Children Driving Golf Carts

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2020, 08:11 AM
Default Children Driving Golf Carts

Dear Grandparents and Visitors,

Children must be 14 or older to drive golf carts. Additionally, children must be properly “seated” in the carts. I’ve seen parents holding infants and toddlers with their left arm, while driving golf carts, children standing in golf bag well of the cart, and toddlers without seat belts in the passenger seat. This is extremely dangerous and will lead to physical, mental and spiritual life altering situations, in a split second.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:42 AM
Sage

I've been complaining about this for years--don't get it, you get ticketed for a child who is not properly secured in a car which is infinitely safer than any golf cart, but the State of Fl does nothing for golf carts that share the roads with trucks & cars--since golf carts are not required to be equipped with seat belts--there is no enforcement
Old 03-17-2020, 09:42 AM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Some grandparents will never learn
Old 03-17-2020, 10:59 AM
Sage

It's not always grandparents who do these things...have seen the parents doing it as well (letting kids sit dangerously etc). The other day we observed a young person (child?) who really didn't look like a 14 yr old, driving by themselves. I understand that "some" look young but really---this one didn't look that age AND was driving alone. I had thought 14 yr olds could drive "IF" with an adult. It just concerns me with how the traffic is here, that anyone would allow their children drive anyway.
Closed Thread

Tags
children, carts, golf, seat, driving

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.