Shopping Center Planned at SR44 near Morse

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2015, 10:05 PM
Sage
Default Shopping Center Planned at SR44 near Morse

Sumter County reviewed a proposed TV commercial development. The parcels identified in the attached document are on the north side of 44, just east of the new Rohan Rec Center. Access to the parcels would be via Kristine Way (which goes east from Morse at the rec center) and from 44.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1173.pdf (51.3 KB, 897 views)
Old 01-15-2015, 10:17 PM
Platinum member

I seem to remember comments re: another Publix in that area.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
I seem to remember comments re: another Publix in that area.
Wouldn't surprise
me 61K Building is not that big.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:55 AM
Veteran member

There is definitely another publix planned at that locaton. It is a long range plan and might be 2 years away depending on how the new one on powell and 44 does.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:50 AM

I guess that also means another subway, nail salon, chinese restaurant, frozen yoghurt,insurance and mail package store, etc...
Old 01-17-2015, 06:07 AM

Same old places different location !!!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:51 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Sumter County reviewed a proposed TV commercial development. The parcels identified in the attached document are on the north side of 44, just east of the new Rohan Rec Center. Access to the parcels would be via Kristine Way (which goes east from Morse at the rec center) and from 44.
Thank you for posting this!
Old 01-17-2015, 08:16 AM
Sage

I wish they would put different things in different places..it would make it so much easier to remember where you are.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:41 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
I wish they would put different things in different places..it would make it so much easier to remember where you are.
so true.....
Old 01-17-2015, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Shovel not in the ground yet, and already the bashing begins.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Shovel not in the ground yet, and already the bashing begins.
Yea, I don't get it. When we hear that they're building more homes we get all the grief about how it's getting too crowded and the infrastructure won't support all these new people.

When they build infrastructure to support the newcomers, we get complaints that it's the wrong kind.

Publix has been very successful as have many of the other businesses mentioned. The idea is not to provide variety for the people that live north of 466. Rather it's to give the people in the overcrowded areas some relief from the overcrowding.

I would suggest that anyone who wants to open a Costco or Trader Joe's, go out and invest the money and open one. If a business has a good chance of being successful here, I'm sure that the leaders of that business would be chomping at the bit to build in this location. The reason that we don't have a Trader Joe's is because Trader Joe's hierarchy has decided not to put one in here. I'm sure that The Villages would love to rent space to anyone who is interested in renting.

We live in the biggest and best over 55 community in the world and we have amenities, shopping and restaurant choices that almost no other community of this type has. If you want an endless variety of choices in dining and shopping go get an apartment in Central Park West. You'll have every thing you want.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Yea, I don't get it. When we hear that they're building more homes we get all the grief about how it's getting too crowded and the infrastructure won't support all these new people.

When they build infrastructure to support the newcomers, we get complaints that it's the wrong kind.

Publix has been very successful as have many of the other businesses mentioned. The idea is not to provide variety for the people that live north of 466. Rather it's to give the people in the overcrowded areas some relief from the overcrowding.

I would suggest that anyone who wants to open a Costco or Trader Joe's, go out and invest the money and open one. If a business has a good chance of being successful here, I'm sure that the leaders of that business would be chomping at the bit to build in this location. The reason that we don't have a Trader Joe's is because Trader Joe's hierarchy has decided not to put one in here. I'm sure that The Villages would love to rent space to anyone who is interested in renting.

We live in the biggest and best over 55 community in the world and we have amenities, shopping and restaurant choices that almost no other community of this type has. If you want an endless variety of choices in dining and shopping go get an apartment in Central Park West. You'll have every thing you want.
Well Said. Couldn't agree more. There have been many online petitions to bring other stores and resteraunts here and guess what most didn't work.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:41 PM
Veteran member

I heard Costco, Trader Joes, Kirkland and Ikea were going in there....
Old 01-17-2015, 05:48 PM
Gold member

No offense to anyone but that is one of the problems - many people state that they know what is planned or know someone who knows - blah blah blah.

In all likelihood the only ones who know are the Morse's and (some) staff and the potential renters.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.