You can't fix stupid !!!! -- unrestrained kids in golf carts

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Sage
Default You can't fix stupid !!!! -- unrestrained kids in golf carts

Well, just came back from our local mail box and a golf cart puls up with a residents daughter holding 2 -2-3yr olds in her arms- when I told the grandmother this is a very unsafe thing to do-she abruptly told me to mind my own business- wish the local police would start to,remind the dangers of having infants in golf carts.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Sage

Have to agree with grandma - it's none of any of our business. If that is how she and her daughter are comfortable riding in their golf cart, who are we to judge?
Old 04-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Platinum member

I have to agree with grand ma, too. When we were that child's age, some long term memories were made. And we are still here to remember.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:11 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Well, just came back from our local mail box and a golf cart puls up with a residents daughter holding 2 -2-3yr olds in her arms- when I told the grandmother this is a very unsafe thing to do-she abruptly told me to mind my own business- wish the local police would start to,remind the dangers of having infants in golf carts.
What makes you an expert that gives you the right to say that? According to a previous post of yours, you refuse to own or ride in a golf cart so clearly your opinion on carts is slanted.

As for the police you want to get involved, they wouldn't do this as no law is being violated.

Live and let live. Maybe they know what's best for their kids / grandchildren.

Ann Landers always said it best - MYOB.

Have a happy day.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:14 PM

You can't fix stupid but you can quit meddling
Old 04-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Veteran member

Chat you were 100 % correct but it's best to keep a closed mouth when watching natural selection take place....never know who is packing and they are obviously lack common sense so stay safe
Old 04-01-2015, 06:23 PM
Sage

You're all right its not my kids--my wife's niece bought her son a BMW for a high school graduation present- he slammed it into the wall on a highway, suffered brain damage - his life ended 10 years ago- he has no short term memory and lives in a group home. I was a volunteer fireman & have seen my share of young lives ruined -- oh , well--its not my kids- why should I care
Old 04-01-2015, 06:33 PM

Good for you. What is more important than a child's safety (or 2 children's safety)? It is inexcusable that someone would forfeit 2 children's safety for a convenient ride to pick up mail. I have never received mail that was more important than a life -- let alone 2 lives of youngsters. Absolutely Inexcusable!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Veteran member

I also would have said something. I would have known it was none of my business, but know I couldn't have lived with myself had I read in the paper the next morning the child was killed in a golf cart accident.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Sage

Ok- this week- we'll all see lots of infants being held in parents hands in golf carts--lets enlighten them
Old 04-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Veteran member

People take risks for themselves and their families all day long. Motorcycle riding, school football, hunting in the north woods, smoking, overweight, driving after a few drinks, mountain climbing, water or snow skiing, etc, etc. I don't condone many things, but it is my right to do as I please as long as it is not in violation of the law or offensive to my fellow citizens. My philosophy, I don't care what you personally think, so please don't try to wrap me or my family in your bubble wrap. Maybe Darwin's Law takes care of stupid.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Ok- this week- we'll all see lots of infants being held in parents hands in golf carts--lets enlighten them
Although I totally get the safety issues let us know how your campaign goes.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Platinum member

worked with a woman once who's teenage son was riding on handlebars of a bike...fell in front of a car, brain damaged. In the blink of an eye he went from a bright, promising kid to someone who will need lifelong care....of course those parents think it will never happen to them.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
worked with a woman once who's teenage son was riding on handlebars of a bike...fell in front of a car, brain damaged. In the blink of an eye he went from a bright, promising kid to someone who will need lifelong care....of course those parents think it will never happen to them.

When we (I) were young we all did stupid things. Thankfully most of us learned the hard way without significant damage.

But for the grace of God there go I!
Old 04-01-2015, 08:23 PM
Veteran member

safety, safety, safety - why don't all you nervous nellies move into your plastic bubbles and mind your own business. Maybe you should not go outside because you might get an insect bite? Yeesh. I agree mind your own business!
Snow Flake until I retire
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.