Shower floors

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2020, 08:28 AM
Default Shower floor

Go to Home Depot
Buy a stuff bristle brush that looks flat and natural wood. Buy a stick threaded handle also natural wood color handle. VIOLA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibby56 View Post
Hi we are new to TV,love our walk-in shower, but any tips on how to clean? Crawling around on my hands and knees is not working for me!πŸ˜‚ Thanks!
Old 08-11-2020, 09:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibby56 View Post
Hi we are new to TV,love our walk-in shower, but any tips on how to clean? Crawling around on my hands and knees is not working for me!πŸ˜‚ Thanks!
Just don't look down.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:14 AM

Buy a spray can of Bang at Dollar tree for cleaning grout and just about anything. It's an amazing cleaner and definitely the best Bang for your buck! I also run my floor steam mop over my shower and even bathtub which definitely makes them sanitized and a lot cleaner.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
We use Tilex and the services of a very nice, thorough cleaning lady. Due to arthritis the wife and I can't get down or our knees and scrub anything.
sometimes the daily sprays can build up, so i got a scrubber attached to a very long adjustable handle/pole that i use sort of like a mop to get the floors & areas i cant reach. (they had them @ walgreens, Libman was the brand i think.) it's great for all kinds of household jobs
Old 08-11-2020, 11:18 AM
Default Cleaning Service

I would suggest getting a cleaning service. My wife and I retired to The Villages and have decided to get "services" to do the work around the home - lawn mowing, lawn fertilization, etc. I have found that there are "reasonable" services for about everything. We have a cleaning service come in about every two weeks - partially for the reason you mention.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
I lost about 40 pounds -- it helped me get on my hands and knees to clean shower floor
I found it! Gladly will return if you provide contact info!
Old 08-11-2020, 12:32 PM

Hi, I need someone to come clean. Can you give me a contact number, how much & how often?
Old 08-11-2020, 02:54 PM
Default Shower floors

We bought a "scrub brush" with a long handle at Lowe's (or Home Depot). It looks similar to a push broom. I can still scrub the floors, but I don't have to get down on my hands and knees anymore. We also use Tilex where the floor and walls meet. Finally, we squeegie the tile walls after every shower, which allows us to not have to scrub the tile quite so often. I hope this helps.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:05 PM
Veteran member

Squeegee the glass after each shower. Other than that it never seems to get dirty which is hard to believe. So I spray wet-n-forget once a week and let it do its job. Occasionally wipe down the walls and floor with a non-scratch sponge. Only been in the house since March but so far the shower looks new.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:24 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snbrafford View Post
I would suggest getting a cleaning service. My wife and I retired to The Villages and have decided to get "services" to do the work around the home - lawn mowing, lawn fertilization, etc. I have found that there are "reasonable" services for about everything. We have a cleaning service come in about every two weeks - partially for the reason you mention.
I totally agree. I told the wife that part of our bargain on moving to TV was that I wasn't going to be a field hand for the yard. With our arthritis, hard cleaning of the house wasn't in the cards either. The cost for these services isn't much at all considering the freedom it gives us.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
Mold Armour at Ace Hardware. There is a Mold Armour cleaner and there is a Mold Armour sealer.
Mold Armor is great stuff. Absolutely try it. I'm the shower cleaner in this house and I give it 10 stars.
Closed Thread

Tags
shower, crawling, meπŸ˜‚, working, knees

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.