Sage
Thanked 2,303 Times in 866 Posts

106 posts and climbing....wow

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-01-2020, 01:56 PM
Default Soon, but not yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Many of the threads are started by people who haven’t moved yet to The Villages and are asking us about location.
To ALL the Villagers who post on TOTV, THANK YOU! My wife and I are future Villagers and plan to sell our home in California and have it ready to sell in April. Best scenario, we could be ready to buy in TV in early summer. We spent 5 days there (Lifestlye Visit) back in late October, fell in love with everything there! Our Villages real estate agent is terrific. She showed us pre-owed and new homes there. She also explained about buyin a parcel there as well. We are open to all three options but I have a feeling we will end up South of 44 and this is why I am making this post now. Besides what I have learned from YouTube (Thank You goldwingnut and Jerry & Linda) and I have gathered so much useful info here on TOTV. I mostly follow posts related to living South of 44 but also have looked at posts about best restaurants, pros/cons of gas vs electric golf carts, and treating (filter vs softener) the water that comes into your home. Because of all this information that you have shared here, we will be better prepared the day we move in. Thank YOU again! I downloaded TV app during out visit and use it EVERY DAY here scouring the app for new homes. We really like The Woodside (Designer Home) Floor Plan. I see that many are spread out among the new Villages South of 44. I’ve even made a list of the Woodsides and keeping track of when they sell. Because I have a feeling that most, if not all, will sell before we arrive there ready to buy, I am most interested in any info of new building going on there. Looking at the map on the app, I can guess at areas where new construction would take place. For example, in TV of DeSoto, there looks like an “L” shaped piece of land there that is left undeveloped. Also, land West of Fenney, close to The Grey Fox golf course. And a last piece of property in Marsh Bend that is in the west side of that Village. We would like to stay away noise (turn pike & RC’s) and power lines. I’ve read that both TV’s of Bradford and Chitty Chatty will break ground soon? Any info on those areas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-01-2020, 02:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,422 Times in 5,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley from UK View Post
Thank you for posting. Unfortunately due to EC regulations Brits cannot see the link as this (and many other US websites) are not available for viewing outside the US. Can you take a screen print and publish it. THANK YOU.
SKIP TO PRIMARY CONTENT

TO PUBLIX.COM Contact Us

SearchSearch

Publix

ABOUT PUBLIXCAREERSBUSINESSCOMMUNITY

HomeAbout PublixNewsroom

New Store Openings

NEWSROOMMedia Relations ContactsNews ReleasesNew Store OpeningsRecalls

New Store Openings

Recently OpenedStateOpening DateAddressDetailsFloridaThursday,
December 12, 2019The Shoppes at Lake Miriam Crossing (Store #1659)
4747 S Florida Ave., Suite 110
Lakeland, FL 33813
(Polk County)25,483 sq. ft.

LiquorFloridaThursday,
December 12, 2019Lakeside Centre (Store #1674)
8210 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33434
(Palm Beach County)27,750 sq. ft.

LiquorSouth CarolinaWednesday,
December 4, 2019Lexington Marketplace (Store #1710)
5336 Sunset Blvd Ste A
Lexington, SC 29072
(Lexington County)21,400 sq. ft.

AlabamaWednesday,
December 4, 2019Shops at Bristol Park (Store #1691)
13556 Highway 59 N
Northport, AL 35475
(Tuscaloosa County)48,387 sq, ft.

PharmacyFloridaThursday,
November 21, 2019Beneva Village Shoppes (Store #1644)
3428 Clark Road
Sarasota, FL 34231
(Sarasota County)46,714 sq. ft.

PharmacySouth CarolinaWednesday,
November 20, 2019Riverland Market (Store #1645)
1411 Folly Rd Ste 100
Charleston, SC 29412
(Charleston County)46,797 sq. ft.

PharmacyAlabamaWednesday,
November 20, 2019Lakeshore Pavillion (Store #1627)
2860 Lakeshore Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35221
(Jefferson County)48,387 sq. ft

PharmacyFloridaThursday,
November 7, 2019Latitude Landings (Store #1664)
2630 LPGA Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32124
(Volusia County)48,347 sq, ft.

PharmacyAlabamaWednesday,
November 6, 2019Publix at Tattersall Park (Store #1687)
6219 Tattersall Blvd.
Hoover, AL 35242
(Shelby County)48,387 sq. ft.

Pharmacy

Opening SoonStateOpening DateAddressDetailsFloridaThursday,
January 16, 2020Bloomingdale Square (Store #1681)
949 E Bloomingdale Avenue
Brandon, FL 33511
(Hillsborough County)48,387 sq. ft.

Pharmacy, Liquor

Publix Gift Cards

There are three easy ways to order gift cards appropriate for business associates and friends alike.

Careers

You expect the best in your career. Come discover a workplace that can meet your high ideals and tough standards.

Follow Us On: Facebook Twitter YouTube Instagram Pinterest

ABOUT PUBLIXCompany OverviewPublix CultureStockholdersNewsroomRecallsSustainabilityPu blix FAQsPublix Apparel & Gifts

CAREERSWhy PublixStoresPharmacySupport AreasApplicant ResourcesPublix Jobs Blog

BUSINESSReal EstateSupplier InformationDesign & ConstructionLatest Financial NewsPresto! Network

COMMUNITYPublix Serves ArchiveCorporate CampaignsYouth SoccerRequestsPublixPartners

PUBLIX.COMStore LocatorWeekly AdSave HereApronsPharmacy

© Publix Asset Management Company 2020. All Rights Reserved. Publix is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Terms of Use & Privacy Policy | Healthcare Nondiscrimination | Accessibility | Site Map
Old 01-05-2020, 09:41 AM

We should band together to get a couple of things dune that we was told would be finished !!!!!!!!
Old 01-05-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill View Post
I am most interested in any info of new building going on there. Looking at the map on the app, I can guess at areas where new construction would take place.
I found this link on Aldi website. If you scroll the map down to Marsh Bend area and zoom in it shows EVERY single lot and the house number, overlay that to the Villages website and you'll have a good idea of what's coming up in the next 3 -6 months.

