this country that they are in effect banned. There are very few of them in civilian hands.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:00 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,598 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Please take you meds!
When a debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-24-2018, 07:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Some people just don’t have it in them to stand up for what they believe is right.
But most do.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-24-2018, 07:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
I guess the people replying didn’t pay much attention to the news around the country today, LSL was small compared to the gatherings across the country. Did anyone notice that all the major cities had Sound systems set up for the young adults?
I agree shame on TV and the sheriffs department for the way they handled the event.the foolish remarks that this was a sponsored event only shows ignorance!
It was clearly funded. Wealthy extreme leftists funded the children's transportation, food and hotel rooms. I wonder who paid for the sound systems?

Unless they were 18 years of age or older they were children, not young adults. They were used as puppets by the far left.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
"Clearly" I missed the thevstory about the funding being clear. I know at first the kids were attacked, but if you could give us the links or whatever to this specific funding AROUND THE WORLD, I, for one, would love to read it.

Thanking you in advance for the information.
Just one article.. Clooney, Oprah , Steven Spielberg and Jeffrey Katzenberg each ponied up a cool half million..

Clooney, Winfrey and Spielberg Donate Money for March Against Gun Violence - The New York Times

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 03-24-2018, 07:22 PM
fw102807

Outside of getting a bunch of senior citizens all worked up what did they hope to accomplish by protesting in The Villages?
Old 03-24-2018, 07:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Just one article.. Clooney, Oprah , Steven Spielberg and Jeffrey Katzenberg each ponied up a cool half million..

Clooney, Winfrey and Spielberg Donate Money for March Against Gun Violence - The New York Times
I am sure....I was surprised about folks like Eli Broad ho give a million, and as I said surprised at Kushner s brother who gave at least 50 grand. The funding was done through 501(c)(4) so names can be confidential, but that doesn't seem to qualify as extreme leftists as was said. Fact is, anything that is public is more the opposite.this my interest when I read the statement that seemed to imply nobody but extreme leftists gave money. This was international in scope

But you mentioned the Times, and I always thought theyjust lied and used fake news ������
Old 03-24-2018, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

While I'm thinking about it, can someone please explain why so many that become apoplectic about someone kneeling during the national anthem and claiming that they aren't respecting our country/government, are a lot of the same ones stockpiling guns & ammo...in case they need to fight our country/government.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,417 Times in 2,267 Posts

Quote:
While I'm thinking about it, can someone please explain why so many that become apoplectic about someone kneeling during the national anthem and claiming that they aren't respecting our country/government, are a lot of the same ones stockpiling guns & ammo...in case they need to fight our country/government.
You don't have to love your government to love your country..

There are few in our government that I respect.... On either side of the isle..

The government isn't our country, the people are.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 03-24-2018, 07:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
You don't have to love your government to love your country..

There are few in our government that I respect.... On either side of the isle..
I missed how respecting NFL players for the "initial" demonstrations (it became a thing then) was a symbol of my patriotism. When I served, words were just words...I actually served both military and once in civilian life. Never had any doubts about my patriotism, while I know guys who "talk a good game"

You are correct by the way, but I think you need to RESPECT
Closed Thread

Tags
shame, lsl, sumter, county, sheriffs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.