Shooting at Applebee's in Lady Lake this morning. (Tuesday).

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2023, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Oh no - not if you're causing a scene. Just if you put your hand in your pocket. Because who knows - you could be some crazy person who hates country music trying to blend in, and NOT causing a scene. Until that one moment when you choose to reach for your glock.

I have no reason to think you're just reaching for a tissue to blow your nose. I think it's a gun. And I'm a reasonable person. So I'm gonna shoot you before you have the chance to unload your cartridge of death on random line-dancers in the square.

Apparently that is justifiable, if the criteria for whether it's reasonable to shoot someone is "they put their hand in their pocket and you therefore determine there MIGHT be a gun in that pocket."
If you actually thought that, you would NOT be a reasonable person...

But you knew that...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-30-2023, 06:51 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

More speculation, but based on the information known so far. Witnesses stated that the deceased fired a handgun into the air while having a verbal altercation with the people in the car. Does that sound like a reasonable, responsible and rational person to be around? My life experiences have shown me that these types of people usually have a criminal record. It very well could be that the deceased had a felony conviction and is therefore not allowed to own or possess a firearm. Due to the fact that no firearm was found, possibly the Darwin Awardee tossed the gun before entering the restaurant because he knew that the police were called, and he didn't want to be caught with a gun. That would get him hard time in a federal prison.
The other alternative is that someone in the restaurant who knew him took the gun so it wouldn't be in the possession of the man who was shot and be charged with illegal possession had he lived.
A couple speculations that make more sense than he was reaching in his pocket for a cell phone to call the people in the car that he had the altercation with.
Old 03-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
More speculation, but based on the information known so far. Witnesses stated that the deceased fired a handgun into the air while having a verbal altercation with the people in the car. Does that sound like a reasonable, responsible and rational person to be around? My life experiences have shown me that these types of people usually have a criminal record. It very well could be that the deceased had a felony conviction and is therefore not allowed to own or possess a firearm. Due to the fact that no firearm was found, possibly the Darwin Awardee tossed the gun before entering the restaurant because he knew that the police were called, and he didn't want to be caught with a gun. That would get him hard time in a federal prison.
The other alternative is that someone in the restaurant who knew him took the gun so it wouldn't be in the possession of the man who was shot and be charged with illegal possession had he lived.
A couple speculations that make more sense than he was reaching in his pocket for a cell phone to call the people in the car that he had the altercation with.
I am pretty sure someone--the police-- would have checked the surrounding area for a tossed gun. And I doubt if anyone tampered with the evidence unless they were very close to the person killed.

Witnesses are not very reliable in these kind of situations either. Especially when the adrenaline is flowing.
Old 03-30-2023, 07:35 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Wow, Applebee's is open to 1 AM during the week and 2 on the weekends ? Are they trying to upstage Maragarita Republic as the place for drunken foolishness after midnight?
Old 03-30-2023, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Wow, Applebee's is open to 1 AM during the week and 2 on the weekends ? Are they trying to upstage Maragarita Republic as the place for drunken foolishness after midnight?
. Normal hours for them
Old 03-31-2023, 04:53 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
There are people who work 2nd and 3rd shifts.

Midnight could be lunch or dinner.
Old 03-31-2023, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
In the real world, people stay out past 9:00...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-31-2023, 03:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
There are people who work 2nd and 3rd shifts.

Midnight could be lunch or dinner.
Or even breakfast, the most important meal of your day. Whenever it starts.
Old 04-03-2023, 08:03 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,315 Times in 594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
There has been some speculation that he was reaching in his pocket for a cell phone to call the people in the car that he had the altercation with.
There was a mob hit in Boston in the mid 90s.
There was a confrontation between two groups in a restaurant and suddenly one person stood up and began reaching toward his belt.

In one of the great lines in mob history, the gunman said, 'I know he ain't reachin' for no Bible.'
Old 04-03-2023, 08:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
There was a mob hit in Boston in the mid 90s.
There was a confrontation between two groups in a restaurant and suddenly one person stood up and began reaching toward his belt.

In one of the great lines in mob history, the gunman said, 'I know he ain't reachin' for no Bible.'

Except organized crime is not involved in the Applebee's tragic shooting of someone with no weapon found on him after the fact.

Maybe someone put it in a toilet's rear tank?
Old 04-27-2023, 08:27 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Anything new on this???
Old 04-27-2023, 03:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Anything new on this???

I do not see anything later than March 30, 2023 in the news.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:41 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I had tools worth $5,000 dollars stolen 5 years ago. That IS hard to put into the rearview mirror. And it is a KNOWN FACT that murders nationwide have increased in the last 3 years after the Pandemic. The US is NOT protecting its borders (both South and North ) from both criminal and perhaps non-criminal, BUT still illegal immigrants that I and no US citizen have ever gotten to vote about whether it should happen. It is also VERY OBSERVABLE that nationwide there is a vanishing middle-class, which is universally known to INCREASE potential crime. It is true that The Villages IS a UNIQUE wealthy bubble surrounded by have-nots. I am just trying to warn senior residents that future conditions seem poised to tend toward VIOLENCE.
.......Better to be WARNED and something NOT HAPPEN than something HAPPEN that a person is NOT prepared for.
.......As practical proof about the danger from increasing crime that real people here locally feel. I was just down to Rural King and the table of cartridges and shotgun shells was just about empty. 10 years ago it would have been filled. People realize that CRIME locally IS a BIG problem.
As previous poster asked, what is the evidence? Shelves empty of cartridges and shells could be caused by numerous reasons, including when hunting season starts, stockpiling of guns by gun lovers, etc. Most of the crime in TV is opportunistic type crimes like stolen golf carts(with keys in them) and stolen golf equipment left in a cart.

If crime is so rampant, would have thought that most Villagers would be lined up to get burglar alarms. Chances of people getting injured/killed by a gun by accident is probably more likely than a Villager defending themselves from those crossing the border or any other intruder.
Closed Thread

Tags
involved, shooting, facts, carry, concealed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.