Shopping carts

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2019, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
The Aldi's way has been the habit in Europe for as long as I can remember. The cart returns are in the parking lots, and there are several of them strategically placed so that you are never far away from one. It's a one-euro coin to get one out. There are never, never any carts left out of place in the parking lots.

Now if only the French would break down and put restrooms in their grocery stores...
Hey Cfrance, long time no answer your post's. No Bathrooms? The only French I know other than Dressing is Wee-Wee! Can you imagine no Bathrooms in Publix in The Villages? Cry me a River! tu es le Meilleur.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:22 AM
Veteran member

I have seen one supermarket with the quarter system. Still there were carts left around parked cars but several kids, and adults, quickly collected the carts for the quarters.

As for why people leave the carts scattered throughout the lot, I believe those physically unable to return the carts are a very tiny percentage of the offenders, I think it really comes down to pure laziness. And of course we are in an “it’s all about me” world.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Yesterday, in Pinellas Plaza someone put a cart in the landscaping next to the end parking space.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-20-2019, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Hey Cfrance, long time no answer your post's. No Bathrooms? The only French I know other than Dressing is Wee-Wee! Can you imagine no Bathrooms in Publix in The Villages? Cry me a River! tu es le Meilleur.
Ha-ha, Nucky! I know where every bathroom is in a 30-km radius (malhereusement very few).
Old 04-20-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Here's a great habit for people who are bothered by it. I am too, so this is my personal habit.
After I park my car, I look for the cart close to my spot in the lot, that is blocking at least one parking space. I take that one. Then, I take a second one. I return one of the two to the cart corral and if necessary, straighten that corral, before I ever get into the store.

It takes all of 2 minutes of my time, makes me feel good, and might prevent the wind from causing a cart to roll and damage someone's vehicle.
I thought I was the only person that did this! I believe it is better to be part of the solution than part of the problem. Thanks for your post.
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, shopping, quarter, doors, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.