Aldi in Wildwood, 5643 Seven Mile Drive, telephone number and opening times
Old 01-23-2020, 08:04 AM

Thank you cmj1210! So it appears that construction of the Publix Store MIGHT START in late spring this year. The nine month time frame to build would seem reasonable. So “late spring” to start with completion in the SPRING of 2021 appears to be the likely timeframe. Big disappointment! We moved to Marsh Bend in August of 2019 with the idea that Magnolia Plaza would be opening in early spring, 2020, with a grocery store, some sort of gas station/golf cart store, and a restaurant or two with a few misc stores to follow.
So now the turnpike bridge becomes an even bigger issue. Without it, any villager south of 44 cannot get to the rest of The Villages via golf cart, which is much of what The Villages is about. We are happy to be here in The Villages and would not change it. But The Villages needs to make a formal statement on the REALISTIC estimated COMPLETION DATE of the Publix store, as well as the other stores and businesses in Magnolia Plaza, and the COMPLETION date for the turnpike bridge. By the way, to all the Villagers north of 44, there are hundreds, soon to be thousands, of Villages homes south of 44. With upcoming new Villages (DeLuna, Bradford, Chittagong Chatty, and possibly others) this year, there will be even more, and will quickly double in a year or two. “The Villages” urgently needs to give residents of “Southern Oaks” a truthful statement as to when the turnpike bridge will be completed, as well as an opening date for the Magnolia Plaza stores!
Old 01-23-2020, 10:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,303 Times in 866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsapple View Post
Thank you cmj1210! So it appears that construction of the Publix Store MIGHT START in late spring this year. The nine month time frame to build would seem reasonable. So “late spring” to start with completion in the SPRING of 2021 appears to be the likely timeframe. Big disappointment! We moved to Marsh Bend in August of 2019 with the idea that Magnolia Plaza would be opening in early spring, 2020, with a grocery store, some sort of gas station/golf cart store, and a restaurant or two with a few misc stores to follow.
So now the turnpike bridge becomes an even bigger issue. Without it, any villager south of 44 cannot get to the rest of The Villages via golf cart, which is much of what The Villages is about. We are happy to be here in The Villages and would not change it. But The Villages needs to make a formal statement on the REALISTIC estimated COMPLETION DATE of the Publix store, as well as the other stores and businesses in Magnolia Plaza, and the COMPLETION date for the turnpike bridge. By the way, to all the Villagers north of 44, there are hundreds, soon to be thousands, of Villages homes south of 44. With upcoming new Villages (DeLuna, Bradford, Chittagong Chatty, and possibly others) this year, there will be even more, and will quickly double in a year or two. “The Villages” urgently needs to give residents of “Southern Oaks” a truthful statement as to when the turnpike bridge will be completed, as well as an opening date for the Magnolia Plaza stores!
No they don't. Not sure where you came from but did every municipality or developer give you firm dates on everything they did and meet every date? Reality is they want it completed as quickly as you do, it means revenue to them.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-24-2020, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeennyy View Post
We should band together to get a couple of things dune that we was told would be finished !!!!!!!!
So as you put up $$$$ I am sure many will follow. $$$ that’s how you will get what you want.

However every business plan is exactly that, to ensure profits. Until there is enough people to ensure profits, no business will build.

We have seen many changes, since 2007. I just don’t remember anyone so unhappy about how things progressed.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:07 AM
Veteran member

I gotta admit I’m surprised. When we got official word from the developer of the dates for the shopping center and bridges I believed them. They have a proven track record of hitting their dates.

I guess FDOT wasn’t as easy to work with on bridges as they had planned. And with Winn Dixie’s parent company reorganizing it gave the developer less options on finding reputable grocers willing to lease in Magnolia Plaza. And perhaps grocers in this area, such as Publix, had to do a bit more research before committing.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Expectations met = 99.37625%

Expectations met on the date "promised"/interpreted = who cares.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,933 Times in 2,703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
I gotta admit I’m surprised. When we got official word from the developer of the dates for the shopping center and bridges I believed them. They have a proven track record of hitting their dates.

I guess FDOT wasn’t as easy to work with on bridges as they had planned. And with Winn Dixie’s parent company reorganizing it gave the developer less options on finding reputable grocers willing to lease in Magnolia Plaza. And perhaps grocers in this area, such as Publix, had to do a bit more research before committing.
Publix is just waiting for critical mass so that when they finally open up there will be consistent lines at the check out. Who can blame them, it’s sound business practice.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Ronnie Clark just posted this photo on TV facebook page. The future is near.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-27-2020, 09:17 AM

Looks like progress, but when I have looked to the other side of the 44 bridge there has been no work there yet.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacjag View Post
Looks like progress, but when I have looked to the other side of the 44 bridge there has been no work there yet.
Look across the bridge in the photo, appears the base layer of a cart path and a high retaining wall have been installed. Paving should be next, however beyond that you're probably right, the bridge to nowhere.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Look across the bridge in the photo, appears the base layer of a cart path and a high retaining wall have been installed. Paving should be next, however beyond that you're probably right, the bridge to nowhere.
The bridge is going somewhere, to a pile of sand that would scare the crap out of most if you drove there past sunset, still a construction zone. How could developer condone driving a cart in a construction zone.

Tags
grocery, shopping, basic, full, bore

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.