Thanks to TOTV

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Default Thanks to TOTV

Sure some warts here an there, but as I look back, much more to thank TOTV for. Some things come to mind:

- Whimsy: remembering the posts on the "knee whacker" and the "bubble cart". Made me laugh. Along with the April Fool posts.
- Tips: how to peel a banana and how to lock the wax paper rolls into their boxes. Along with many, many others.
- Suppliers: A go-to site to see how contractors, doctors, golf cart repairs stack up. I wish my Indiana home town had something even close to this site.
- Two sides to every side: Usually one of them is really, really wrong (I think).

So Kudos to this site and those responsible for keeping it running.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Veteran member

I second that motion. We're in the early stages of figuring out when we can make the leap to The Villages. I have pages in my notebook with everything from what landscaper to avoid to who will insure a golf cart. I enjoy the banter and when it gets ugly, I can go about my merry way.

The good outweighs the bad and I have an escape button on my keyboard.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXNana View Post
I second that motion. We're in the early stages of figuring out when we can make the leap to The Villages. I have pages in my notebook with everything from what landscaper to avoid to who will insure a golf cart. I enjoy the banter and when it gets ugly, I can go about my merry way.

The good outweighs the bad and I have an escape button on my keyboard.
I tend to not let people rent space in my head.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default I agree

Love this website.....and Love the Villages!....
Old 11-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Re the Whacker. Recently ran into the gentleman (with plastic bat in hand) walking with his wife. Turns out he has Alzheimer's but was batting people long before he hit the present stage (not good, sadly). His logic is that people shouldn't have their knees sticking out of carts -- he had to run off the cart path once to avoid hitting a guy in the knee with his cart and the bat has been with him ever since. Now, he just rides the path when he can sneak away from his wife (aka "my lovely ole biddie") and tries to see how many points he can get.

A truly lovely couple. If you ever see him and his bat, wave hi but be sure your knee or foot is not dangling outside of the cart.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-23-2013, 03:29 PM

Sounds like assault to me??
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.