Lifestyle Visit Villa Location

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2020, 08:30 AM
Default Lifestyle Visit Villa Location

Where are the Lifestyle Visit villas located? I went to TV website, but I couldn't find the location. I remember that they were located at LSL.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

The new location is next to Brownwood.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Alden Bungalows, that is a higher end courtyard villa (CYV) community with the entrance on Powell Road. It's just west of Brownwood Square between 44A and Grand Traverse Shopping Center. You will be about a 2 minute cart ride from the Publix. If you do drive the cart, don't cross Powell Rd on the street level, there are two tunnels. You might want to check out MVP Health Gym, it's the large brick building at Brownwood you pass before anything else. McAlister's Deli is just past that building and they have a nice lunch selection of sandwiches. The satellite map on this link has the villas centered. Those CYV's at LSL previously used have been sold off over the past 2 - 3 years.

Google Maps

Last edited by John_W; 01-18-2020 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:34 AM
Veteran member

I’m surprised they haven’t moved the lifestyle villas south of 44. The lifestyle near Brownwood and the lifestyle near Fenny are not the same. You’d think they’d want to show-off the features of the Southern villages lifestyle.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

LSL lifestyle was used for years after Brownwood was built. We know many who come here do not have a car. Wouldn’t be smart to put them in the new area without a square or grocery
Old 01-18-2020, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
I’m surprised they haven’t moved the lifestyle villas south of 44. The lifestyle near Brownwood and the lifestyle near Fenney are not the same. You’d think they’d want to show-off the features of the Southern villages lifestyle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
LSL lifestyle was used for years after Brownwood was built. We know many who come here do not have a car. Wouldn’t be smart to put them in the new area without a square or grocery
And the new area lacks golf cart access to the areas north of Rt 44.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:30 AM
Default Alden Villas

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Alden Bungalows, that is a higher end courtyard villa (CYV) community with the entrance on Powell Road. It's just west of Brownwood Square between 44A and Grand Traverse Shopping Center. You will be about a 2 minute cart ride from the Publix. If you do drive the cart, don't cross Powell Rd on the street level, there are two tunnels. You might want to check out MVP Health Gym, it's the large brick building at Brownwood you pass before anything else. McAlister's Deli is just past that building and they have a nice lunch selection of sandwiches. The satellite map on this link has the villas centered. Those CYV's at LSL previously used have been sold off over the past 2 - 3 years.

Google Maps
We stayed in an Alden Villa last August and it was fantastic! Right next to a square and easy access to the cart trails. As said above, they are close to shopping, restaurants and anything else you can think of.
Old 01-22-2020, 11:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Most people who buy in the new area understood it would be a few years before they had cart access to squares, shops, groceries etc. They enjoy the serenity of being separate from the rest of the villages and love their area. I would think offering Lifestyle stays there would entice more of the people that like the new village lifestyle, rather than the old one.

Offering stays where you are a cart ride from squares and groceries is promoting the old village lifestyle, that is only available in re-sales.

We were the first couple that were put in the Alden Bungalows for a Lifestyle visit a over three years ago. Others we met at our lifestyle pickleball class were still at Lake Sumter. I appreciated them putting us where the new builds were. I found I wanted a more settled area, with shopping and restaurants built out, so decided against a new build. It did annoy my husband to no end, as he scrambled to find a few weeks rental near Sumter to convince me to come to the Villages at all. Now we’ve happily been here three years in a location that works for us.
Closed Thread

Tags
lifestyle, located, visit, location, remember

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.