The Shopping Desert South of 44

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I find it shameful that you (villageidiots) and your neighbors,have to come on here nearly every day and defend why you live south of CR44.
At every opportunity or created opportunity the bashers come out. Many of them don't live in that area so why do they have these negative comments to offer?
Just what does the bashing accomplish?
Thanks but I don't feel I am defending or have to defend my decisions. I don't expect or need to change other's opinions in order to justify my own. Just putting them out there just as the bashers are doing with their own. There are many that don't think we should be happy down here, but we are. Then there are all of us that are happy down here and think everyone else should be as well. They are not likely to change my mind just as I'm not likely to change their's.
Old 12-31-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I don't understand people who live in Continental CC and their obsession with TV. Is it envy?
It’s not envy, it’s disgust.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,419 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytocl View Post
What exactly is it that you find disgusting with The Villages?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-31-2019, 05:01 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,334 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytocl View Post
So we should assume the no one living there uses The Villages disgusting shopping and entertainment???
Old 12-31-2019, 06:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Just wondering how many nights a week you go dancing at the squares?
We go often enough to know there are regulars who frequent the town squares. We don’t dance but love to listen to the live music.
Old 12-31-2019, 09:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,016 Times in 1,010 Posts

it's such a short distance to kristine way, it wasn't a deal-breaker then and it isn't now. some people are never happy, i suppose
Old 01-01-2020, 06:21 AM

Kieth DB has a valid observation. Yes, The Villages has gone through many stages of development, and often growing pains. The Historic Side and Spanish Springs were young, and people did go to Ocala/Leesburg for Medical Care. But there was beautiful architecture, restaurants and amenities. When Gary Morse developed Sumter Landing area he hired developers from Disney to lay out the area. There are numerous Country Clubs with restaurants and large regional centers with lots of golf courses and rec centers. Sumter Landing itself was built in the middle of watermelon fields, then home sales developed around it.
We are now in the third and fourth generation of “The Family” as developers. Where is the town Square, that we can get to by golf cart, with unique architecture? Is it even on the drawing boards? Where are the Country Clubs with restaurants? Where are the restaurants and grocery stores?
It seems disingenuous to run trolley tours through Sumter Landing and Brownwood, and promise prospective homeowners this “Lifestyle”. Generation Three needs to follow Gary Morse’s development plan.....amenities first then home sales will follow.
Old 01-01-2020, 07:41 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Always try to enjoy.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell57 View Post
Kieth DB has a valid observation. Yes, The Villages has gone through many stages of development, and often growing pains. The Historic Side and Spanish Springs were young, and people did go to Ocala/Leesburg for Medical Care. But there was beautiful architecture, restaurants and amenities. When Gary Morse developed Sumter Landing area he hired developers from Disney to lay out the area. There are numerous Country Clubs with restaurants and large regional centers with lots of golf courses and rec centers. Sumter Landing itself was built in the middle of watermelon fields, then home sales developed around it.
We are now in the third and fourth generation of “The Family” as developers. Where is the town Square, that we can get to by golf cart, with unique architecture? Is it even on the drawing boards? Where are the Country Clubs with restaurants? Where are the restaurants and grocery stores?
It seems disingenuous to run trolley tours through Sumter Landing and Brownwood, and promise prospective homeowners this “Lifestyle”. Generation Three needs to follow Gary Morse’s development plan.....amenities first then home sales will follow.
Are you a village resident? Which village?
Old 01-01-2020, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,678 Times in 5,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tghoul View Post
I was told by a Rec. Dept. employee Publix has decided not to build in Magnolia Plaza
Here is a recent email from Publix.

Good morning,

This email is in response to your recent inquiry regarding a proposed Publix in Magnolia Plaza and Trailwinds Shopping Center in Sumter County. I can now confirm that we have a signed lease for Magnolia Plaza. The construction for Magnolia Plaza is projected to begin in late spring of 2020, in “perfect world” conditions, it takes approximately 9 months to build a Publix from the ground up. Construction on Trailwinds Village has started and is projected to be complete in the fall of 2020. The sites are being developed by two different developers.

For more new store information, please be sure to check our website by following the link provided: New Store Openings | Newsroom | About Publix | Publix Super Markets

We highly value comments from our customers and I would like to thank you for taking time to express your interest in seeing a Publix in your area and hope to see you at both openings. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further comments or questions.

Thank you,
Paula Cameron
Publix Real Estate Department
Assistant to Jon Adams and Sarah Wright
(863) 688-7407 ext 52621
paula.cameron@publix.com
Old 01-01-2020, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Many of the threads are started by people who haven’t moved yet to The Villages and are asking us about location. I don’t consider these threads “bashing” threads. Folks are more than willing to inform prospective buyers of the positives and negatives of the different areas of our beautiful community. It is up to these prospective buyers to take the information and come on down and check it all out for themselves.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post

Good morning,

This email is in response to your recent inquiry regarding a proposed Publix in Magnolia Plaza and Trailwinds Shopping Center in Sumter County. I can now confirm that we have a signed lease for Magnolia Plaza. The construction for Magnolia Plaza is projected to begin in late spring of 2020, in “perfect world” conditions, it takes approximately 9 months to build a Publix from the ground up. Construction on Trailwinds Village has started and is projected to be complete in the fall of 2020. The sites are being developed by two different developers.

For more new store information, please be sure to check our website by following the link provided: New Store Openings | Newsroom | About Publix | Publix Super Markets

We highly value comments from our customers and I would like to thank you for taking time to express your interest in seeing a Publix in your area and hope to see you at both openings. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further comments or questions.

Thank you,
Paula Cameron
(863) 688-7407 ext 52621
paula.cameron@publix.com
Confusing rumors with facts.....

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 01-01-2020 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-01-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post

Thank you for posting. Unfortunately due to EC regulations Brits cannot see the link as this (and many other US websites) are not available for viewing outside the US. Can you take a screen print and publish it. THANK YOU.
Old 01-01-2020, 01:06 PM

This was posted on Nextdoor. Maybe will give you the information you are looking for.

Here is the response from Publix Real Estate Department:

Good morning,

Thank you,
Paula Cameron
(863) 688-7407 ext 52621
paula.cameron@publix.com
Old 01-01-2020, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Last night, NYE I was in the bleachers at Brownwood and watching the Hooligans perform. The crowd was huge. We arrived at 4:20 and all the folding chairs had been set up in advance, which is normal the last couple of years for bigger bands. Every chair had already been taken, so we got in the front row of the bleachers, and we had our cushions.

We sat next to a couple and he mentioned he lives south of 44 in one of the new Villages. I asked if he was a golfer and he said, that was one of the reasons he moved here. He plays the executives there, I think he said there was five and he owns a golf cart. He became friends with some of the Ambassadors at the executives and found they all live north and play as a group every week. He hooked with them, and so once a week he drives his car to a championship course and gets a golf cart for free and plays with that group. He didn't seem to mind the little inconvenience.
Closed Thread

Tags
grocery, shopping, basic, full, bore

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.