SHAME on TV, Shame Shame

SHAME on TV, Shame Shame

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 07:22 PM
fw102807

Outside of getting a bunch of senior citizens all worked up what did they hope to accomplish by protesting in The Villages?

Old 03-24-2018, 07:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Just one article.. Clooney, Oprah , Steven Spielberg and Jeffrey Katzenberg each ponied up a cool half million..

Clooney, Winfrey and Spielberg Donate Money for March Against Gun Violence - The New York Times
I am sure....I was surprised about folks like Eli Broad ho give a million, and as I said surprised at Kushner s brother who gave at least 50 grand. The funding was done through 501(c)(4) so names can be confidential, but that doesn't seem to qualify as extreme leftists as was said. Fact is, anything that is public is more the opposite.this my interest when I read the statement that seemed to imply nobody but extreme leftists gave money. This was international in scope

But you mentioned the Times, and I always thought theyjust lied and used fake news ������
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2018, 07:40 PM
Sage

While I'm thinking about it, can someone please explain why so many that become apoplectic about someone kneeling during the national anthem and claiming that they aren't respecting our country/government, are a lot of the same ones stockpiling guns & ammo...in case they need to fight our country/government.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
While I'm thinking about it, can someone please explain why so many that become apoplectic about someone kneeling during the national anthem and claiming that they aren't respecting our country/government, are a lot of the same ones stockpiling guns & ammo...in case they need to fight our country/government.
You don't have to love your government to love your country..

There are few in our government that I respect.... On either side of the isle..

The government isn't our country, the people are.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 03-24-2018, 07:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
You don't have to love your government to love your country..

There are few in our government that I respect.... On either side of the isle..
I missed how respecting NFL players for the "initial" demonstrations (it became a thing then) was a symbol of my patriotism. When I served, words were just words...I actually served both military and once in civilian life. Never had any doubts about my patriotism, while I know guys who "talk a good game"

You are correct by the way, but I think you need to RESPECT
Old 03-24-2018, 08:19 PM
Platinum member

I'm sure that the roads were blocked so an idiot didn't use a vehicle to hurt the protesters as has happened in the past. Good planning on the part of LEO.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:28 PM
Veteran member

So will the squares now be available for all types of rallies, protests ?
Old 03-24-2018, 08:38 PM

Location: Lima,OH;St.Paul,MN;Vallejo,CA;Pennsacola,FL;Fremont,OH,Naperville,IL,Sylvania,OH,Fernandina

All that has happened is that a few lefties have trolled a few old fart righties. Think about it. The lawmakers are never going to do anything, even if the other party takes control in 2019. They all feed from the same trough.

Henry Kissinger
Old 03-24-2018, 08:55 PM
Sage

So how do you think about professional wrestling? Is it real?

Tags
shame, lsl, sumter, county, sheriffs