"Significantly more homes in Wildwood"

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2015, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmemac View Post
All this will be a benefit to the developers for sure-what benefit is it to the rest of us??? I ifor one will miss seeing the cows and the rural like setting!!! At this point I think some would call it greed/??
As many have pointed out, it is better the developer than some Joe Blow who doesn't have the developers high standards. It is NOT greedy for the Morse family to think about the thousands of people they have on their payroll, they keep them working. And in so doing fund allied industry. Do you not think that after a certain level of financial success that getting more money is no longer the issue. Perhaps the Morse children are following their fathers's dream for the most beautiful and best maintained city on this earth? They are making history. The Morse children don't have to work, but they are still working, and as a result we have the lowest unemployment in the state here in Sumter county. Keeps folks off the welfare roles.

AND....The Morses give large sums of money to The Republican Party.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:25 AM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
As many have pointed out, it is better the developer than some Joe Blow who doesn't have the developers high standards. It is NOT greedy for the Morse family to think about the thousands of people they have on their payroll, they keep them working. And in so doing fund allied industry. Do you not think that after a certain level of financial success that getting more money is no longer the issue. Perhaps the Morse children are following their fathers's dream for the most beautiful and best maintained city on this earth? They are making history. The Morse children don't have to work, but they are still working, and as a result we have the lowest unemployment in the state here in Sumter county. Keeps folks off the welfare roles.

AND....The Morses give large sums of money to The Republican Party.

As of January 2015, Sumter County has the second highest unemployment rate in the state at 7.7%, second only to Putnam County at 8.4%. Monroe County (Key West and the Keys) historically has the lowest rate in the state at 4.1%.

Map

http://data.bls.gov/map/MapToolServlet
Old 03-26-2015, 10:39 AM

I agree with you. I bought in Silver Lake 15 years ago. If I knew it was going to be this big I would have not bought. Love TV 9 months of the year. We go to the Caribbean Feb, Mar. and April. Problem solved.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
All this will be a benefit to the developers for sure-what benefit is it to the rest of us??? I ifor one will miss seeing the cows and the rural like setting!!! At this point I think some would call it greed/??
So your view is that if the developer doesn't develop it the cows and rural like setting will be there for eternity for you to enjoy?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-26-2015, 11:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
...At this point I think some would call it greed/??
Of course some would...hardly making it so.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT2TV View Post
The above is a quote from the online news. Some people are already commenting on another thread that was started about what might happen to the land on 466A across from Pinellas, and beside the Sand Hill golf course, formerly Tradewinds Village. But because the name of the thread is a little misleading, (New golf course and village) and the fact that it is on page 2, and about 6 pages back, I am starting a new topic.
You know, it is very easy to say...if you don't like something, you should leave. That's the first thing anyone says when someone complains about anything. But sometime people have legitimate complaints. I think that this new Village is going to make living in the southern part of the Villages pretty miserable for many people. With the 2000 houses from Fruitland Village, and this new developement of "significant" number of houses on 200 acres, we could be looking at possibly another 1000+ homes if they do CYV's in Wildwood. That could possibly put 5000-6000 more people on 466A, not counting the other houses being built all around Bell Glade area, and the new houses in Charlotte. I have no idea how many that will be. Then add to the mix, all the other houses being built off of 466a by other developers, and I would hope that anyone could see that traffic on 466a and all surrounding areas will be horrible. We live basically at the intersection of Buena Vista and St Charles, and between cars and the fact that the golf cart path for most of the Southern courses all pass along the entrance of St James, traffic even in summer can be extremely busy. Our pools and Rec centers are always busy. So although this new Village might not directly effect some of you, don't say that everything is wonderful, and not all people are happy about it. Saying something like this bothers you does not mean that you want to leave, just wish The Villages would consider the how new buildings will be negative for the residents.
Funny - my neighbors and I were just talking about this the other day. My house was the 4th completed in the Village of Charlotte, and we moved in January of 2012. Our agent told us that The Developer was entering the final phase of the buildout, which would end in - OH WOW - 2016.

It's packed here - and I came from NYC where we are really packed. The shopping at Colony has become almost intolerable, and Pinellas will become just like it soon enough. The pools are crowded, and more and more folks who live near me are now building their own. Some of the clubs have a minimum 2 years' waiting list just to join. The facilities at the local rec centers are inadquate for the numbers of people looking for various classes, or for local clubs to hold events. The 466A corridor is still has no car wash (please, someone build one on Rt 44!).

