Shuttle

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2010, 12:38 PM

I remember last year when we watched a shuttle launch from the veranda at Havana CC. After a few minutes someone quietly started singing "God Bless America" and 200+ people soon joined in while the shuttle was in full flight. What an experience!
Old 02-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Gold member

The sad thing is that last night's launch was the last night time launch to be scheduled - ever.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRietz View Post
For those who missed the night launch last December (and what you can see from your front yard!), I video taped it. It does take about 60 seconds to clear the horizon, so be patient. I was not ready for the initial glow from about 90 miles away.

http://www.think-different.com/video...es/shuttle.php

Enjoy...

Jim
Great video..Hope you don't mind I posted it on my facebook page to share with people up north...Thanks..Awesome!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Veteran member

We watched the Shuttle go up this morning from a driveway on our Street and then had an impromptu party of "after dinner drinks" for about 45 minutes...How great is that?
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 02-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdraig View Post
We watched the Shuttle go up this morning from a driveway on our Street and then had an impromptu party of "after dinner drinks" for about 45 minutes...How great is that?
After dinner...more like before breakfast....Party On!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.