Sharing some stories from my visit to TV.

Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2019, 07:55 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

It will never get old, unless you are just lazy and don't want to do anything. So much to do, so much to see. Always beautifully kept. Choices galore!
Old 12-23-2019, 08:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile It'a a Wonderful Life

Lived in South Florida, out for long ride and saw TV's. Stopped in for a night. Came back and rented for a month, waited another year came back rented for 2 months. Came back, bought and have been here for going on 13 years. One of best decisions we ever made. Love the community, the people the activities, the golf car rides, the shopping the Village location in the USA, all the things to do, the weather, the landscaping, plus plus. We left living on the beach for this. The beach is "boring". Were there for 11 years. Have a brother in California and visited a few times and says TV's is just "too good". That says it all.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:16 AM
Veteran member

OP thanks for your post! It’s always great to hear from folks who have visited for the first time. Out first visit was in 2011 while we were both still working and years from retirement.

Came back for another quick visit in 2012 and bought our first house....we knew this was our forever home.

Still love this place!
Old 12-23-2019, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlsboro View Post
This will all get very old to you after living here a few weeks. Yawn!!
My guess is you don't play softball, golf, pickleball, tennis, swim, workout in a gym or feel like getting educated, learning a skill or hobby, or volunteering or listening to live music. Whatever is boring you, you could probably do anywhere, so I see your point. Why come here to bore yourself when you stay where you're at and be just as bored.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:39 PM

Great to see all the positive comments about living in TV. My wife and I are looking forward to making TV our home in 2020. Just want to mention some of my first impressions there during our Lifestyle visit last October. Besides how clean and well kept EVERYTHING we looked at we also enjoyed talking with other Villagers and seeing how happy there were, how much they were enjoying life and most of all, being so active! My wife and I can't wait to join you. I have a feeling we will also find a new home south of 44. We had lunch at the Fenney grille and liked that area but also hope to others there. We just don’t to be too close to power lines and especially traffics noise (301 & FL turnpike). We like the Designer Home Floor plan of the Woodside and hope to find one either that is pre built or buy a lot and built it custom. We are still open to buying something pre-owned North of 44. Any advice or feedback is much appreciated!

Future Villagers
Bill & Sabrina
Old 12-23-2019, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
And your point is?
Old 12-23-2019, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Nope.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:54 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill View Post
Great to see all the positive comments about living in TV. My wife and I are looking forward to making TV our home in 2020. Just want to mention some of my first impressions there during our Lifestyle visit last October. Besides how clean and well kept EVERYTHING we looked at we also enjoyed talking with other Villagers and seeing how happy there were, how much they were enjoying life and most of all, being so active! My wife and I can't wait to join you. I have a feeling we will also find a new home south of 44. We had lunch at the Fenney grille and liked that area but also hope to others there. We just don’t to be too close to power lines and especially traffics noise (301 & FL turnpike). We like the Designer Home Floor plan of the Woodside and hope to find one either that is pre built or buy a lot and built it custom. We are still open to buying something pre-owned North of 44. Any advice or feedback is much appreciated!

Future Villagers
Bill & Sabrina
If you are interested in existing properties north of 44 then watch The Villages resales and also Zillow for MLS listings and FSBO listings. I like the new areas south of 44, but my preference is north of 44 and south of 466. We have a Villa in Sanibel and rented several years prior in Hemingway and absolutely love that area.

Tags
sumter, making, christmas, flying, biscuit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.