Short Court Tennis

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2017, 07:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts
Default Short Court Tennis

Does anyone know what decompression level the short court tennis balls are that are provided by the rec centers? (Already called, Bogie, and got a shrug reply).

25%, 50%, or 75% decompressed? Amazon.com thinks 50% for a 60' court, but the balls we played with at Sterling seemed bouncier than that.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

I think the ones supplied are Flat for being out in the elements for while. But, aren't they all beings they come in plastic bag? I tried Short court tennis, the only problem was my backspin backhand didn't want to clear the net. Not my cup of tea yet at my young age of 65, but who knows when the back or shoulder might go?
Old 12-17-2017, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I think the ones supplied are Flat for being out in the elements for while. But, aren't they all beings they come in plastic bag? I tried Short court tennis, the only problem was my backspin backhand didn't want to clear the net. Not my cup of tea yet at my young age of 65, but who knows when the back or shoulder might go?
The short court balls at Sterling are orange and yellow. The tennis balls are all yellow. It's very distracting trying to keep your eye on the spinning colors.

I ended up ordering some all yellow low-compression balls rated at 50% reduction, because they are suited for a 60-foot court. They have an orange dot on them, so we'll be able to tell them from the other balls. We haven't played with them yet, but two of us gave them the squeeze test and think they are the same compression as the ones supplied by Sterling Heights.

Short court is still faster than pickleball, and I am enjoying the overhead serve. I'm hoping to work my way back into tennis, which I had to give up due to a back problem.

Tags
court, balls, short, 50%, tennis

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.