Side of CYV Suggestions

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2021, 09:53 AM
Default Gardens

I took out all the Home Depot shrubs and planted a beautiful colorful butterfly/hummingbird garden. I tried to attach a pic but couldn't figure it out. If you spend lots of time out there, its so relaxing to sit and enjoy the beauty and all the butterflies it brings. Just google plants that attract butterflies in Florida. Great time to get planting. Be sure to get plants from a nursery that doesn't use chemicals, as that will kill the visitors. So, no home Depot etc. Support the private nurseries!
Old 09-21-2021, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonRich View Post
This is the side of my CYV. There are four types of shrubs planted in three rows. I think the Villages got a good deal on shrubs when they landscaped my home.

Anyway this is where I spend most of my yard care energy constantly trimming these bushes. I have recently asked myself if it makes sense to spend all of this work on an area nobody even sees.

I am considering removing all of this and planting grass or putting in stone. Any suggestions or feedback is greatly appreciated. I would love to see some pictures of what others have done along the sides of their homes.

Thanks in advance for any helpful responses.

P.S. My neighbor has mentioned that they intend to paint their house this year and that presents another issue maybe.
I don't particularly like bushes right up against my house - they bring in insects like wasps and mold. In general, though, I prefer trees and any other plants or colorful stones to the bland, antiseptic look of property line to property line grass. Be careful to ask, "mommy may I" to your ARC before putting in any large area of stones.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:58 PM

Looks like you should devote some of your outside maintenance hours to cleaning the mildew off your ugly sidewalk!
Old 09-21-2021, 06:35 PM
Veteran member

It’s the thought of what might be hiding in those bushes that would scare me. Snakes, snakes, snakes oh my
Closed Thread

Tags
spend, side, shrubs, suggestions, cyv

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.