Shower Question

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2020, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

What you get will tile and grout, constant maintenance.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
Before I call home warranty, I thought I would ask here. We’ve owned our courtyard villa for about a year and a half which was bought new. We split our time between RI and The Villages. Just last week I noticed numerous black spots on the master shower floor. Upon closer inspection they appear to be crevices in the mortar where dirt is accumulating. I’m hoping that this may still be covered under warranty. Any thoughts?
Try warrantee, but don’t hold your breath. Grout dries, and cracks, if it is not wetted by using the shower. A modern grout product, however, should not have done that. If warrantee folks pass you off, call a grout repair contractor, and get it fixed. Sooner the better.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:16 PM
Location: Osceola Hills, previously from Oviedo FL (Orlando area)

I would never seal tile in my shower; outsideor kitchen, ...yes but not in my shower. Holes do happen in grout, need to fill in after cleaning them out. Agree with comment about testing for leak from below, cracked shower pan does happen. Sometimes too much mud is used too. Eventually, if you are in your home long enough, years, your shower will either need to be regrouted or retiled, just a fact of living with tile in Florida.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Medtrans View Post
And always turn the fan on in the shower during and after for a bit to prevent mold.

I have installed a timer switch to control the bathroom fans in our bathrooms for years. You can set the time the fan will run or set it to run off and on manually. This timer replaces the original switch. Easy to do, if you don't feel comfortable a handy man could do it. This device costs about $40.00.
Closed Thread

Tags
shower, warranty, spots, master, floor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.