Shopping carts

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2019, 08:11 AM
Default Shopping carts

Please place your shopping carts in the proper place when u r finished with them. Twice this week I have seen an elderly person almost fall trying to navigate around them I was I Bealls on Thursday and personally put 11 carts away. Now mind you this was in the store by the front doors. People had actually blocked one of the doors by just leaving their carts there. Really the space for the carts was not 6 feet away. Have we become so entitled that it’s ok to expect someone else to put away your shopping cart. I think all stores should follow Aldis lead and have carts locked together, you pay a quarter to use them and you get your quarter back when u return the cart. Guess what no stray carts in their parking lots.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:17 AM
Angry

Good luck with that !!!!

I see people both young and old load their vehicle, push the cart out of their way, leaving it in the parking lot. This chaps by rump..... They don't realize it cost ALL of us because the store must use profits to pay someone to go outside and collect these lost carts...

It's called kindness and consideration which is something NOT found here....
Old 04-19-2019, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Here's a great habit for people who are bothered by it. I am too, so this is my personal habit.
After I park my car, I look for the cart close to my spot in the lot, that is blocking at least one parking space. I take that one. Then, I take a second one. I return one of the two to the cart corral and if necessary, straighten that corral, before I ever get into the store.

It takes all of 2 minutes of my time, makes me feel good, and might prevent the wind from causing a cart to roll and damage someone's vehicle.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:03 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

This has been going on since stores began having carts and doubtful there is anything you can do to change it other than the Aldi policy. I really hate to come out and see one pushed up against my car, I park as far away as possible to prevent it from happening.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Impossible to deal with the inconsiderate self empowered entitled folks. They don't stop for stop signs, park where they want do not fix ball marks or rake sand traps and they are the ones who are speeding past on the road....to name a few.

They just do not care!
Old 04-19-2019, 11:10 AM
Default My prejudice

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Impossible to deal with the inconsiderate self empowered entitled folks. They don't stop for stop signs, park where they want do not fix ball marks or rake sand traps and they are the ones who are speeding past on the road....to name a few.

They just do not care!
It seems to be the same people. It has not changed. About 1958 or so, i recall my friends father call them the god bless me and xxxxx you people.

You will see them leave trash in the cart. Leave trash ion the lot toss it out the wndow of their car, blow through stop signs
etc etc etc etc.

Ah if we all as perfect as WE THINK WE ARE..
Old 04-19-2019, 01:05 PM
Platinum member

isn't it incredible that a quarter will change those people's habits?
Old 04-19-2019, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

The Aldi's way has been the habit in Europe for as long as I can remember. The cart returns are in the parking lots, and there are several of them strategically placed so that you are never far away from one. It's a one-euro coin to get one out. There are never, never any carts left out of place in the parking lots.

Now if only the French would break down and put restrooms in their grocery stores...
Old 04-19-2019, 01:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Good luck with that !!!!

I see people both young and old load their vehicle, push the cart out of their way, leaving it in the parking lot. This chaps by rump..... They don't realize it cost ALL of us because the store must use profits to pay someone to go outside and collect these lost carts...

It's called kindness and consideration which is something NOT found here....
It's not always an "entitled" person who leaves the cart. It may be they need it (sort of like a walker) for stability due to ambulatory issues. I for one have this issue and to take the cart back to the store OR to the "caddy areas) could be a daunting task physically. IF you're not "there" yet---perhaps one day you will be. Maybe parking lots should put a caddy place next to the Handicapped spots if it bothers the rest of the population so much. Oh...and I will ask a customer headed to the store "IF" they'd like a cart and most times they'll accept OR will say "no, but I can return it for you!" Which much kinder than speculating....

As to the post the OP placed...I can't speak to carts right in front of doors or the poor woman almost falling because of that. THAT is an entirely different issue and I agree that if you can walk THAT far, take it a few more steps inside.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
It's not always an "entitled" person who leaves the cart. It may be they need it (sort of like a walker) for stability due to ambulatory issues. I for one have this issue and to take the cart back to the store OR to the "caddy areas) could be a daunting task physically. IF you're not "there" yet---perhaps one day you will be. Maybe parking lots should put a caddy place next to the Handicapped spots if it bothers the rest of the population so much. Oh...and I will ask a customer headed to the store "IF" they'd like a cart and most times they'll accept OR will say "no, but I can return it for you!" Which much kinder than speculating....

As to the post the OP placed...I can't speak to carts right in front of doors or the poor woman almost falling because of that. THAT is an entirely different issue and I agree that if you can walk THAT far, take it a few more steps inside.
I've never understood why there aren't cart returns next to the handicapped spots.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:

You present a specific, understandable case of which there are no doubt many. However, the OP addresses the majority violators who we have labeled not caring, inconsiderate, self anointed entitled folks
Old 04-19-2019, 03:00 PM
Sage

Quote:

If you are unable to take your cart to your car most stores will have someone there to do it for you, Publix asks all the time if we would like to have them take the groceries to our car.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

To the OP, I feel your pain but this belongs in The Joke Thread! This is the wrong time of life for people to change!
Old 04-20-2019, 08:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
If you are unable to take your cart to your car most stores will have someone there to do it for you, Publix asks all the time if we would like to have them take the groceries to our car.
They are the only ones that I know of. Even Fresh Market doesn't offer to take your groceries out. I suppose one could ask...
Old 04-20-2019, 08:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
They are the only ones that I know of. Even Fresh Market doesn't offer to take your groceries out. I suppose one could ask...
All of the grocery stores will, even Walmart if you ask.
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, shopping, quarter, doors, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.