Sharing some stories from my visit to TV.

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2019, 08:24 AM
Default Sharing some stories from my visit to TV.

My wife and I had a wonderful trip to the Villages from December 7- 15th. We stayed in the Village of Hemingway in a beautiful 3 bedroom two bath cottage home. Thanks to Debra the owner for making her home available to us. We went to all three town squares my favorite is Sumter, my wife loved Spanish Springs. We went to Cody's, two for one drinks 11-7, Havana Country Club, Sammy's, The flying biscuit, City fire, the list goes on and on. We walked into the flying biscuit at 6:45 pm Sunday it closes at 7 pm just FYI we didn't know but the folks there welcomed us and told us after dinner, oops. We visited friends in Fernandina and had chocolate martini's thanks Russ and Carol. We walked the boardwalk at 6:30 PM at lake sumter and asked why the pier was closed dusk to dawn and a man told us just go out there no one cares, so we did like the law breakers we are. We took pictures wrestling the full size steers on the entrance into Brownwood. We logged many miles on our gas Yamaha golf cart and I am already working on how to improve the headlights on the one I buy in the future. People were warm and inviting and the service everywhere was pleasant and quick. We saw Christmas displays everywhere from the Eisenhower to the yards of so many homes. We felt welcome. Thanks to all who live in The Villages for making such a wonderful place anyone would be proud to be a part of. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Warm Feelings to you all!
Old 12-21-2019, 08:29 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Old 12-21-2019, 08:54 AM
Sage

THANK YOU for sharing your experience. Come back soon ... the best is yet to come!
Old 12-21-2019, 10:32 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
My wife and I had a wonderful trip to the Villages from December 7- 15th. We stayed in the Village of Hemingway in a beautiful 3 bedroom two bath cottage home. Thanks to Debra the owner for making her home available to us. We went to all three town squares my favorite is Sumter, my wife loved Spanish Springs. We went to Cody's, two for one drinks 11-7, Havana Country Club, Sammy's, The flying biscuit, City fire, the list goes on and on. We walked into the flying biscuit at 6:45 pm Sunday it closes at 7 pm just FYI we didn't know but the folks there welcomed us and told us after dinner, oops. We visited friends in Fernandina and had chocolate martini's thanks Russ and Carol. We walked the boardwalk at 6:30 PM at lake sumter and asked why the pier was closed dusk to dawn and a man told us just go out there no one cares, so we did like the law breakers we are. We took pictures wrestling the full size steers on the entrance into Brownwood. We logged many miles on our gas Yamaha golf cart and I am already working on how to improve the headlights on the one I buy in the future. People were warm and inviting and the service everywhere was pleasant and quick. We saw Christmas displays everywhere from the Eisenhower to the yards of so many homes. We felt welcome. Thanks to all who live in The Villages for making such a wonderful place anyone would be proud to be a part of. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Warm Feelings to you all!
Sound like a good (and typical) week in The Villages!
Old 12-21-2019, 12:13 PM

Thank You for posting about your week in TV. My wife and I were there for a Lifestyle Visit last October. We were only there for 4 nights but made the most of it. Beside spending a lot of time with a real estate agent, I was able to play tennis on a Monday night at the Glenview CC with a great bunch of Villages, played pickle ball and Platform Tennis (thanks to Bev) at the Seabreeze RC. Had dinner at the Glenview CC and then went to see a show at the Savanah Center (thanks to my agent who gifted us the tickets). Ditto on how warm and friendly everyone we interacted with at TV. Have to seek our home here in N. CA and hope to find something there soon afterwards. Can’t wait.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:10 PM

We visited for a day back in 2014, and only saw the route Google Maps gave us as we visited my aunt. Didn't really know much about The Villages then. We were on our way to Disneyworld.

We visited for a few days in February 2019 when we attended a surprise 80th birthday party for my aunt/godmother. We explored, and that brief visit opened our eyes.

For the next few months, we researched possible places to retire to. Oregon has been great for us over the last 44 years, but we wanted to be closer to family, better weather, and retirement activities. We visited/researched a few in the PacNW. AZ, NV, GA, TN, SC, and NC. Even researched other locations in FL.

There's a reason most retirement publications never mention The Villages -- almost none can even compare to the choices.

So...we visited in August 2019 with the intention to buy. We thought we wanted to locate between 466 and 466A. We looked at 40+ homes in that area. A friend asked why we didn't consider the new areas south of 44. Back in February, south of 44 didn't really appeal to us. A lot changed in just 6 months. We ended up buying a new designer home in Marsh Bend, near Edna's, Cattail, and the Pitch&Putt.

The first post echos our experience, and we can't wait until we are full time. We closed in September, spent 2 weeks setting up the house in October, and a few days after Thanksgiving. We are so happy. Our only thing negative to report is excavating 44 years worth of "stuff" at our Oregon home to figure out what else to move down to Florida.

We've been so happy to meet some of our new neighbors during our brief visits, and hope to meet even more in the coming months.

Someday, we might even be able to participate in the many activities we've heard about! <smile and a wink>

Thank you for summarizing your experiences. We fully agree!
Old 12-22-2019, 03:07 PM
Default Gets Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post

This will all get very old to you after living here a few weeks. Yawn!!
Old 12-22-2019, 06:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlsboro View Post
Hasn't gotten old for us since 2011. Can't figure out the reason for your comment.
Old 12-22-2019, 06:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sounds like someone has an axe to grind. We have never “lived in TV” but have rented and owned for ten years and it has never gotten old for us. We will be there in January and believe me, I can’t wait! Life is too short to not enjoy it.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
There's always at least one

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-22-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Sounds like someone has an axe to grind. We have never “lived in TV” but have rented and owned for ten years and it has never gotten old for us. We will be there in January and believe me, I can’t wait! Life is too short to not enjoy it.
???? Look up the word "facetious ".
Old 12-22-2019, 08:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
We are here a total of six years and none of it has gotten old to us yet. Still love the lifestyle and all the friends we have met.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:38 PM
Platinum member

We've been here over 11 years and I love every minute. The comment that it will get old after a few weeks baffles me. Something new is happening every day.

Last edited by jojo; 12-23-2019 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
???? Look up the word "facetious ".
I am well aware of the definition of the word “facetious”, but please share how your superior intellect allowed you to ascertain the intent of the poster?
Old 12-23-2019, 07:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Bah Humbug.

9+ yrs here and counting. Only yawns are at about 8:30pm cause were getting sleepy. Wish we had come 5 yrs earlier.

Tags
sumter, making, christmas, flying, biscuit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.