Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   "Significantly more homes in Wildwood" (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/significantly-more-homes-wildwood-148633/)

Indydealmaker 03-25-2015 11:21 AM

Those that are complaining about the continued growth of The Villages are overlooking one glaring fact...if The Villages did not develop those areas, another developer will.

Other developments might bring loud and unruly children right up to your back door. OMG

Other developments might bring low-income housing and the subsequent constant turnover right up to your back door. Big OMG

A development by Morse has more green space than almost any other home project. It also tends to bring more varied and upscale commercial than other developments would attract.

Further development brings in increased tax revenue for continued infrastructure support. No new development dictates tax increases due to the obvious fact that maintenance costs do inflate.

In other words, if you think about it, you are complaining just to be complaining. If you got the development freeze by The Villages for which you wish, you might REALLY have something about which to complain.

fndrbndr 03-25-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougB (Post 1034278)
Possibly some felt that way when they developed your village?

Touche!

Bogie Shooter 03-25-2015 01:49 PM

After reading all the posts after the OP.............the doom and gloom went away!

Challenger 03-25-2015 02:14 PM

bbb
Quote:

Originally Posted by Indydealmaker (Post 1034464)
Those that are complaining about the continued growth of The Villages are overlooking one glaring fact...if The Villages did not develop those areas, another developer will.

Other developments might bring loud and unruly children right up to your back door. OMG

Other developments might bring low-income housing and the subsequent constant turnover right up to your back door. Big OMG

A development by Morse has more green space than almost any other home project. It also tends to bring more varied and upscale commercial than other developments would attract.

Further development brings in increased tax revenue for continued infrastructure support. No new development dictates tax increases due to the obvious fact that maintenance costs do inflate.

In other words, if you think about it, you are complaining just to be complaining. If you got the development freeze by The Villages for which you wish, you might REALLY have something about which to complain.

Right On- "becareful what you wish for, you may get it"!!!

Justus 03-25-2015 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanman (Post 1034319)
Something is going to be built there whether it's the Morse family or not. A developer owns it now. I believe the parcel adjacent to it is owned by a different developer. They are not about to lose their investments they will do something. I for one am glad to see it stay in The Villages. I come from a town of 45,000 people up north and I feel less crowded here than I did there. I pinch myself everyday to be sure I'm not dreaming living in such a beautiful place. Don't begrudge the developer, their the ones that built us this beautiful place to live out the rest of our lives.

Quite an astute observation, and well presented.

Colts Fan 03-25-2015 09:28 PM

Question:

Should we be more worried that the developer will reach a point of build out, or that they won't?

Personally, I don't think it matters. The developer has shown a significant commitment to developing and maintaining a prety special community. My neighbors all seem happy here and are pretty great people. My best suggestion is to not overextend yourself in having fun, so that it won't stress you too much with a little traffic or a couple of extra minutes in the grocrty line. I tried to leave that behind when I retired.

sunnyatlast 03-25-2015 10:18 PM

To hear those who say TV is "becoming overcrowded" or already is, an unknowing person would think TV were building all the new homes into existing neighborhoods.

But they are not! They're built on added land.

It's low-density here, with everyone on their own lot with their own single-family home. I agree with the poster who said you don't find an area much more heavily traveled than Hwy. 441/27 corridor. South of 466 and 466a are fine.

Every time The Villages is mentioned in other areas of the state and nation, it is described as "sprawling" and that is an apt description. It's spread-out.

Barefoot 03-25-2015 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1034303)
You're obviously sincere about your concerns. I would never belittle that. But at the same time, TV has expanded many times. I don't think people are discarding your thoughts. They're simply saying that they don't agree with your assessment...which I must say is rather doom-and-gloom.

The developers have been responsible so far. I don't think there's any reason to think that will change. And of course many Villagers are from areas that make any congestion in TV, now and for the foreseeable future, look trivial by comparison. I'm one of those.

Hang in there. I simply don't think it will be as bad as you think. In fact...it's possible that it won't be bad at all.

Nice post!

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1034446)
How many would buy again if they could turn the clock back? Probably 95%.

We purchased in 2007 - the best decision we ever made. We want others to enjoy the same opportunity.

As Sunny said, the homes will be built on added land. The Developer isn't squeezing the homes into existing Villages or building on our golf courses.

Radioman41 03-26-2015 06:46 AM

I would much rather have The Villages develop the land rather than some unknown developer. The open land will be developed one way or another.

slipcovers 03-26-2015 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioman41 (Post 1034851)
I would much rather have The Villages develop the land rather than some unknown developer. The open land will be developed one way or another.

The very large area of farm land across from Pinellas, on 466A, is not part of The Villages. It is owned by other developers, and still no word as to what is going to be built there. I believe that is what the OP is referring to.

looneycat 03-26-2015 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skip0358 (Post 1034428)
OK the developer is going to develop that's what he does. The road(466A) can handle the traffic, 462 is going to be widened to the same size as Powell Rd. There's a Supermarket and a couple of Restaurants there already. God knows there are enough banks, you have a gas station. Everything you need within easy reach. So there will be more people guess what, there will ALWAYS be more people. Everything he tries to do somebody has a problem with lately. There are 100K people in about 35 square mile that's not a big problem. Where you came how many golf courses, pools, movie theaters and restaurants did you have? How big were your roads? What were you paying in taxes and fees? I'm sure your old home town wasn't as sparkly and as well maintained as TV. If it was why did you move? As long as there is a demand he will continue to build. JMO

Having lived in Coram and Middle Islander I can say TV is an improvement over both and Patchogue! Ribit ribit, that's the sound of a frog! These others constantly looking for negatives can spend their time doing that, I'll spend my time enjoying this beautiful place!

looneycat 03-26-2015 07:53 AM

mxptlzy!

jimmemac 03-26-2015 08:06 AM

All this will be a benefit to the developers for sure-what benefit is it to the rest of us??? I ifor one will miss seeing the cows and the rural like setting!!! At this point I think some would call it greed/??

Chatbrat 03-26-2015 08:26 AM

Since the new house will be in Wildwood & Fruitland Park--will there be a CDD, if not I don't see the requirement to float a bond--without bonds--these house will place nearby houses @ a disadvantage--when it comes to resale

Indydealmaker 03-26-2015 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1034897)
Since the new house will be in Wildwood & Fruitland Park--will there be a CDD, if not I don't see the requirement to float a bond--without bonds--these house will place nearby houses @ a disadvantage--when it comes to resale

Even without a bond, there will be pricing parity. The infrastructure work must still be paid for. The value of the bond will be added to construction cost as part of the selling price.