The 4th Square If TOTV got to design it !?!?

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2020, 01:28 PM
Default The 4th Square If TOTV got to design it !?!?

a. Location
b. Name and Theme
c. Shop/store you want the most
d. Restaurant/bar you want the most
e. Coffee/beverage store you want the most
f. Any additional comments you can offer to make it happen

OK, I'll go first !!

a. New extension of 501, south of 470
b. "Adventure Crossing" Indiana Jones/Casablanca/Noir style
c. Hobby Lobby
d. Perkins
e. Dunkin
f. "Grab your whip and fedora, we'll see you in Adventure Crossing"
Old 01-21-2020, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

a. Location: Micro Racetrack Road, replacing the Original Speedway Park and surrounding environs.
b. Name and Theme: Miniature Golf, complete with windmills and a fake Statue of Liberty.
c. Shop/store you want the most: Something similar to Carobongo's in Sumter Landing.
d. Restaurant/bar you want the most: Cold Stone Creamery and Breugger's Bagels
e. Coffee/beverage store you want the most: Dunkin or Starbucks, either's acceptable.
f. Any additional comments you can offer to make it happen: this would be "the tacky pink flamingo of the Villages." On purpose, as a huge in-your-face touch of whimsy, just like they have at the actual Disney World and at miniature golf locations. You could have colorful pops of artwork and sculptures, retro 1950's architecture.

A small tram system to allow people to ride a tram around the perimeter - that way they can park pretty much anywhere, even if their chosen destination is on the other side of the square and they have difficulty walking that far. They go to the nearest tram stop (which would be open but have a roof, like some bus stops in cities), and wait a few minutes. A tram (basically a high-powered electric, solar, or hydro-powered engine pulling a bunch of golf cart seats on wheels) would pick them up and make a complete circle around the square like a clock - stopping at 1:30, 3, 4:30, 6, 7:30, 9, 10:30, and 12 o'clock positions. At least one of the sections on the tram would be wheelchair accessible.

Instead of a view of a lake (as in Sumter), there'd be an outdoor exercise and cooling station with misters to provide a refreshing spray of CLEAN, FILTERED water on hot days.

It'd basically be similar to Epcot, but on a small scale, with tons of visual treats for people who like eye-candy.

WVLG would open a new sub-radio station with "modern" oldies, progressive and album-oriented rock and roll, mixed with 1970's bubble-gum music (Partridge Family and Bobby Sherman, anyone?), all the way up to Nirvana and Twisted Sister.

Instead of constant landscaping, the primary landscaping would be FAKE. Intentionally, outrageously fake. Purple and fuscia roses, brown daisies with white leaves, and so on.

There would be actual genuine grass, in at least one spot. Not this Zoysa or St. Augustine or Bermuda weed nonsense. I mean real blue fescue/rye grass. It wouldn't need to be a big spot but it would need to be the real deal, and kept meticulously maintained. It would be a nod to every single person who visits or moved from anywhere north of Florida, so they don't have to ever think about how much they miss real grass. It's right there for them to admire and enjoy. Maybe even make it a picnic spot, next to the food court.

And yes - this square would have a food court!
Old 01-21-2020, 08:22 PM

Wow, this needs to be built ASAP !
Old 01-21-2020, 08:44 PM
Veteran member

the streets need to be very wide for all the fairs.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

I was thinking Laugh-In, hippies, day-glo, bean bag chairs, and Peter Max when I posted that. I stand by it. I think it'd be a hella fun idea for all of the younger Boomers and their kid brothers and sisters who are old enough to remember it, and young enough to still dance to it.

Oh yeah and I'll add: Line dancing will be strictly verboten.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

A camel was the result, when a horse designed by a committee!
Old 01-22-2020, 05:35 AM

And what a great animal it is!
Old 01-22-2020, 07:17 AM

I think it should be around Chitty Chatty area. It should be called The End of the Line. Would love star bucks really great restaurants like Seasons52. Coppers hawk PF Chang and so on. New stores for clothing and shoes Tory Burch Kate spade and so on.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:20 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

If ToTV got to design it??????.......it would be bright white.

Old 01-22-2020, 07:29 AM

I would call the new square “Coleman”.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:30 AM

Key west theme!!!!
Old 01-22-2020, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

In homage to many residents most frustrating issue in traveling in TV, it shouldn't be a square at all...it should be a roundabout.

That way business owners might have higher sales, from those wandering around from lane to lane...trying to find their way out.

As for location, that's easy.

Just put it right next to...the new Costco.

Old 01-22-2020, 07:51 AM

The 4th square is supposedly going to be down near Coleman, so in a nod to that fine institution, make it prison-themed with the actual square resembling a prison yard. The cocktail stands could be fashioned as guard towers. Have all the Village employees and service people dressed in prison guard and/or orange jumpsuit uniforms. Every evening’s entertainment would start with a performance by Village performance clubs doing Jailhouse Rock or Jailbreak before the bands start.

The businesses surrounding the square could be fronted by “cells” from which one could view the nightly goings-on. At least one restaurant could be styled as a prison mess hall. There would be a weekly food truck night where all the trucks are styled as paddy wagons from various cities.

As far as food, I’d like to see REAL Chicago tavern style pizza, hot dogs, and Italian beefs. Other food related would be a good bakery, breakfast joint, wine bar, coffee house, dessert bar, NY style deli.

And in a departure from clothing stores offering $80 polo shirts, how ‘bout a Dollar Tree, an artists’ studio for home decor, an Amazon pickup/drop off station, an Apple store.

Just spitballing’.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:57 AM

Ya, the real grass spot a good place for your dog to re-leave themselves.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:06 AM
Thumbs up On The 4TH Square

It would be a gold mine if they would put in a Portillo's
The Villages Need A Place For Good Italian Beef & Burgers And Hot Dogs.
Portillo's Would Be A Asset To Not Only The 4Th Square But Any Of The Other
3 Squares As Well.
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, crossing, indiana, extension, jones/casablanca/noir

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.