We like living here, mostly due to our fabulous network of friends and neighbors, but it's becoming more and more difficult to enjoy the "lifestyle" because of over-crowding. You guys living in the areas north of 466A are fortunate - your areas are already built out. Although we don't see ourselves moving, this isn't exactly what we signed up for.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:13 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
There is that word again - greed! Its use on TOTV sure makes me wonder...

Who are the truly greedy? So often we read there are not enough golf courses, not enough yoga sessions, not enough free swim sessions, not enough lifelong college classes, not enough restaurants, not enough pickleball courts, not enough beginner level games, too much traffic, ETC! So many people are always complaining and whining for MORE benefits and fewer people to use them. It seems that greed can be a door that swings both ways!

Old 03-26-2015, 02:00 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
There is that word again - greed! Its use on TOTV sure makes me wonder...

Who are the truly greedy? So often we read there are not enough golf courses, not enough yoga sessions, not enough free swim sessions, not enough lifelong college classes, not enough restaurants, not enough pickleball courts, not enough beginner level games, too much traffic, ETC! So many people are always complaining and whining for MORE benefits and fewer people to use them. It seems that greed can be a door that swings both ways!

IMO; it's more that new residents feel duped than greedy. Their real estate salesperson probably never said 'see all these beautiful facilities. Too bad you'll never be able to use them because they are already full'.

Nobody knows what will happen with Mark Morse at the helm, but he is not the benevolent person that Gary Morse was (may he RIP).
Old 03-26-2015, 02:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
IMO; it's more that new residents feel duped than greedy. Their real estate salesperson probably never said 'see all these beautiful facilities. Too bad you'll never be able to use them because they are already full'.

Nobody knows what will happen with Mark Morse at the helm, but he is not the benevolent person that Gary Morse was (may he RIP).
What makes you say that??? What if he read that??? He is a person too. He was the one that offered to build the church on the square into a performance facility but the "committee" turned him down. Eventually he did anyway.

I see no reason to think Mark Morse is sub par.

I get so tired of the Morse bashing and some of you get tired of the Morse complementing. You bash. I compliment.

Snarky Gracie. Who doesn't work for the developer but would like to shake one of their hands.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:26 PM
Sage

As long as wherever a home is built, there is the corresponding businesses and amenities that still makes living here, a paradise. I know there are some areas that people feel a need for another supermarket, etc but.........

Why is there such a bias for not letting other people enjoy the great lifestyle that some people, take for granted.

If they build it, they will come. With more people retiring than ever, they should have the right to enjoy the same priviledges as the rest of us. IMHO

After a while, there will no more land to fit anymore homes and all of us don't know when, that will happen.

BTW - Would it kill someone if they had to travel another 10 to 15 minutes to get what they need?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-26-2015, 02:36 PM

"They paved Paradise and put up a parking lot!"
Old 03-26-2015, 02:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post

Wow. Not even sure what to say about this. (Sometimes the cliche nay-sayers hate is just so appropriate.)
Old 03-26-2015, 03:17 PM
Platinum member

I find it very hard to understand where all this negativity comes from. I must be living in a different place!! Not too long ago, a guy told me that he and his wife "HATE IT HERE". Then, why don't they all just leave!!!
Old 03-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What makes you say that??? What if he read that??? He is a person too. He was the one that offered to build the church on the square into a performance facility but the "committee" turned him down. Eventually he did anyway.

I see no reason to think Mark Morse is sub par.

I get so tired of the Morse bashing and some of you get tired of the Morse complementing. You bash. I compliment.

Snarky Gracie. Who doesn't work for the developer but would like to shake one of their hands.

In the 15 years that I have lived here, residents have never been asked to pay for repairs, etc to district owned facilities. In the past few months, residents in districts 5 through 10 are being told they must pay up to $1.5 million to shore up the Morse Blvd bridge and $50,000 to replace trees on Lake Miona Drive.

IMO: In the past, Gary Morse would have stepped up to the plate and paid these expenses. (This is only my opinion, based on 15 years of observing). There is no way to know for sure.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

A legitimate argument for the bridge and trees can be made both ways, but if 110,000 Villagers pony up $14 each, problem is solved. I doubt there will be an epidemic of bankruptcies over that, in fact, hardly worth arguing over.
As for me, I'd rather pay my $14 than end up with a car or cart underwater, and trees do provide oxygen.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.